LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Re: Power Event - Fail

Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:03 pm

There is already an in game rating system for power. We really don't need more power game. Create games based on how active players are. that can be done easily enough with an energy competition. As for the above posters, games that aren't fair are simply that. One person taking the time to read the rules, and prep an exploit for those rules is the opposite of fair play. Much like joining a first person shooter where everyone starts with a knife... only one guy figured out how to start before everyone else and ran around pre-picking up all the guns. Then tells them, they should have figured out how to do the same in order to compete.
LightStorm

Quantum
Baron
Baron

Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:17 pm

Honestly I think luck determining the winner is even worse then that. At least figuring out the rules takes some skill. Just happening to have your troops / garrison in hospital giving you a huge advantage which takes no effort whatsoever (unless you purposefully put them in the hospital of course).

Anyway, I think we all agree the current event is not fair ;-).

Dazed
Baron
Baron

Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:22 pm

imo this was an event to encourage ppl to boost power not artificially lower power then remax to old power lvl resulting in free 100k+ gains .. real power increase would be buying troops or heros etc .. adding to garrison .. its a shame ...another poorly thought out and yet implemented idea that the community bears the brunt of and just adds to the overall frustration many are already experiencing ...immune to plunder ? , merges ? some actual balance ? .. they appear to have their hands full just keeping the chat working so i wouldnt hold ya breath for updates that benefit/nerf the community as a whole...
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

Mithica
Baron
Baron

Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:29 pm

Don’t you guys think that the players who prepared for the event deserve some props? Yes they cheesed the shit out of it, but at the end of the day they spend the effort to prepare for the event... bigger players do have an advantage, I agree... Eventhough I wasn’t prepared for the event I still manage to stay in the top 10 so far...
░░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
░◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

MaxBT
Baron
Baron

Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:11 pm

Some try to use the word "prepare" to cover the fact "exploit/cheat".
Let say we have a foot race, some people prepare like tomorrow will have a rain, so they wear boots to run faster, it's fine, good prepare. A few guys prepare ... a helicopter to take them directly to the destination. Basically there is no foot race, when some people don't run by foot, there will have no foot race anymore, no competition, everything fails.

What is Lilith's purpose to hold a powerfight event ? If they just want to give out some linari, chests ... just give it now, no need to hold a 3 days event, there are no competition, the winners are already at their positions right now, the rest will get some useless chests, some woods, golds, etc.

xLiquidsnake
Knight
Knight

Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:17 pm

Power event should not be announced to give people time to prepare which is the main mistake. Other then that they are just thinking of ideas for limited time challanges and this is one of them. This is there first time so they will obviously learn alot of things this cycle so just relax.

MaxBT
Baron
Baron

Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:38 pm

I could make myself in top 2 or 3 if I try hard (without any preparation - I believed when 1 guy said in this forum it's honor racing), but the feeling like someone already sit 2 miles ahead somehow bother me, at the end of the event I will pick 1 place between 4 - 10, it would be ok, the good thing is the prizes from 4 - 10 are equal.

Wyrdii
Knight
Knight

Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:15 pm

MaxBT wrote:
(without any preparation - I believed when 1 guy said in this forum it's honor racing)

First "challenge" thing on the test server was who could grind the most honor guess they just didn't care enough to actually "test" things anymore and just release stuff on the live server.

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:13 am

I find it extremely weird that Lilith did not foresee this, but this just goes along with all the cheesing in this game. Temporary power decreases like injuries shouldn't have been taken into account. The base for your power increases should have been your personal highest power rating, not that minuscule one you prepared by injuring all your troops right before the event started and feel proud about cheating the system to get a headstart in a race that was supposed to have started evenly.

Bright side is that these are just scoreboards for a prize which is going for heavy spenders anyway (chests for extra units above your cap is probably the biggest way to inflate your score), anyway this is much less harmful than killing servers with Jacques cheese or migrations into farmville.

Croft
Knight
Knight

Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:33 am

iphit wrote:
-1 this sounds like butt hurt , which is understandable some ppl are good at preparing others are not , the patch notes were released for everyone in game , so everyone had the chance to prepare
you still have the individual prizes , so i guess you got that going for you
Now for a constructive opinion , wether this was a good event or not its not up to me since thats a personal opinion , but it was indeed applied properly , if they had given no warning people that were maxed out wouldnt have been able to raise their power and by warning us before the event it rewarded those that decided to make a sacrifice .

As a Dwarf player who did understand the notes before the patch went live, I wasn't able to prepare like other races (injury all my troops prior to the event, disband free undead troops). I would've had to disband them at half cost and remake them. Sure it was my choice not to do that, however Human/Rakaan/Lich had a massive advantage. I disagree to say this is a butt hurt post, he made valid point regarding how the event could've been made balance for all races. But I am sure this event will circle around again with the same issue but I will enjoy it for the new content that it is.