Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Re: @Devs - List of game breaking imbalances and stupid mechanics

Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:00 pm

Destination wrote:
I can just say it again. Those stats are ADDITIVE.

You say the stats are additive but surly 30% increased damage and 30% increased attack speed work in a way that is multiplicative? I can't see another way for those stats to work. Unless you are saying that these bonuses stack additively with other bonuses e.g. research or hero command skills - that would make sense.

I must admit that right now i am able to beat troops of a whole tier higher then mine (i am at tier 12) if i get a might and command bonus of 30%. It really does make a huge difference.

Of course if you are undead you might want to focus on magic more instead.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

Destination

Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:08 pm

Kryton13 wrote:
Destination wrote:

You say the stats are additive but surly 30% increased damage and 30% increased attack speed work in a way that is multiplicative? I can't see another way for those stats to work. Unless you are saying that these bonuses stack additively with other bonuses e.g. research or hero command skills - that would make sense.

I must admit that right now i am able to beat troops of a whole tier higher then mine (i am at tier 12) if i get a might and command bonus of 30%. It really does make a huge difference.

obviously attackspeed and attackrating are multiplicative.
But research and avalon/elena/etc. does not scale with eachother. All the bonuses you get are always just working on the BASE stats of each unit.
Not saying 30% is not alot. but its not as much as people do get out of the math they do here.

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:52 pm

Kennan wrote:
1) the way we get stat cards FOR FREE atm in void, you cannot blame P2W... and heroes should be a large part of this game. so i think its fine the way it is.
2) i agree that a 1 mill player should not be able to attack a 100k player, except the 1mill players land. if the power req gets alot higher will result in a harder for smaler players to be a part of a farming group on a high lvl player. (and you see ALOT of silver\gold siege at the merged servers)
3) jacq isnt so good for other races then dwarf after tier 10.. please look at more replyed from merged servers. jacq isnt OP at all!
(many reply's with jacq and rose, both do good dmg. but still less then silver troops!)
4,5) the price get higher the more you big the flag off... so its all ready a fix on it. i think its not good, a time debuff is a better way.
6) fair or not fair.. special skill that early server uses. and thx for the reminder...
all in all.. its pretty good as it is right ? you cannot only think of the situation you are in ATM, the game is from lvl 1->40 and. we havent started to whine with lvl 50 heroes jet!

On number 3 the keywords is “after tier 10”
Hes broken from troop lvls 1-10 and 11 is roughly where he can finally be stopped.
So over 3/4ths of your time on a server hes broken and 1/4th hes finally down to earth lol

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:54 pm

Agreed with all of these
But chances of lilith actually changing them is SUPER low
Just get used to it honestly
They hardly care about game breaking things

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:11 pm

We are used to it and there is nothing wrong to talk about it. May be we can come up with solutions for better system.
I can' t confirm any of the math here but it sound right. I recently battled myself with two castles started at the same time (yellow-purple human). Same level of army, formation and research for up to lvl 4 troops. All heroes level 10 with same skill distribution but yellow castle somehow ended with more points. 10% 6.5% 10% 6.5% advantage allowed me to win with 8 pikes and ~12 archers injured. On second try and using spells on both sides there was 18 archers injured by blizzard and 2 pikes. So 25-30% stat advantage will probably cause less than 4 or no injuries at all. And yea I got some free honor in the process of testing :D

FAVSTIANVS
Knight
Knight

Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:31 am

Kennan wrote:
1) the way we get stat cards FOR FREE atm in void, you cannot blame P2W... and heroes should be a large part of this game. so i think its fine the way it is.
2) i agree that a 1 mill player should not be able to attack a 100k player, except the 1mill players land. if the power req gets alot higher will result in a harder for smaler players to be a part of a farming group on a high lvl player. (and you see ALOT of silver\gold siege at the merged servers)
3) jacq isnt so good for other races then dwarf after tier 10.. please look at more replyed from merged servers. jacq isnt OP at all!
(many reply's with jacq and rose, both do good dmg. but still less then silver troops!)
4,5) the price get higher the more you big the flag off... so its all ready a fix on it. i think its not good, a time debuff is a better way.
6) fair or not fair.. special skill that early server uses. and thx for the reminder...
all in all.. its pretty good as it is right ? you cannot only think of the situation you are in ATM, the game is from lvl 1->40 and. we havent started to whine with lvl 50 heroes jet!

Agree.

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:58 am

Destination wrote:
Kryton13 wrote:
Destination wrote:

obviously attackspeed and attackrating are multiplicative.
But research and avalon/elena/etc. does not scale with eachother. All the bonuses you get are always just working on the BASE stats of each unit.
Not saying 30% is not alot. but its not as much as people do get out of the math they do here.

Part of the issue with mathing it out is that we don't actually have the official calculations that are put in place. Most of the people replying to this chat, other than that one guy that has clearly never fought a duel before, know from experience that whatever the numbers do come out to is very significant in the outcome. As lich, I'll occasionally get the perfect timer on higher power human players purely because i sweep the 30 percents.. its silly... I'm just waiting for the day that i get morale boosted over in 5 seconds when i finally meet my match.

Squire

Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:55 pm

If you sell something that is expensive, few people will buy but If you sell cheap or affordable to the masses ,many people will buy. so that's profit for AOC team. I spend a few dollars in this game but this game will die if only the rich can enjoy the game.