neuro
Baron
Baron

Re: Defenses

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:21 am

On my server, level 40 defenses are easily destroyed. It does not matter if you are lich, dwarf, human or rankan. The heroes of payment have a lot of power and nobody can defend themselves from a full army of gold. This game is already garbage.

BoKnows
Squire
Squire

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:51 am

I've seen some players leave bases very low level with small garrisons in newish server 1107. Most of the server was dwarf so walls would be destroyed before anyone could plunder alot. Early game, Jacques + bronze beats any wall and later on, human can crack any defense with no loses so it doesn't make that much sense to invest in it at all. Maybe it becomes more important in the merged servers where people are pushing to capture cities but im not seeing much of that following the migration changes.

Zer0C001
Knight
Knight

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:15 pm

Clearly you have not seen high research and lvl mec and tank garrison. On our merged server one of the whales(human) with near maxed research and super high lvl heroes can't do shit against another dwarf whale with super high lvl research mecs and tanks. Full gold siege swords and what not barely manages to kill one or two mecs. He keeps trying but can't even scratch the dwarf player. Problem with most dwarf players is they focus on snipers which swords counter but tanks wreck sword formations.

sunbow
Baron
Baron

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:30 pm

playing on a merged server as well and trust me, defenses are pointless endgame.
if there is a very strong dwarf player, you can just gather some players and bronze the wall.
every mech or tank just dies for good, so there is close to no way to keep it up.

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:08 pm

Defenses are useful because lower players will have hard time to break the wall yet.
High whales don't meet such a problem, but it doesn't mean that you need to give up and leave bronze troops on the wall.
That is just a good example that any offense is eventually > than defense.

And THIS IS the way it should be.
Server 94
Void - 120, Abyss 495
House: Icarum, Gods of War

Rajjeq
Knight
Knight

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:44 pm

Maybe the best defense now is to not upgrade your wall at all and put no troops on it. Then the auto-shield will protect you.

Behindtheed
Knight
Knight

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:53 pm

Zer0C001 wrote:
Clearly you have not seen high research and lvl mec and tank garrison. On our merged server one of the whales(human) with near maxed research and super high lvl heroes can't do shit against another dwarf whale with super high lvl research mecs and tanks. Full gold siege swords and what not barely manages to kill one or two mecs. He keeps trying but can't even scratch the dwarf player. Problem with most dwarf players is they focus on snipers which swords counter but tanks wreck sword formations.

I've seen it. On tundra, 500+ dwarf research, human not bothering to use virion resurrect, and using silvers. What you witness are idiots who don't know how to make a formation, or people with bad hero levels I would guess.

Image Image

70k~ dwarf losses to 3k~ human losses (most preventable through competence).

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:38 am

That's why it is stupid to put no-injury troops into the wall.
Epic fail.
Server 94
Void - 120, Abyss 495

Behindtheed
Knight
Knight

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:51 pm

PrinceCharming wrote:
That's why it is stupid to put no-injury troops into the wall.
Epic fail.

I don't think you understand how the game has worked for most of its existence. There is no injurable unit that can be built with mithril. Until very recently, you couldn't switch races to build with different resources - and even now, the switch is too time consuming to be worth it for a productive member of a kingdom.

Dwarves have 7+ months of accumulated destructible units in their garrison, which are now useless with the power of heroes. Weather you want to pretend otherwise or not.

"It's totally balanced! Disband your entire garrison for partial refunds, then produce out of 2 structures at a rate of 1 squad per day for 16 months, then switch races and repeat for another 16 months (while hiding in capital), then you have a garrison that is easier to kill than a humans!"

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:47 pm

I am gonna be a little rude, sorry in advance :)
I don't think YOU understand how the game works.

1. "There is no injurable unit that can be built with mithril"
What do you mean? If you mean that DWARFS have no such unit, then thanks for the enlightenment.
I am playing dwarfs since August last year, and didn't now that :D

2. Let me explain how it actually works now for Dwarf race, so others can take some good advice and avoid the wrong way.
We are talking about garrison now, and what is the best way to build it.

If you put no-injury troops on your wall - they will eventually become a honor food for a bigger player. It is even more attractive to attack such garrison, because in the end-game most players are honor hunters, they don't need basic or rare resources so far. I don't, for example.
It is better to build a dwarf garrison with gold engineers + gold snipers (deadeyes), because gold engineers are tough enough to hold the enemy army long enough until deadeyes spend all ammo.
Plus, the biggest advantage is that they can be healed in a hospital.
You spend crystals + blood diamonds.
You are left with unspent mithrill - but if you PVP and siege a lot - you will need some stock of mithrill to replenish lost mechs (silver or gold).

You shouldn't put gold/silver mechs in your garrison because some of them can be killed even with bronze+Jac (especially high level hero and troops). And almost all of them will be dead if you are attacked with gold army.
I don't even mention gold tanks in garrison, because this is the most ridiculous way to spend blood diamonds.

Most people think that they have to use silver/gold mechs because they are more tanky.
And they are, I agree. However, you don't need their "tankyness" because your main DPS on the wall has ammo limit. And it is wasted almost equally with gold engineers start to die. But mechs hold little longer - however there is no sense because DPS loses its impact wit no ammo.

You don't need to put gold bombardiers on your wall, because they are useless without Fire Off ability.
Silver troops are useless on any garrison.

Many people combine their castles and defend each other, so human tanks, that can be healed, are back-defended with gold snipers. Or any other combo. Rakkans have a huge buff if they defend someone.

Currently garrison automatic layouts are mess and chaos, and we can't operate our troops on the wall and on the ground, we can't make formations that can be strongest and make some good damage to the enemy army.

So to sum up all the above said:
Don't make the mistake and use only none-mech units on your walls.
If you put mechs or tanks there - it is your fault and dwarf players should not cry. At least they should regret about being stupid.

High level players don't care about you wall at all.
So don't waste your mithrill.
Any offense is always > defense in the end.
So logically it is better to go for healing troops instead of making new and use thousands of rare resource - just to be destroyed once again.

I really hope that people will take this into consideration :)

P.S. You can no agree with me, but the truth will not suffer or change from that.
Server 94
Void - 120, Abyss 495