Sargon
Baron
Baron

Do any of the devs actually play their own game?

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:04 pm

All evidence suggests that they don't. Seemingly zero insight into how their thoughtless changes affect the actual game. Such a shame to see a good game 'in concept' rot away.

Vriana
Knight
Knight

Re: Do any of the devs actually play their own game?

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:19 pm

Apparently not. No point playing anymore for most people. I definitely would not recommend anyone spending anything on this game because even before this change I realised the mechanics of how it works are a no win situation.save you money and spend it somewhere else if you must buy really this game is the most aweful I have played in 25 years.

LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:47 pm

I disagree. this game feels like it’s ramping up to become a very elebrate game of Risk. I do love a game of Risk! instead of taking hours to play, it takes months.
LightStorm

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:19 am

LightStorm wrote:
I disagree. this game feels like it’s ramping up to become a very elebrate game of Risk. I do love a game of Risk! instead of taking hours to play, it takes months.

It makes sense that you would like one of the least strategic and uninteresting boardgames ever made.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:38 am

Kryton13 wrote:
LightStorm wrote:

It makes sense that you would like one of the least strategic and uninteresting boardgames ever made.

Considering the game of risk has been around for 60+ years and has being inducted into several Hall of Fame rankings... it would seem the world disagree's with you on that one.
LightStorm

Sopoke
Squire
Squire

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:51 am

This game is trying to become more boring than clash of clans.

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:41 am

LightStorm wrote:
Kryton13 wrote:
LightStorm wrote:

Considering the game of risk has been around for 60+ years and has being inducted into several Hall of Fame rankings... it would seem the world disagree's with you on that one.

Did you also sniff in your own fart while making that first comment? I agree with Kryton. but its cool that you want to come in here and virtue signal about the excellence of AOC. It's pretty obvious that you have not actually played the game at a high level, as there is almost no strategy in this game, especially on a macro (map) scale. You abuse broken mechanics to take things that you want, or just lose to the same broken mechanics since you picked the wrong color.

LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:46 am

Sargon wrote:
LightStorm wrote:
Kryton13 wrote:

Did you also sniff in your own fart while making that first comment? I agree with Kryton. but its cool that you want to come in here and virtue signal about the excellence of AOC. It's pretty obvious that you have not actually played the game at a high level, as there is almost no strategy in this game, especially on a macro (map) scale. You abuse broken mechanics to take things that you want, or just lose to the same broken mechanics since you picked the wrong color.

Currently level 35 950+K Rating

Our server is won, waiting for the merger to come around. I personally play this game from the diplomatic angel. After gathering up clan leaders from surrounding servers, I'm confident our banner will wash over a merger. I'm more interested in figuring out how to prolong the PVP nature of the game from a player controlled direction. We have looked at the map together and began to figure out where it can be divided between 60 cities per-side allowing both side free rain to balance the other. We are discussing having strongest houses switch sides in the event one kingdom begins to dominate over the other with player controlled agreements on both sides to keep the city count at 50/50.

If your interested in joining us, I expect to see our merger to be in the servers 50-70 range.
LightStorm

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:27 pm

LightStorm wrote:
Sargon wrote:
LightStorm wrote:

Our server is won, waiting for the merger to come around. I personally play this game from the diplomatic angel. After gathering up clan leaders from surrounding servers, I'm confident our banner will wash over a merger. I'm more interested in figuring out how to prolong the PVP nature of the game from a player controlled direction. We have looked at the map together and began to figure out where it can be divided between 60 cities per-side allowing both side free rain to balance the other. We are discussing having strongest houses switch sides in the event one kingdom begins to dominate over the other with player controlled agreements on both sides to keep the city count at 50/50.

If your interested in joining us, I expect to see our merger to be in the servers 50-70 range.

Right so you're not with me in the 17-33 merger group where you would have to hide in the capital at level 35 while the main waves of players that have kept up since the servers opened are now reaching 40 (myself included). Coming from a server with hundreds of players, each of which would likely be the most powerful player on your server, i can assure you that there are serious issues with this game. The most meaningful strategy is not falling behind and leveling the right heros. The most powerful (well researched and funded) players can break down massive rank 13 gold walls with ease due to exploitative strategies such as bronze + jaques elena, or spending tons of money to instantly heal your army (cough) to break through to that fat loot. The only diplomacy left if that we (yellow) the winning side, do not want blue (the dead side) to quit. Hang tight for your merge and you will see what happens when there are hundreds of high level players all get squashed on to one map. It is a cheese fest, and most likely one faction will just roll over everybody based on how the merged servers stack together.

Corri
Squire
Squire

Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:48 pm

LightStorm wrote:
Sargon wrote:
LightStorm wrote:

You are bad if you are castle level 35 and on server 50-70. You are going to get crushed hard at server merge. Diplomacy only works if you are the strongest kingdom.