tunguitvn
Squire
Squire

[Complain & Suggestion] Lich race - a view from veteran player

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:06 am

Hello everyone & Lilith,
I am a Lich player from beginning and only playing Lich nearly one year (from the first day this game released),
I played several servers and now end up with a merger realm.
I am at level 40, 1700-1800 power.

I would like to share all my thought about Lich race and some suggestion to Lilith (if someone from the team read this, please bring it out to a internal meeting).
1. The design of Lich race: I play many games, in every game like this, Lich (sometimes called Undead, mummy, zombie, skeleton…) A lich is an undead spellcaster, usually a wizard or sorcerer but sometimes a cleric or other spellcaster, who has used its magical powers to unnaturally extend its life. Below is the main characteristic of Lich
• Crowd
• Very cheap price
• Weak in HP/Atk for a single unit
As a Lich/Undead player, normally we win a battle by using the number; but in this game, this is totally not working as its designed. Because:
a) Crowd >< Army cap. A Lich player has a same army cap with any other race, also the number of unit per group not difference (24 vs 30).
b) Cheap price >< Expensive. You will never find a lich player uses Gold Skeleton/Warlock/mummy for PVP/Seige battle. Why? Because they are EXPENSIVE when they die, no return in hospital like other race.

For example, a group of Gold Skeleton have a price 94*30 = 2830 rare rss, a group of dw engineer 595*12 = 7140, in a pvp battle, engineer recover 70% and lost 30% (at maximum), that mean lost 2142, with a high level vega and elena, the rate +16%, mean lost only 14% (999 rare rss). Here I do not count the case 100% injury in home kingdom, lost 0%.

You can easily see how expensive a Lich player pay vs another race.

Hey, I do not forget the dwarf player Mech (1515*5 = 7575) and tank (5228). However why you can see dw player use Mech and Tank but no Lich player use skeleton and Alycotes? Yes, because the HP of Mech and Tank is extremely high, very hard to die unless you totally lose a battle, also the “force field” -60% damage of range troop will help a lot!

2. The “magic attack”. Along with human priestess, Lich is the only race have magic attack, but it is greatly reduced by Elena!!! (-55%). While no other hero reduces the physical attack for the whole army. With Elena, 3/5 of Lich troops are nearly useless (Warlock, Mummy, Spider) and also all the magical hero which is mainly used by Lich player (Arvil, Vallari, Vega, Gan, Gazul, Cleo, Waxius, Rose, Yip) wow! A single hero can greatly affect to many things!

3. Lack of hero and item supports for Lich. For now, only Gazul support for undead, Gan support for Scorpion & Spider (only HP), Rose support for spider and Vega little support in healing for Scorpion & Spider. I know there are some other heroes like Wraxius and Cleo, but they are totally useless (very hard to activate support skill and not useful). Take a look on Human race: Vega, Virion, Avalon, Elena, Yip. Dwarf race: Jacques, Nora, Gafga, Avalon, Virion, Vega. Rakan race: Avalon, Virion, Mako, Denji, Yip, Vega, Elena.
(Avalon +hp support for all human troops, Vega+ elena boost injury rate, Vega heal, Virion reduce damage greatly when morale boost).

4. Can’t join any siege battle. Slow attack and weak damage on wall make Lich can’t join any siege battle at level 40.
5. Lose in weekly events, Void. HOW COME LICH WIN A FAST BATTLE WITHIN 15S? ESPECIALLY FOR NOW YOU REDUCE THE LOAN TROOP TO 4?????

Here is my suggestion:
1. Reduce the supply cost of undead troops: 0.3 for Stalker and warlock. That means we can store more unit in our army with the same army cap of other player.

2. Increase the troop size of Stalker, warlock and Mummy. 50 for Stalker, 40 for Warlock and 15 for Mummy. Actually, they are still very weak while pvp with AOE troops, like Rocketeers, Mech, tank, Horsemen, crossbow, tortoise… but at least they are better than now.

3. Apply the recovery rate for undead unit like in defense wall (70% base + 20% from research). That means if we fight in our kingdom, we will lose troop maximum 30% and recover 70% immediately (other race: recover 100% with healing time – now greatly reduced); if we fight in other kingdom, we have the same base recovery rate with other race but no buff from Vega and Elena (+16%), this is fair enough with the immediately recover.

4. Change the Elena skill (-55% magic damage), this is huge impact to the game play, or make that skill like Avalon war horn (only effect to some of nearby troops within a specific time. Unlike now, just throw Elena to a corner then everyone gets buffed (injury rate and magic resistance)

5. Balance Gazul skill, move 1 skill undead support to Cleo. Currently Gazul is overload of undead skills while ability point has a cap of 80. For now, ideally Gazul can be built in 3 ways: resurrection, undead support and magic damage.

