Blueynoes
Squire
Squire

Re: New Patch - balance

Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:53 pm

They keep buffing spearmen as well. How about fixing 2 problems at once and just making Rufio the Gladiator that buffs spearmen? Make him the virion of spears.

As long as there's no resurrect or unit bonuses for spearmen, they are not going to see much use unless the get buffed to overpowered levels. And as long as melee heroes get insta-targeted and killed, morale boosting your entire enemy's army in the process, you can quadruple Rufio's power and he will still be bad.

OIO
Knight
Knight

Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Maebius wrote:
The "gladiators" -even Bane I'd say- are just statsticks and buffsticks... they just die.
Most melee are a liability tbh and I'm not sure how Lilith should change them.

Bane and gafgar can reach realy high damage resistance, its what makes them viable as a might mule for duels. For damage, ya its still not their, not sure how they get their with the way mechanics are currently.

OIO
Knight
Knight

Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:57 pm

Blueynoes wrote:
They keep buffing spearmen as well. How about fixing 2 problems at once and just making Rufio the Gladiator that buffs spearmen? Make him the virion of spears.

As long as there's no resurrect or unit bonuses for spearmen, they are not going to see much use unless the get buffed to overpowered levels. And as long as melee heroes get insta-targeted and killed, morale boosting your entire enemy's army in the process, you can quadruple Rufio's power and he will still be bad.

I'd strongly argue against a "spearman" buff with all the current buffs in place, if they took back some of them and rolled them into rufio it might work.

However I think rufios problem, that gafgar and bane do not have, is his lack of skill based damage resistance.

Blacklegionary
Knight
Knight

Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:56 am

Even Bane die like fly at higher level.

Hoffman72510
Baron
Baron

Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:23 am

Blacklegionary wrote:
Even Bane die like fly at higher level.

This is unfortunately true. My Gafgar has loads and loads of stamina and even with a heal running he gets dropped quickly. You can use an active to reduce damage by a lot but that kinda defeats the purpose imo. I typically put my melee heroes in the back and pray they don’t draw aggro when they reach the battle.