this server merge is going to end in a mess
looking forward to it
maybe devs wake up after that and come up with something cool ... i doubt it though.
it could be that easy ... just devide players evenly among all kingdoms (deciding factor is power) and all is good.
just need to figure out a decent ruleset for that.
example of a possible ruleset:
- each kingdom gets kingdom power value / kingdom power value = cumulated power of all accounts in that kingdom
- an account that is inactive for 10+ days gets deactivated (it can be reactivated by the player at any time) - deactivated accounts do NOT count towards the power calculation - once the account is reactivated, its power gets factored in again - player might be forced to join a different kingdom then as he can only join the weakest kingdom
- account is inactive 5-10 days: only1/3rd of its power gets factored in
- account is active: full amount of power gets factored in
- new players can only join the kingdom with the lowest amnount of cumulated power
- players can only migrate to the kingdom with the lowest amnount of cumulated power
- give players the option to set themselves to "holidays mode" (might be buyable for linari, lets say 100 linari per week or maybe even ressources) - during holidays mode only 50% of his current power will be factored in - if a player doesnt come back from holiday mode (must be actively be deactivated by the player) that account goes straight to deactivated mode
Yeah the ruleset for a server merge is a bit more complicated, because friends/housemates dont want to be seperated, but in the end server health is more important than that. players can migrate later (same ruleset - only able to migrate to weakest kingdom) - some seperated friends might even decide to reunite in a weaker kingdom.
your algorythm for a server merge could start with houses. start by putting complete houses into kingdoms first (according to the power ruleset) - make it as even as possible, then give all players the option to move to a weaker kingdom for a reward (linari, ressources, items whatever you can come up with) to make an incentive - only keep this incentive active as long as the powerbalance is off. once the powerbalance is about to be even or close to even deactive that feature.
the merged server will balance itself. people could even work out a pact to exchange player x for player y.
Took me 15 mins to write this up ... yeah there might be loopholes to my suggestion (people are inventive when it comes to circumventing rules) but you can adopt later on. This ruleset is better than no ruelset at all though - like now, which led to the complete disbalance in power among the different kingdoms on a server.
P.S.: it might be needed to factor in high powered players more than low powered players, this can be implemented by using a multiplicator. for example: castle lvl 1-10 no multiplicator, castle level 11-20 multiplicator = 1.2, castle level 21-30 multiplicator = 1.6, castle level 31-40 multiplicator = 2.0 - this is just out of my mind now and might not be the best values, but it can be adjusted. this was just to give you an idea.