LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Power Event - Fail

Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:30 am

I understand we have a new event the is based on how quickly hero's can rise up in power.

IMO this should have been thought out a lot better. I'm reading on Facebook that those savvy to this events inner workings dropped their troop power down to nadda because they knew how it was going to work. Now, after the update, they are able to log in and just re-build their entire bronze army to take first place pretty easy. Some of us are sitting around pretty much maxed out in every respect with no troops in the hospital. We are inching our ways up while waiting for a server merger to come out way.

Would not a 'Power Spent' event be a little bit more of a fair contest to toss against the masses? This way, a level 1 player doesn't take the contest by landslide win while the server powerhouses are feeling left out.
LightStorm

Maxxy
Squire
Squire

Re: Power Event - Fail

Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:34 am

Yes, a big failure

Sopoke
Squire
Squire

Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:34 am

I agree, it's a disaster that the Lilith game developers and administrators keep finding ways to help the big players.
This event is a good example - dump some troops, get some others injured, and then big players can increase their power much more than anyone else will be able to.

I simply cannot believe you count healed troops as power gained.
The only fair way to run this would be to count from every players all-time-high power.

MaxBT
Baron
Baron

Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:30 am

I think the most failure of this mini game is a few players already know how to play and already prepare for a 'sharp rise', the first time I see the power ranking right after the update I already saw a 60+k sit on top. Epic fail!

Nox
Squire
Squire

Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:41 pm

Agreed, not to mention the fact that the patch is so buggy and online instability means your not in game to progress

iphit
Baron
Baron

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:07 pm

-1 this sounds like butt hurt , which is understandable some ppl are good at preparing others are not , the patch notes were released for everyone in game , so everyone had the chance to prepare
you still have the individual prizes , so i guess you got that going for you
Now for a constructive opinion , wether this was a good event or not its not up to me since thats a personal opinion , but it was indeed applied properly , if they had given no warning people that were maxed out wouldnt have been able to raise their power and by warning us before the event it rewarded those that decided to make a sacrifice .

MaxBT
Baron
Baron

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:14 pm

The one who gain benefit from that surely say good things: it's good, it's a fair play (and I'm the winner), blah blah blah.

I expect a game/competition that everyone can play, not a game/competition that already have the winner before everyone starts. Honor could be a good choice. Or powerfight competition without announcement also good to play, since the power can be tricked like +/- 100k easily.

Bhaphomet
Baron
Baron

Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:07 pm

hehehe, that event has been made on a rush and with no testing/quality checking at all ... but you wont believe: there are people that call abusing game mechanics (putting as many as possible units into hospital, kill off bronze units, kill your superunit and de-equip your heroes) skill ;-) had a good laugh about that one ... yeah thats a real contest ... back to the drawing desk ... complete failure.

so next event lilith use your brains and have a few people with knowledge of the game designing it - or you will lose even more players than with the fooked up server merges ... which were about as shitty as this event.

Quantum
Baron
Baron

Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:27 pm

A power event with no announcement would have been bad as well. Anyone that just happened to have had all their troops in hospital would have had a huge advantage. They should probably just not include any power from healing and building troops (not sure how useful this event is then though).

MaxBT
Baron
Baron

Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:58 pm

That is called 'luck', it's still better than 50 people start a foot race but already see a guy standing 2 miles ahead, have to say: "fk, dismiss, go home".