Quantum
Baron
Baron

Re: Merged realms 17-33 GAME OVER in 2 Weeks

Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:07 pm

shaunus wrote:
J8512 wrote:
The simple reality is that the game will usually come down to a few factions. This is neither a problem nor something that needs solving.
The reason this happens has more to do with how the game works (particularly resources, where getting zeroed in the mid/late game is game ending because the rate of acquisition of resources without dominant map control is too low).

It is a problem that needs solving because on a lot of servers after awhile people decide: "Hey, let's prepare for the next server merge" and all merge into one big kingdom instead of multiple factions. Or that is used as an excuse to justify migrating away from a weaker kingdom. I agree with you in the sense that it's not as big a problem that people migrate from five to two or three kingdoms.

Basing it on something like the total power of active players will solve this problem mostly. You might still end up with two kingdoms eventually, but 1 big kingdom becomes impossible.

NSBerG's remark that 4x500 is not equal to 3x500 + 1500 is interesting. I don't see that as a big problem as we are not talking about 4 players here, but about hundreds. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if people would move lots of secondary accounts into the weaker kingdom to boost it's power artificially (another reason those should be dealt with more ;)). It would require a way more extreme amount of work for anyone wanting to abuse this system though.

pzapumpin
Knight
Knight

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:28 pm

As I said give incentive insane incentive for the top players to turn against their kingdom and raid their weaker players. It will force people into the capital and the strongest kingdoms will lose cities. Because of the top 100 people I'm guessing 50-100 have 0 chance against 1-25 in terms of defending a city.
Also for this to not be abused you should not be able to ally with this kingdom since there are multiple kings.
And if there is insane incentive to migrate to lowest power kingdom every week it will make things more interesting. No kingdom will ever really hold the whole map. Not many people can resist raiding with 91% injury rate when there are so many noobs on map with rares.

Enable players to power shift they will cause interesting things to happen on the server. In the worst case that no one moves over it will serve as a comeback mechanic for the lowest power kingdom.

Rgieza
Squire
Squire

Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:14 pm

Hi there,

migration made this game dead.

Even for me as a player, who has a "long breath" its over now - there is no way to get fun or respect for fights or even a real challenge.

Facts first - i never migrated anywhere and tried the best as a ~1mio-Player

so here you can read why - and its more for the devs than other players.

Fun
i could decide to migrate to second biggest kingdom and play farmville, because kingdom one and two are allied. Or i stay and couldnt even play farmville - going out costs me healing time and all the other issues mentioned thousand times here in forums.

Respect / Fights
Think about general options above. In my old kingdom (i ever was) there isnt much chatting now or even planned action - nearly no one left active
In another one, i am "one under hundred" migrants and even there are no real fights in it ... playing farmville and talking all day long about nuts isnt why i once started a war game!
But much worser - until my last real day ingame i was in contact with other kingdoms to do this or that and nobody is really interested. one rough player is enough to caught u in a fight - u take it and lost ur troops! if u dont take it u dont play - thats the matter ....

so u have to stay in capital, but then u even get no res for fighing. Another issue ...

Real Challenge
It started good because of forming alliances is very funny and interesting. i believe its one of the most important things to war games. even the alliance of the two biggest houses wasnt the point for me - then it gets more interesting for the others to form one for their own!

With the first real attack all of my kingdom give up at once and migrate. The other kingdoms done the same. This happens between one day and game was over!

So u ended up in deciding to migrate too and play farmville or stay and play nothing lol.

In fact migration was and is the dead of this game. There is no need for any player to think about the future of his kingdom. with migration he could just sit there and wait how it goes. and if not - just switch. the only thing he has to do is to time it right.

besides this its a thing my child could do. (in fact my child played on my old server all the farmville stuff lol)

Deactivate migration or u lost even players like me who arent spending thousands but some coins too ... and all big ones need some farmes :D This way you will loose them too at some point.

In real life u can ran over to the enemy - but i have never seen, that they have their houses on the back ... so if u let migration still allowed combine it with a reset of the main buildings a player has and problem solved - no big one will risk this without taking a real deep breath ;)

Last but not least i want to say thank you all (including the devs of course!) for giving me about 9 month fun in this game ... but now its over.

