Fawksito
Baron
Baron

Re: Simultaneous stronghold attacks/cheezing defenses

Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:11 pm

i have 7 silvers :/ 11 is just too much (and two golds is insane)
BOOM

Maebius
Knight
Knight

Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:36 pm

Yeah, the golds can obviously be from alt accounts.... Noone builds them for himself. Borrow 2-3 silvers from each of a few teammates and you're set.
And Grimms can be slightly skilled in siege, not much, lvl 3... The key is his ammo and reload skill lvl.

I agree it is teamwork as one person said, however you cannot get past the fact that you essentially bypass the city defenses... Dunno, it's just my opinion that it should not be the case.

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:18 am

I honestly think you shouldn't be able to cheese garrisons that way and attacking castles should work like in duels for city capture - there can only be one at a time. If you want to help take a city down you should be lending your gold troops to form a super golden attack that would take a garrison wave completely down with minimal losses. Unfortunately we all know the game doesn't work like that... even just a few gold losses would make it extremely expensive and the wall AI focusing units down due to unlimited range doesn't help at all... default AI behavior out of wall actually spreads fire among the frontline. So it's just all about min maxing unit costs through bronze Jacques sac attacks. Coordinate a bunch of them and you don't even need to bypass the garrison.

Yeah that means the player might be able to react if he's getting attacked only once every ~1:30 mins. And that should be precisely the point of receiving attack notifications and investing in a large and powerful wall - more reaction time to serious attacks... not just number of people needed to get free attacks on a completely undefended wall because the units are busy fighting in another dimension with all the other players.

Wyrdii
Knight
Knight

Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:55 am

Fawksito wrote:
i have 7 silvers :/ 11 is just too much (and two golds is insane)

lol yeah that's the dwarf account i literally made just to siege so i ended up making 2 gold cannons to share them with my main, currently they are level 10 and deal 15 million walldmg.

Strappedcorn
Knight
Knight

Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:17 pm

Oh the irony.... Complaining about one part of the game all the while abusing a alt account which some feel is also cheating the game.

Wyrdii
Knight
Knight

Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:39 pm

Strappedcorn wrote:
Oh the irony.... Complaining about one part of the game all the while abusing a alt account which some feel is also cheating the game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well just saying but my alt is the #4 highest account in lifetime honor, it's #8 in clearing the void stage 80 (as lvl 34 dwarf without jacques and 0 rocketeers while being handicapped from wasting 40 gold caps on gold cannons), and I put more time and effort into that alt account than most people into their mains~

TSSR
Squire
Squire

Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:05 am

It would be good to remove simultaneous attacks from this game. 1 city - 1 attack at a time.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:33 pm

Same set but with human catapults will do ~75k .
Thats teamwork and its hard to time such hit and leave troops intact if is proper/defended garrison.

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:00 pm

Strappedcorn wrote:
Level 7-8 catapults get you 100k wall damage? haha wow I'd love to see that. Who would have 16 silver cats to begin with anyways unless you're a whale then maybe..

Dwarf alts, 2 gold cannons each at like tier 5 can do it. At tier 8 or so with high command grimms, and reload skill + all dwarf catas = rip wall easily

Chandiris
Knight
Knight

Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:10 am

This thread is quit interesting. The three biggest issues of the game in this short discussion:

1) Simultainious Wall attacks: Honestly, no matter whether its fair or unfair, its just to unrealistic to let it happen. How can different player face the same wall at the same time with different troops...? There must be a better way to enable good sedge.

2) Multiaccounting: In any serious game you would have to explain why playing with more then one Account from the same IP. These days they have even better ways to track whether its the same person or not. Multi-Accounts are just allowed to gather a little more money and keep the intense player busy to not leave the game. Anyone using it is insanly selfish, ruining the game for others but not themselves. I builded one myself because i wanted to know how much time one spent to just create a lvl 15 farm and its insanly easy and quick. I put him asleep because it simply felt wrong to farm it up.

3) Jacques + Bronze: Thats redonculous. No more words to that. Everybody knows its killing the game and does not make any sense at all.

Take away those 3 Problems would make the game way more balanced. Of course a lot of wales would leave the game because it would actually use brainpower to dominate and they sadly only have money. Thats why we will never see a balanced AoC...