Esquire
Knight
Knight

Paid Hero Resets

Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:16 pm

It has been a while since I saw this discussed. Just thought I would throw this back out there. Lots of players would be more than willing to hand you their hard earned cash to gutter their Rufio and put his cards into a different hero.

All kidding aside, I once again bring it up, especially given the direction the game has taken simplifying the process of race changes and conversion of troops. The only thing preventing a person from being able to swap races seamlessly is the inability to take race specific heroes and reset them. I would think that even with a slight drop in people pulling chests to obtain the stat cards, the monetary gain would still be greater by allowing people to spend money to redistribute ability and stat points.

Zer0C001
Knight
Knight

Re: Paid Hero Resets

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:22 am

While I agree with this post biggest problem with switching races is actually research branches.

Esquire
Knight
Knight

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:15 am

Zer0C001 wrote:
While I agree with this post biggest problem with switching races is actually research branches.

That depends on the race your are swapping from and to. Lich will likely have strong swords and priestess if they go human, while dwarf will have strong swords and cavalry. If you stay at least moderately well rounded research shouldn’t be a huge issue.

Sinking 80/80 ability points and max stat cards into a race dependent hero and then swapping to a race that doesn’t utilize the investment takes a tremendous amount of time to regain ground with.

Zer0C001
Knight
Knight

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:08 am

Esquire wrote:
Zer0C001 wrote:

That depends on the race your are swapping from and to. Lich will likely have strong swords and priestess if they go human, while dwarf will have strong swords and cavalry. If you stay at least moderately well rounded research shouldn’t be a huge issue.

Sinking 80/80 ability points and max stat cards into a race dependent hero and then swapping to a race that doesn’t utilize the investment takes a tremendous amount of time to regain ground with.

I am curious what level of research you reached? Well rounded research is not really an option unless you spend lots of money. Very lengthy research starts around t9 where you have to decide which troops to ignore. And you have made my point if I switch to human from all but rakkan I would have weak archers and would take me a month or more to catch up in research. Time that should be spent doing essential research for main troops to not fall behind switching from lich also carries bad research for other races as you mentioned who needs high research in priests and low in archers and horses or mecs. Rakkan and Human are probably the only ones that get close though will likely have low research in samurai. And it makes a difference of a month or much more for a single units research which is a time lost. While heroes abilitie points are more available especially with new patch which will provide players with substantially more stats and xp for non farmville servers.

Esquire
Knight
Knight

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:35 pm

Zer0C001 wrote:
Esquire wrote:
Zer0C001 wrote:

I am curious what level of research you reached? Well rounded research is not really an option unless you spend lots of money. Very lengthy research starts around t9 where you have to decide which troops to ignore. And you have made my point if I switch to human from all but rakkan I would have weak archers and would take me a month or more to catch up in research. Time that should be spent doing essential research for main troops to not fall behind switching from lich also carries bad research for other races as you mentioned who needs high research in priests and low in archers and horses or mecs. Rakkan and Human are probably the only ones that get close though will likely have low research in samurai. And it makes a difference of a month or much more for a single units research which is a time lost. While heroes abilitie points are more available especially with new patch which will provide players with substantially more stats and xp for non farmville servers.

I haven't spent that much on speed-up and I have three research trees with every combat upgrade unlocked including T11&12. I have invested every single speedup drop from quests and void into research. My spears/miner and siege research isn't phenomenal, but I find the added damage from siege inconsequential for the most part, and I do not use the first unit type on any race. I have been playing for nearly a year, and have been Castle 40 for months, so research balance is not a huge issue for me until they release a new academy level. I agree on newer Servers that might be a problem.

Destination

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:21 pm

I will pass it to the devs.

tonzkie04
Knight
Knight

Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:08 am

Also want to switch race and trade out gafgar

Jamie
Squire
Squire

Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:22 am

Would be a neat idea, also liked how you excluded resetting hero exp as that would be easily abused.

neuro
Baron
Baron

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:10 am

Before there was no information of the heros in the game, you bought them because of their appearance or what other people said. I think it's fair to be able to change heros acquired during that time.

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:22 am

Zer0C001 wrote:

Have to disagree. Leveling race specific heros up to 50 and maxing key stats / ability points is without a doubt the biggest downside to race swapping. It will take weeks or months to replace the wasted stat cards, ability points, and exp spent on now 'useless' heros. As suggested, resetting the stats and ability points is the final key to making race swaps a viable option that isn't an enormous set back.

Keep in mind that the OP and myself play on 17-33 merge where basically every player is 40 with highly optimized research and many maxed out heros.