Good Bye!

Doomandgloom
Squire
Squire

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:06 pm

Rgieza wrote:
Hi there,

migration made this game dead.

Even for me as a player, who has a "long breath" its over now - there is no way to get fun or respect for fights or even a real challenge.

Facts first - i never migrated anywhere and tried the best as a ~1mio-Player

so here you can read why - and its more for the devs than other players.

Fun
i could decide to migrate to second biggest kingdom and play farmville, because kingdom one and two are allied. Or i stay and couldnt even play farmville - going out costs me healing time and all the other issues mentioned thousand times here in forums.

Respect / Fights
Think about general options above. In my old kingdom (i ever was) there isnt much chatting now or even planned action - nearly no one left active
In another one, i am "one under hundred" migrants and even there are no real fights in it ... playing farmville and talking all day long about nuts isnt why i once started a war game!
But much worser - until my last real day ingame i was in contact with other kingdoms to do this or that and nobody is really interested. one rough player is enough to caught u in a fight - u take it and lost ur troops! if u dont take it u dont play - thats the matter ....

so u have to stay in capital, but then u even get no res for fighing. Another issue ...

Real Challenge
It started good because of forming alliances is very funny and interesting. i believe its one of the most important things to war games. even the alliance of the two biggest houses wasnt the point for me - then it gets more interesting for the others to form one for their own!

With the first real attack all of my kingdom give up at once and migrate. The other kingdoms done the same. This happens between one day and game was over!

So u ended up in deciding to migrate too and play farmville or stay and play nothing lol.

In fact migration was and is the dead of this game. There is no need for any player to think about the future of his kingdom. with migration he could just sit there and wait how it goes. and if not - just switch. the only thing he has to do is to time it right.

besides this its a thing my child could do. (in fact my child played on my old server all the farmville stuff lol)

Deactivate migration or u lost even players like me who arent spending thousands but some coins too ... and all big ones need some farmes :D This way you will loose them too at some point.

In real life u can ran over to the enemy - but i have never seen, that they have their houses on the back ... so if u let migration still allowed combine it with a reset of the main buildings a player has and problem solved - no big one will risk this without taking a real deep breath ;)

Last but not least i want to say thank you all (including the devs of course!) for giving me about 9 month fun in this game ... but now its over.

Good Bye!

Goodbye Rhony! (It wasn’t hard to realize it was you judging by your poor English)

How dare you complain when the person who was doing all the things that are been done to you now, you have been doing to everyone on server 33 before the merge. You were wiping the whole map keeping people in the capitol and killing off server 33. Migration was active back then as well but you didnt complain when you gave green, yellow, teal or orange the ultimatum to migrate to skarn or live in capitol forever. So explain to me why should this be any different for you now that you are complaining that the migration killed the game?. You should know that life is a mirror what you show you will eventually get back even when it is not at the speed of light.

You have been responsible for making people quit like i quit a while back so it is quite ironic that it all comes back to you forcing the strategy you imposed on others to make you quit yourself now. (I don’t believe you will quit though because now that you cannot stream on your YouTube channel your failures the only way you can get attention is to make a fake profile and get attention from there). Good riddance.

What goes around comes around and as your banner on your YouTube channel says “KARMA”

Grey
Squire
Squire

Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:58 pm

I pray every whale and bully in this game sees this justice thrust upon them

Strappedcorn
Knight
Knight

Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:43 pm

99% sure that’s not Rhony.....

Retreat
Knight
Knight

Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:02 am

Got what was coming to him for being so arrogant , I also hope all bad whalers get the same fate.

NBSerG
Knight
Knight

Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:51 pm

as i sad it past 2 weeks
map look like
1-2 days and it all be yellow + clear

Game Over :D

Kennan
Baron
Baron

Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:27 pm

one of the biggest player... mag1c? he wanted to build a super house in skarn and fight them all ? did he ran or ? im sure he wanted to play farmville and ran to nefrak ASAP! no sack for the smal balls..
I'm just a professional.. so let's have a map refresh each 8 week!
Server 56
"lets NERF NERF NERF! Everything is OP OP OP !"

Destination

Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:37 pm

Strappedcorn wrote:
99% sure that’s not Rhony.....

+1