Esquire
Knight
Knight

This Mostly Terrible Update Warrants Another Post

Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:35 pm

Normally I would just post a comment onto an existing thread, but the ineptitude of this update warrants its own. I don't even need to launch into why the new revenge attack mechanic is such a terrible idea as it has been stated multiple times by others. You get 2100 linari instead of 1-200, so I guess Lilith is happy. Sadly, and I have been playing since near the start, I have lost almost all faith in Lilith and their ability to manage this game effectively. It is going to die and people are going to quit and it was all preventable if you had only listened to your player base. Universities should use this as a case study of what not to do to create balance within a game environment. I'll make sure my review of the game reflects this too, as my frustration extends beyond just this update, this update simply serves as the last straw.

The cart robbing update can be argued both ways. I personally think cart robbing adds a level of conflict that otherwise would not exist, especially on servers where people have no opportunity to control a city, i.e. dead servers where one color won. But now they have nothing except the void. You basically just guaranteed any players not on the winning side are going to quit.

Void change is good of course.

Destination

Re: This Mostly Terrible Update Warrants Another Post

Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:05 pm

we had literally 10 posts about this already so i would like everyone to go to the biggest existing post.
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=15011

Esquire
Knight
Knight

Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:13 pm

Destination wrote:
we had literally 10 posts about this already so i would like everyone to go to the biggest existing post.

I understand there is a mega thread, and I'm choosing to make my own post because I feel it is warranted. Read the title and the first sentence. I hope we get 100 posts about it so Lilith can see just how upset people are, not just a mega thread discussion.

Corri
Squire
Squire

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:05 pm

Yes it does warrant another post. Retroactive seven day revenge with no warning is beyond ridiculous.

Destination

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:25 pm

Esquire wrote:
Destination wrote:

I understand there is a mega thread, and I'm choosing to make my own post because I feel it is warranted. Read the title and the first sentence. I hope we get 100 posts about it so Lilith can see just how upset people are, not just a mega thread discussion.

I read it. i did not want people to read your post and comment here, thats why i linked the big post.

Esquire
Knight
Knight

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:33 pm

Destination wrote:
Esquire wrote:
Destination wrote:

I read it. i did not want people to read your post and comment here, thats why i linked the big post.

I know why you linked your post, and I don't really care what you want to be frank. I wanted to express my displeasure outside of the mega thread, so I did.

Lichplayer
Squire
Squire

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:48 pm

or, we can use the mega thread to explain displease about the update, and this thread to explain the displease regarding the so-called "fix", which doesn't address the problem the update creates.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:57 pm

I enjoyed your post and its less crowded.
I bet Lord D. got all his caravans robbed while drinking his morning coffee... After struggling for half an hour to revenge the mighty robber bot with his developer account he decided to add this patch.

SirCodalot
Squire
Squire

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:33 pm

LOL yeah that must be how they got the idea. Oh and it was probably the morning of January the 1st after a long night...

Dazed
Baron
Baron

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:49 pm

its pretty obvious with the theme of the updates for several months now this is a farmville bubble simulator .. loot bubbles ? week long revenges ? warehouse buffs , etc etc... they punish u for attacking in a war game hence why this is farmville bubble simulator .. they asked months ago for moderators and have yet to appoint any .. china getting all the free patron stuff , complete imbalance with many core game mechanics, and we get protection after protection when the real issues are not even being discussed ... community feedbak is the most important thing and yet they only listen to the kids crying bout their protection , sad very sad...
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.