Bozarius
Squire
Squire

How does honor work??

Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:41 am

Maybe it is someplace, but i cannot find it.

The whole honor system for me is very strange, and very unlogic.

Example, i am on a new server. lvl24 castle, some enemy comes in my territory, lvl27. I duel him.
So he spawns a full lvl9 bronze army, some overpowered bought heroes. The works.

The only way i can defeat, is putting down my gold, silver, heroes. to ballance the difference in power, level and heroes.
Which, for the most past works.

But, i receive 100-200 honor.

Then some total newbie comes by, lvl14 castle. I duel him also. he looks in my city. He accepts. and puts down his very weak silver army, standard 4 heroes. 1 gold maybe. This is really no contest, no challenge. i blow him away.

But i do get 1200 honor or something like that.
So how can it be, that winning a very challenging and taxing battle, receives so little exp. While a no brain duel with a small person. Yields so much.

For me makes no sense

MaxBT
Baron
Baron

Re: How does honor work??

Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:26 am

Sound like honor count by the value of silver and gold drop on battlefield.

Destination

Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:25 am

you get way more honor for killing gold/silver troops than for bronze.
And you get a lot of honor for KILLING troops, not for putting them in hospital.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:36 pm

It doesn't make sense because you are looking for proper gaming mechanics in a credit card application 8-)
Last edited by Chillblaze on Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeepio
Squire
Squire

Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:00 pm

Now that the Honor Event has started, you probably have discovered the answer: big players killing everyone and by winning event getting even bigger... Unfortunately again an event that is unbalanced. But hey: what Chillblaze says

BoKnows
Squire
Squire

Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:53 am

This bothers me too... it's too heavily weighted towards killing premium units so theres no incentive to fight higher level players that only put out bronze troops and heroes. Easy fix for this is just base honor on HP of units & heroes injured/killed and reward players for taking down OP heroes! Right now, the best way to maximize your honor and minimizing your opponents honor is a very cowardly, bullying play style. You can also siege undefended walls and get a good amount of honor without taking risk so that's pretty lame too. Honor should reward risk/bravery no? Encourage strong players to fight each other or at least fight someone closer to their level. Another fix might be to adjust honor by level difference of opponent.

I'd also like to add that these events are a lot of fun and this one would be great if the honor system rewarded actual risk taken.

Destination

Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:57 am

BoKnows wrote:
This bothers me too... it's too heavily weighted towards killing premium units so theres no incentive to fight higher level players that only put out bronze troops and heroes. Easy fix for this is just base honor on HP of units & heroes injured/killed and reward players for taking down OP heroes! Right now, the best way to maximize your honor and minimizing your opponents honor is a very cowardly, bullying play style. You can also siege undefended walls and get a good amount of honor without taking risk so that's pretty lame too. Honor should reward risk/bravery no? Encourage strong players to fight each other or at least fight someone closer to their level. Another fix might be to adjust honor by level difference of opponent.

I'd also like to add that these events are a lot of fun and this one would be great if the honor system rewarded actual risk taken.

Well i am pretty sure killing a Gold unit garrison gives a lot of honor.

BoKnows
Squire
Squire

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:15 am

It totally does but you can attack a castle 2 lvl lower with all bronze and get a ton of honor for killing lower level gold troops so it's easy to do it in a cheesy way. Defending player in this scenario gets almost no honor because attacker only put out bronze and heroes. Let's say the defense repelled the attack at the cost of a few groups of gold troops, defender gets nothing while attacker gets a ton or honor for bullying with heroes.

Jamie
Squire
Squire

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:50 am

You get more honor for killing units and a lot less honor for injuring them. Right now, best way to farm honor is doing wall damage.

Bozarius
Squire
Squire

Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:34 pm

Jamie wrote:
You get more honor for killing units and a lot less honor for injuring them. Right now, best way to farm honor is doing wall damage.

This is true...

And also the bottom line. Honor should be risk / reward. Right now it is not the case. And it makes yet again. The game unballanced.