Behindtheed
Knight
Knight

Re: Dwarves are in a bad spot (truly, this time)

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:19 pm

BoKnows wrote:
Dude, I am trying to give you some advice. You're sub 1mm power after playing more than twice as long as me and that's pretty sad... no hope of being gov of even a small city and just glad you don't have to live in capital... research power goes up more as time required goes up so you could either rush them to win research challenges or just collect lvls and not advance them unless an event is going on, pretty clear you don't understand how research works or why other players are sitting with power numbers so much higher than you. I also have a f2p account on merged server 86-97 where I too was irrelevant and that's why I suggest you try starting over and playing amongst the leaders, battling for cities and helping new players. It's a different game and more entertaining, but one where a mech based defense is not maintainable.

I have no idea where you got any of this apparent information about me from. Fortunately none of it is close to being correct. More extrapolations?

BoKnows
Squire
Squire

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:22 am

You're not bigmac3d? I thought you posted that to show us how advanced you were but if not, please feel free to correct me and show us where you rank. I use the same name on 1107 so anyone can look me up.

Behindtheed
Knight
Knight

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:49 am

BoKnows wrote:
You're not bigmac3d? I thought you posted that to show us how advanced you were but if not, please feel free to correct me and show us where you rank. I use the same name on 1107 so anyone can look me up.

I don't think I've ever seen cognitive bias invent such vivid imaginings. It has been a real joy reading your posts, thanks for the laughs.

BoKnows
Squire
Squire

Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:52 am

So you are bigmac3d lol! If you not a gov, it is a different game and you prob spent all ur mithril building up a garrison that's gone now. Know your place and keep your rss low so you're not worth attacking. Tried to explain how this game is played by dukes and princes but you happy being a scrub so each his own. Btw I'll hit 1.5mm before you and will bet u 1000 usd that I do if you are TINYmac3d

Revistabr
Squire
Squire

Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:56 pm

They should rework the mech permanent loss mechanism.

I mean.. the core idea should be ... Dwarves plunder a lot of resources.. they should lose a big deal of resources..

Flaw is .. we can't rebuild as fast as we lose. In a single attack, we can lose up to 12 golden mechs... thats WEEKS of pure unit queue...

That means that you will not be able to duel too much with mechs... or will will take a week to create a new one to replenish..

That's the core problem of all this.

It's stupid to say "Oh, if you don't like, swap."

I like playing dwarves.. I don't want them to be the BEST race... just.. balanced with the others.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:10 am

20% percent salvage looks like decent solution instead of Brutal efficiency in Tier 8 academy (well its kind of the same thing but more on the defensive side).
This will need extra coding so salvage goes to inventory.
Then lich players can get the same for acolytes... Voting pool must be added in first post.
If you guys want results next 50 posts should be short and to the point. Example:

"I want 20% percent "Salvage" research for mech in garrison instead of "Brutal efficiency" in Tier 8 academy."

Bobby
Baron
Baron

Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:05 am

They need to reduce mech power if they want to add something like that

Lolix
Squire
Squire

Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:38 am

Mechs melt like snow, they are by a long shot not the best tank units at the moment. What would you want to nerf exactly? Because they die very easily and there is no injury or resource recovery. Scorpions die as well but the spiders behind them generate infinite tanks and you only have to rebuild 1-2 per pack while mechs have to be rebuilt 5 at a time.

Zer0C001
Knight
Knight

Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:51 am

Your joking right? What are you compairing to swordsmen or cavalry or samurai? Mecs are insanaely strong gold mecs are the most overpowered units also to adress mec losses. Costing a lot. What about gold mec front with 1 or 2 to no losses easily breaking top tier garrison and insane in pvp? If your mecs die a lot your research is bad. Let mecs get salvage or wtv but they need nerf same with bombers and turtle or at least dont make turtle buff effect bombers cause gold mec + bomber + turtle is completely broken right now.

Lolix
Squire
Squire

Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:16 pm

I would agree if I saw dozens of players using a full gold mech frontline. Truth is I dOn't loan 20 gold mechs and 99% of players don't either. What is predominantly used is silver mechs which is why I compared them to scorpions. There are a few players I have seen using gold mechs and indeed they don't die. However probably 95% of duels and sieges I have seen carried out by dwarves feature loaned gold swordsmen and not mechs. I am talking about mechs used in a dwarf formation without huge loaning taken into consideration. There is no point in arguing that a unit is good if fielding it demands attacking with 220 gold cap. I doubt an attack with a full gold frontline and silvers only in the back would get very far. Dwarves are forced into using blasters leaving little space for mechs in the front similarly to how lich uses predominantly gold spiders.

If you really want to enter a discussion that takes into account loaning 100+ worth of gold cap every time then why bother with any changes at all? Fact is that swords that are getting a nerf through virion and not mechs because swords is what is used almost exclusively and not mechs.

I do realise we are talking about two slightly different aspects of the game though. Yours applying to a very limited amount of players that are able to do so through an unlimited amount of loaning. Why not allow the salvage/injury mechanic to apply to bronze and silver then? That way semi independent players can still field a decent front line and players who loan heavily remain untouched.