Blueynoes
Squire
Squire

Re: Defense

Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:51 pm

Your picture: Yeah, it looks messed up, and it IS messed up, but it's explainable.

From what I've gathered, here's how the game picks garrison, from human perspective.

1. Pick 3 strongest ranged units, put them on wall.
2. Pick strongest melee units , place them in a good formation (spearmen/footmen front, horses back), leave room for 4 archers
3. Place archers

Now, you may think that step 2 is where it puts the spearmen. However, it always picks the highest power rating. For humans, assuming I have 1 golden squad of every unit type, spearmen are the lowest overall power of those. So because horses have a higher power rating, it will pick horses and legionnaires over the spearmen. Because horses are not frontline units, it deploys them in the back. After that, the archers get deployed and lo and behold there are some open frontline spots where it has to place them.

It's a messy way of building a garrison, I totally agree, but this would not have happened if you had 72 more legionnaires in there. It happens when you have a low number of legionnaires and a high number of horses.

So is this how it's always worked? Yeah. Is it a bug? I kind of doubt it... it's just the way it works. Either way, it's something that should definitely be changed.

Wyrdii
Knight
Knight

Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:09 pm

Blueynoes wrote:
So is this how it's always worked? Yeah. Is it a bug? I kind of doubt it... it's just the way it works. Either way, it's something that should definitely be changed.

Yeah I contacted support about that like months ago because the game deployed priests in the first row over spearman even though the spearman had a higher level. Even better the game didn't even deploy spearman when they were level 10 and my swordsman were level 8. They really have to look into spearman garrison deployments.

Bisera
Squire
Squire

Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:55 pm

[EDIT]

Didn't see Bluenoes' explanation before I posted. My bad.

KingMichael
Squire
Squire

Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:53 pm

Blueynoes wrote:
Your picture: Yeah, it looks messed up, and it IS messed up, but it's explainable.

From what I've gathered, here's how the game picks garrison, from human perspective.

1. Pick 3 strongest ranged units, put them on wall.
2. Pick strongest melee units , place them in a good formation (spearmen/footmen front, horses back), leave room for 4 archers
3. Place archers

Now, you may think that step 2 is where it puts the spearmen. However, it always picks the highest power rating. For humans, assuming I have 1 golden squad of every unit type, spearmen are the lowest overall power of those. So because horses have a higher power rating, it will pick horses and legionnaires over the spearmen. Because horses are not frontline units, it deploys them in the back. After that, the archers get deployed and lo and behold there are some open frontline spots where it has to place them.

It's a messy way of building a garrison, I totally agree, but this would not have happened if you had 72 more legionnaires in there. It happens when you have a low number of legionnaires and a high number of horses.

Blueynoes Thank you for this clear explanation! I think it is a f up way to deploy our Garrison in defense! It has to be changed. Exposior of bronz troops wen you have enof golden units to defense make you look weak. The investment you have to make to build a goldendefense takes verry much time and resourses. This way it wil break our golden defense piece by piece. Not so honestly in my opinion.

KingMichael
Squire
Squire

Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:55 pm

Wyrdii wrote:
Blueynoes wrote:

Yeah I contacted support about that like months ago because the game deployed priests in the first row over spearman even though the spearman had a higher level. Even better the game didn't even deploy spearman when they were level 10 and my swordsman were level 8. They really have to look into spearman garrison deployments.

For sure!!!