6. Reduce the requirement in void and bonus time for Lich in fast-fight events. If a Lich player attack a mission in void with requirement to perfect 15s, please make it 15+5 or more, only for Lich. And with the fast fight events, now you limit only 4 borrow troops, then please -3s, -5s when a Lich player battle in that event. (eg: Lich player start the battle time at 00:-05 while other races start at 00:00)

Please make Lich a useable race in this game.
Thank you.

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Re: [Complain & Suggestion] Lich race - a view from veteran player

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:09 am

Apart from everything you mentioned (many things are fair enough and should be considered), wanna say a thing about:
"5. Lose in weekly events, Void. HOW COME LICH WIN A FAST BATTLE WITHIN 15S? ESPECIALLY FOR NOW YOU REDUCE THE LOAN TROOP TO 4?????"

-Well. Many people suggested to remove loaning at all, because it is ruining the game in many different aspects.
It is your choice to play any race, and choosing Lich race means that you can't siege (or do it slow and expensive), and you can't win timer events (like VOID and contests "who is the first and fastest").
Such huge aspects as Void and Contests that depend on personal power and troops should be based ONLY on your personal achievements, researches, upgrades, types of units etc.
The loaning feature got so far and deep into the game that people really think and demand that it is the necessary "must be" option for them to do void and different challenges, but no :) it is not.
If you play your game, you need to prioritize your own power, abilities, heroes and skills.
Server 94
Void - 120, Abyss 495
House: Icarum, Gods of War

neuro
Baron
Baron

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:01 am

People are idiots if they put skeletons or mummies on the wall. The human priests do devastating damage to the undead troops and grant immunity to the poison of the frontline troops. The lich defense is very good at resisting a lot of damage for a short period of time (rockets), but it's bad at resisting continued damage. For this same reason we must first prioritize the survival of the troops, then the attack damage and finally the attack speed.

SANTAZ
Squire
Squire

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:57 am

Give Lich units something like "Bloodlust" compared to the moralboost. Some combination between lifesteal and attack-rating. It works the same way moralboost works, just with a Lich specific boost. Remove gazhul undead boost, instead let gazhul boost this bloodlust skill. After this balance the lich vs human units matchup and problem is solved.

There are so many ways other games handle those problems, if devs take a look to the left and the right, they will find many easy answers.

neuro
Baron
Baron

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:11 am

I believe that the lich troops are well balanced. It seems to me that there are only 2 heros that reduce the damage of the enemy troops (Elena for spiders and YIP for human archers). A swordsman with YIP and technology, causes the archers of the wall do not hurt the attacking troops ... and an attack with elena and priests, the spiders of the wall are totally useless. All heros are useful for all races and this is a problem and also a solution for the game to be more destructible, but it also causes the technology to be totally useless.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:26 pm

Whats the problem then. Just buy the heroes... Take out whoever is bothering you..then he takes you out... back and forth for couple of days untill credit cards loose some weight and you are friends :roll:

neuro
Baron
Baron

Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:15 pm

More than a problem ... the game is now too easy. It is not necessary to attack cities, it is not necessary to put objects to your heros. The important thing is that they have a high level and skill points.

Before a lich lost the army and all resources were stolen, he had to uninstall the game ... now only 20% is stolen and the resources of the guard towers are unlimited.

Now it is not possible to ruin the game to any player. The defenses are destroyed and it may take 1 day or 2 to heal all the troops.

One solution would be to restrict the use of the payment heros to each breed (for example, that jaq can only be used by dwarves) and limit the level of the bastion to 1 or 2 levels also for the payment heros, but that would be bad for the business and there would be less destruction than now.

On my server all level 40 players have been destroyed on at least some occasion.

Now the game limited the borrowed troops, but we have already found a way to attack the cities as before with a penalty of the turtle bonus.

Bobby
Baron
Baron

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:45 pm

Yeah mages are useless at the moment and with elena its just a joke

neuro
Baron
Baron

Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:23 am

The game forces you to buy Elena and Yip. Do not wait for changes. This company has no ethics ... If you ask the players about the opinion they have of the developers, 9 out of 10 will answer negatively. I know people who have bought packages of 99 dollars thinking that they had bought a hero and only got coins and objects ... and there are many more examples like this one. They are scammers.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:22 am

Well its true but at least we get tokens now.
Average 120 tokens x 3 months for 1 hero.
+ linari bonuses it can go down to 2.
With enough luck it may be even faster...
Its huge step forward. There is barely a mobile with different type of management.
Afcourse is too late for f2p or patron players with 8 months or more playtime who were unlucky with chests...
In fresh realm I can easily get 1 hero with rerolls, Jac for 10 , 3rd chest hero within a month and couple from void. Thats a lot better than before and may even gameplay a bit in the long run.