Aegon
Baron
Baron

Re: Defense

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Ok what anothers troups better you have in garison?
Can be : in this time someone attacked you and while your spears are ocupied, another guy attacked so the defence put the best can from units that left.

KingMichael
Squire
Squire

Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Aegon wrote:
Can be : in this time someone attacked you and while your spears are ocupied, another guy attacked so the defence put the best can from units that left.

No, it was a one single attack, 3 units of lvl 8 gold spears ready for action. My spears were not ocupied.

Aegon
Baron
Baron

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:17 pm

KingMichael wrote:
Aegon wrote:

No, it was a one single attack, 3 units of lvl 8 gold spears ready for action. My spears were not ocupied.

Then I can't understand...
Game bug, else haven't sens

KingMichael
Squire
Squire

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:57 pm

Aegon wrote:
KingMichael wrote:
Aegon wrote:

Then I can't understand...
Game bug, else haven't sens

I think its a bug to. Thanks for your input! Cheerss!

Blueynoes
Squire
Squire

Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:08 am

It is not a bug. If your garrison is human, the game will ALWAYS deploy your 3 strongest ranged troops on your walls, and your 4 second-strongest ranged troops on the ground. So if your garrison contains 3 golden archers, 5 bronze lvl 1 archer, and 120+ legions of golden cavalry, spearmen and legionnaires, your bronze archers will still be deployed on the ground.

This is why you need 7 golden archers if you want the first wave to be fully gold, or 10 if you want golden archers on the wall of your second wave.
Good idea to aim for having a total of 14 archer legions gold + silver in your garrison. if your opponent sees anything bronze on the first wave, they're going to send everything they have at you knowing your garrison is weak.

Bisera
Squire
Squire

Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:17 pm

The game will not deploy ONLY melee troops on the ground. It will always deploy a mixture of melee and ranged troops if that is what is in your garrison.

If you had nothing BUT spears then the game would deploy only spears but since you have a mixture of troops, the game is set to deploy, frontal tank like units, then ranged units behind them.

KingMichael
Squire
Squire

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:01 pm

Blueynoes wrote:
It is not a bug. If your garrison is human, the game will ALWAYS deploy your 3 strongest ranged troops on your walls, and your 4 second-strongest ranged troops on the ground. So if your garrison contains 3 golden archers, 5 bronze lvl 1 archer, and 120+ legions of golden cavalry, spearmen and legionnaires, your bronze archers will still be deployed on the ground.

This is why you need 7 golden archers if you want the first wave to be fully gold, or 10 if you want golden archers on the wall of your second wave.
Good idea to aim for having a total of 14 archer legions gold + silver in your garrison. if your opponent sees anything bronze on the first wave, they're going to send everything they have at you knowing your garrison is weak.

Can you analyz the picture. My defense put the Bronze artchers on the ground on de front line.

KingMichael
Squire
Squire

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:32 pm

Bisera wrote:
The game will not deploy ONLY melee troops on the ground. It will always deploy a mixture of melee and ranged troops if that is what is in your garrison.

If you had nothing BUT spears then the game would deploy only spears but since you have a mixture of troops, the game is set to deploy, frontal tank like units, then ranged units behind them.

Can you analyz the picture of de battlefield. Bronze ranged were put on de front line (left and right) not behind.

KingMichael
Squire
Squire

Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:45 am

Aegon
Baron
Baron

Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Non sense