xLiquidsnake
Knight
Knight

Defenses

Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:11 am

Is there any point in having defenses in this game anymore? It seems like only lich defenses with resseruction troops are worth something. The rest of the defences get destroyed without any losses at all. I have seen maxed researched Lvl 13 Golds get wiped no losses. Are we really gonna sit quietly and watch this game get worse and worse till everyone quits?.

The new skills upgrades in heroes have only made this problem worse. How long will we have to wait till something is done? If you have access to VIP chat you should honestly be complaining. It is bad enough that defense's can get cheesed with bronze attacks to avoid the first two or three intial waves but now people can just straight up destroy garrisons with no losses getting absurd now.
Last edited by xLiquidsnake on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HomerSimpson
Knight
Knight

Re: Defenses

Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:50 am

xLiquidsnake wrote:
If you have access to VIP chat you should honestly be complaining.

While I agree with you, the changes made to heroes benefited the short-term interest of people with access to VIP chat the most, so I wouldn't hold my breathe while looking for help from them. Yes, I know it is in their long-term interest for the game to have as large of a player base as possible and these hero changes, left unchecked, will likely prevent that from happening. Unfortunately, in the world we live in, short-term interest trumps long-term interest almost every time ... by a comical margin.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:04 pm

Yep. Its exactly those 50 years old no life vips who requested all this crap. I still remember them crying "i spent 2 thousand and can't become prince" , "i spent all my money to capture city but some kid sniped it". They were literaly crying rivers ingame and to vip chat before capture mechanics changed to guarantee them virtual village...
Everyone whos not in Vip chat is just sitting duck right now...
"Slice the duck breasts thickly and toss with the grated garlic, ginger, five-spice powder and a little salt and pepper. ... Add a little more oil to the pan and tip in the chilli and pak choi. Stir-fry for a minute, then pour in the sauce mixture."

Bhaphomet
Baron
Baron

Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:00 pm

Chillblaze wrote:
"Slice the duck breasts thickly and toss with the grated garlic, ginger, five-spice powder and a little salt and pepper. ... Add a little more oil to the pan and tip in the chilli and pak choi. Stir-fry for a minute, then pour in the sauce mixture."

Args, that made me hungry now ... sounds delicious ...

Xcaliboor
Knight
Knight

Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:43 pm

I do not understand why all this complaining? Goal of every player is to be able to attack without loosing any army. Without the chance to attack without looses, there is no fighting. You don't lose any army defending anyway. Game is very defense oriented.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:31 pm

Xcaliboor wrote:
I do not understand why all this complaining? Goal of every player is to be able to attack without loosing any army. Without the chance to attack without looses, there is no fighting. You don't lose any army defending anyway. Game is very defense oriented.

Good defense is built and researched over time and maxing it takes ~ 6-8 months . Goal is to cause some casualties for the attacker so he has to choose target that will repay those casualties.
Various heroes and troops imbalances allow good defenses harvested for long periods of time to be wrecked for no cost at all.
Your last statement clearly shows that you are playing human and very new to this game.
Otherwise I agree that it shouldn't be too hard to attack but you will soon find out that such "no loss" attacks aren't available to everyone ;)

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:50 pm

Xcaliboor wrote:

What you fail to perceive is that the recent hero changes only buffed attackers in every way. Every single hero buff now has an additional level available, and vega has an even longer heal. We are already at a point where human whales with the right unit comp can just slog down any wall with almost no losses, soon to actually be no losses. The game can't exist in a state where walls are just an inconvenience. There needs to be a major cost associated with breaking a city open for capture.

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:48 pm

Garrison is kinda pointless at the moment, indeed, to the point that there's no challenge anymore. I can walk on pretty much any t13 wall, leave with 0 loses and do +- 80k wall damage per attack, no matter the research the person got. Humans are the easiest ones followed by Rakan, Dwarf and then Lich, but you can just purge lich anyway. So, if you thought your 900k wall full of gold means something... It's really that easy.

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:27 am

Hiems wrote:
Garrison is kinda pointless at the moment, indeed, to the point that there's no challenge anymore. I can walk on pretty much any t13 wall, leave with 0 loses and do +- 80k wall damage per attack, no matter the research the person got. Humans are the easiest ones followed by Rakan, Dwarf and then Lich, but you can just purge lich anyway. So, if you thought your 900k wall full of gold means something... It's really that easy.

End game stage anyway comes to offense more than defense, and this is logically right.

Defense makes sense in early and mid game, after that you should come out of the darkness and go conquer the world ;D
Server 94
Void - 120, Abyss 495
House: Icarum, Gods of War

Asylan
Squire
Squire

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:18 am

I am in one the newest ream, and we base our attack's on the amount of troop's in the garrison LuL Never mind all of this.

I still have alot to learn.
It's a game, but take it seriously! Else don't mess up somebody else's fun.