Sparkles
Knight
Knight

Re: Merged realms 17-33 GAME OVER in 2 Weeks

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:20 pm

Changes to migration were mentioned numerous times IN the pre merger input thread. Lilith have no excuse for not being aware of the issue.

Bisera
Squire
Squire

Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:52 pm

Kryton13 wrote:
popc142 wrote:
i agree with preventing migration to the top 2 or 3 kingdoms.This will produce a 3 way or 4 way fight. Not an end game of 1 color vs 1 color. I hope the mods reads this suggestion

Stuff like this was suggested months before the mergers happened and nothing came of it.

Kryton13, can you tell us what happened on your merged servers?

J8512
Knight
Knight

Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:22 pm

The game itself will have no solution since 90% and more wants to conquest the map with ease.
Even if migration is limited to 3 kingdoms, then people will all agree to move to the kingdom with least cities, and recapture the cities of the 1st,2nd and 3rd kingdoms once everyone moved.

Quantum
Baron
Baron

Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:52 pm

That is why migration should not be based on the number of cities (but in example on the total amount of power of the active players).

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:39 am

Bisera wrote:
Kryton13 wrote:
popc142 wrote:
i agree with preventing migration to the top 2 or 3 kingdoms.This will produce a 3 way or 4 way fight. Not an end game of 1 color vs 1 color. I hope the mods reads this suggestion

Stuff like this was suggested months before the mergers happened and nothing came of it.

Kryton13, can you tell us what happened on your merged servers?

There is still a fight on our server to an extent. It has reduced down to 2 side, skarn and dunwolf. Dunwold has more whales and so is slowly winning but the fight is taking a while. Dunwolf have been abusing the bug where you cant rob carts. Legit if lilith give compensation to everyone including those who abused the bug then i am not paying for the game again. Its been happening during the double resource period and i have lost at least 100k of each basic resource.

Other then that it is fairly fun. Although if you are dwarf you need to share defence with someone as mechs just die and cost far too much mithril. Legit my friends garrison just lost 20k mithril in gold mechs today

Sorry if this is written poorly - i am writing from my phone.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

NBSerG
Knight
Knight

Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:52 am

Quantum wrote:
That is why migration should not be based on the number of cities (but in example on the total amount of power of the active players).

it will not work
exaple there will be 1.500k power + 500k power and other side will be 4- 500k power
2.kk not = 2kk power

pzapumpin
Knight
Knight

Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:30 am

Make it so every week the kingdom with the least amount of power gets 7 kings and no advisors according to the top 7 players in power in that weakest kingdom.

On a side note this can represent the "Warring States" period where china did not have one ruling king, a little history with the balance.

Make migration cooldown 3 weeks. This way the strong players will cycle to weakest kingdoms to raid their old kingdoms with new king bonuses. The 3 week migration cooldown helps balance who is rotating into these positions. No advisors helps punish an entire kingdom from moving.

All in all it will encourage kingdoms to betray each other for personal gain, which makes this game more interesting.

shaunus
Squire
Squire

Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:28 am

J8512 wrote:
The game itself will have no solution since 90% and more wants to conquest the map with ease.
Even if migration is limited to 3 kingdoms, then people will all agree to move to the kingdom with least cities, and recapture the cities of the 1st,2nd and 3rd kingdoms once everyone moved.

We don't want precisely balanced factions.
This game is all about back and forth action, that doesn't happen when nobody has enough extra people to take the initiative.

Coordinated groups are also not going to separate to balance the game out, because once they do that they lose the ability to coordinate.

If you attempted to limit who can migrate where, even more people are just not gonna use the feature. Go to most of the servers available and ask yourself: "Would I ever have any reason to want to migrate to the bottom 3 kingdoms?"

Make it so every week the kingdom with the least amount of power gets 7 kings and no advisors according to the top 7 players in power in that weakest kingdom.

So 7 people move over for the insane benefits, everyone else doesn't because they'd get absolutely nothing for doing so? Doesn't seem to solve the problem or make it any more engaging.
How exactly are precisely 7 people going to make a difference in a server with hundreds of people?
Moreover this is just gonna involve 7 people getting screwed, because their collective power will make their faction too high on the power boards.

The simple reality is that the game will usually come down to a few factions. This is neither a problem nor something that needs solving.
The reason this happens has more to do with how the game works (particularly resources, where getting zeroed in the mid/late game is game ending because the rate of acquisition of resources without dominant map control is too low).

Bobby
Baron
Baron

Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:03 am

Ive said it before and say it again they just need to get rid of kingdoms and make houses fight for teritory

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Bobby wrote:
Ive said it before and say it again they just need to get rid of kingdoms and make houses fight for teritory

You might be right - although this would require a big rework of a lot of the games core systems. For example being able to retreat to the capitol + the whole King and adviser system.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf