Kaz
Squire
Squire

Change race and converting troops questions

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:44 pm

Hello all,

Following the last developers diary [http://forum.lilithgame.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=15100], i have a few question regarding changing race + converting troops.

1. I understood that the only thing that required for changing race is 6k Honor points - Is this correct?

2. How this is synchronized with the previous Research progress I had? is it by the troops order?
For example: Priests research for human equals to Spiders research on Lich?

3. How the troops converting actually works?
again i can give an example of Priests & Spiders - Each 8 priests (legion) = 1 Spider, but what if i have 6 Priests?

It will be great to get some questions, as i already decided to change a race while this patch is going to implement, but it requires a better troops training and planning ahead for next race.

Thanks a lot!

Destination

Re: Change race and converting troops questions

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:44 pm

1. yes
2. yes
3. it depends on the troop cost. If 1 spider is 1000 crystal, and one priest is 100 crystal that means that you get 10 priests for 1 spider, or the other way around. you can only trade these if you have enough priests. so trading 9 doesnt work.

KUBINEC
Knight
Knight

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:52 pm

when this will be added into the game?

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:56 am

KUBINEC wrote:

We can't confirm a date for now. :)

Kaz
Squire
Squire

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:23 am

Thanks a lot guys!

noobone
Squire
Squire

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:15 pm

I hope lich gets SOME BONUS at least to make it less expensive for them to change race. It's basically necessary to finish the void for example.
And for the other races it isnt....

On top of that i get that you wont be able to convert free skeletons to troops of a different race but that is a big cost for lich. Like for example if you need to make 2-3 groups of gold crossbows (lol). And after that convert it back to warlocks (that are worth nothing). I request some kind of advantage for lich with the convert patch!

Esquire
Knight
Knight

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Destination wrote:
1. yes
2. yes
3. it depends on the troop cost. If 1 spider is 1000 crystal, and one priest is 100 crystal that means that you get 10 priests for 1 spider, or the other way around. you can only trade these if you have enough priests. so trading 9 doesnt work.

Any idea how this works for units that exceed the cost of the unit, i.e. dragon turtles? So if 1 spider is 1000 crystal, and 1 turtle is 3000, I would assume you would need 3 spiders to convert? But what if 1 spider is 1200 crystal, and one turtle is 3000, what is done with the 600 excess?

Destination

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Esquire wrote:
Destination wrote:
1. yes
2. yes

Any idea how this works for units that exceed the cost of the unit, i.e. dragon turtles? So if 1 spider is 1000 crystal, and 1 turtle is 3000, I would assume you would need 3 spiders to convert? But what if 1 spider is 1200 crystal, and one turtle is 3000, what is done with the 600 excess?

I am not sure, but i think you will probably just lose it.

Bhaphomet
Baron
Baron

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:51 pm

hengli wrote:
KUBINEC wrote:

and cant answer the initial question on top it seems ...

... also: as mentioned lichs are in a pretty high disadvantage for race switch, as we cant transform skellies and warlocks into other races (even if we got them the normal way and not by resurrecting) - that means we cant convert 2 types of units and have to build them with ressources after race switch ... seems not well thought out

so id say back to the drawing board and find a solution before releasing more halfassed stuff ...

Esquire
Knight
Knight

Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Bhaphomet wrote:
hengli wrote:
KUBINEC wrote:

and cant answer the initial question on top it seems ...

... also: as mentioned lichs are in a pretty high disadvantage for race switch, as we cant transform skellies and warlocks into other races (even if we got them the normal way and not by resurrecting) - that means we cant convert 2 types of units and have to build them with ressources after race switch ... seems not well thought out

so id say back to the drawing board and find a solution before releasing more halfassed stuff ...

I agree that they make it difficult to switch to and from Lich. I'm not sure why they can't attach a tag to a unit that was created verse resurrected, but I guess it gets into partial stacks and other issues. I am not sure how they solve this, Lich has the ability to basically free farm rank XIII golds during these brew/mech style events, so obviously that would be imbalanced to allow them to then convert to another racial type, which could then be disbanded for free RSS. All I can think of is they convert, but they cannot be refunded, but even that could be considered imbalanced if you can build a wall of 200 spears/archers for free by farming an event and then converting.

I've been considering long and hard about switching back to Lich if they do the conversion, but it certainly is a deterrent that if I convert my skeleton class humanoids they will then become non-refundable non-convertible. So my other option is to not convert them, but then I have a weaker wall. It would be nice to see Lilith get creative with how to balance the advantage Lich has to resurrect units, without giving them and anyone considering a switch a significant penalty.