Sargon
Baron
Baron

Attackers Log Nerfed

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:56 pm

But not really. Lilith patch notes show that they will reduce the revenge log down to 3 days from 7 days. I will concede that at least they clearly took the 500 threads flaming this change sort of seriously, however, 3 days is still 2 days 23 hours and 50 minutes too many. On the 17-33 merge server, attackers are completely obliterated within minutes of a revenge share in our revenge chat room, so this is virtually no difference between 3 and 7 days. If you attack yellow, you will be cleaned up as soon as the log is shared...

The only way that i see this change actually being remotely acceptable is if the log only lasted for around 10 minutes, allowing immediate retaliation to real time battles and sieges. Otherwise, they might as well just remove this change entirely, unless they are actually trying to push this game to be a pve game. This change definitely accomplishes exactly that.

sunbow
Baron
Baron

Re: Attackers Log Nerfed

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:29 pm

I personally think the 7 days were fine. Reducing it to 3 has almost no effect.

The real issue here is: there should be a cap on how often you can get hit back.

For a revenge-feature, getting 5 hits back seems fine, if you get up to 10 hits back, it is quite likely that your wall might break, but NO LIMIT at all for a revenge feature just means, you can get 100 hits back (or at least any amount it takes to break the wall). Combined with the issue that you can hit one wall in parallel (also with as many players as you like) to get an undefended wall at least for some attackers this is just insane.

long story short: 3 or 7 days are both fine, but please set ANY limit on total revenge hits.

DeLoungville
Knight
Knight

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:48 pm

No this entire feature has to be removed immediately. It's absolutely toxic for the design of this game. Only a developer who doesn't really play the game itself would implement something like this. Guerilla tactics must be viable. I play on dominant kingdoms on all of my servers, the response to this isn't good. Nothing is happening anymore, almost nobody is talking since the update, because besides talking about god and the world there isn't anything to strategically talk anymore. Nobody can get attacked at all, or he will be cleaned out in seconds. Nobody can rob your wagons anymore, no excitement left at all.
Sure people were pissed off when some guy killed one of our cities again and you can't hit him back for it, because he's sitting in the capital...but it was still something to play for, something was happening, and people were logging in for something. Might be to catch some guy who was jumping into a city for a few attack or for void, or whatever, but that isn't happening anymore at all obviously.

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:54 pm

It is completely baffling that they are still keeping this feature, it makes the game unplayable if you aren't in the obvious strongest and now untouchable kingdom.

Corri
Squire
Squire

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:58 pm

Agreed that three days of Nore wide revenge is to much. Even people from other colors can revenge for others. I hope they go back to the old system of house revenge. That was fair and reasonable. Even 24 hours of revenge is a very long time requiring shielding vs a dominant house.

Quantum
Baron
Baron

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:12 pm

Most important in my opinion is that they disable the sharing option. It'd be way less impactful with that option gone. I'm focussing my reaction to it on that. Also: Keep complaining about this as this absolutely remains game breaking.

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:45 pm

I agree with Sunbow, I think a cap on how many attacks a person can receive until the button turns grey would solve the issue and make the new feature much better, or at least acceptable. If you get your troops and wall destroied before the cap ends, at least you can't get locked for 7 (or 3 now) days without being able to answer those attacks at all.

Could be for example 3 counterattacks for each attack the person did, since it even shows how many times the person attacked it's not that hard to implement the cap. Bring it back to 7 days because as mentioned before, makes no difference being 7 or 3.
Last edited by Hiems on Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quantum
Baron
Baron

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:48 pm

Limiting the number of hits is probably too prone to cheating. You could get an alt to hit you until the limit is hit, making it impossible to revenge. I don't think it would be viable. In that sense the revenge feature is hard to get right.

Anyway, disable sharing is most important in my opinion.

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:49 pm

Quantum wrote:
Limiting the number of hits is probably too prone to cheating. You could get an alt to hit you until the limit is hit, making it impossible to revenge. I don't think it would be viable. In that sense the revenge feature is hard to get right.

Anyway, disable sharing is most important in my opinion.

That's true but how many alts you got that can reach the power to attack your castle? I can see it when you have 0 wall and somehow manage to get borrows for it, but...

Quantum
Baron
Baron

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:56 pm

Sadly on my server there are dozens of alts with castle levels between 20 and 30. Probably alot of those are players that quit the game and allowed someone else to take over (or sold their accounts, we have a few of the top 20 players that did that). And some of those are actually just built by scratch (sometimes for sieging, sometimes for a rakan turtle). It's probably not too hard to just log in 1-2x per day and queue the next building / research. For things like this you always have to think of how people will abuse it. That is not Lillith's strongest thing.