TheOneTrueMorty
Squire
Squire

Merge servers announcement killed our server

Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:17 pm

So as I understand it, the potential server mergers are supposed to pit dead servers where one kingdom already rules against another. Well I'm 1062 we are a relatively new server and they announced their server mergers to the Chinese first. So even though our server was very competitive and balanced, all the Chinese on the server decided to form one super kingdom thinking that the merger of our server was for sure going to happen, they thought that by forming together that they would take on all the other servers out there, (even though obviously a 3 week old server would get destroyed by an older server) So our server, even though only like 3 weeks old, has already died because they think our server is going to merge.

did anybody else on the new servers experience this?

Also thank you Lilith for killing your servers

Gddonnelly78
Squire
Squire

Re: Merge servers announcement killed our server

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:01 am

Yes! Our server is pretty balanced and now people are trying recruit and form one unified color in anticipation of a server merge. "That way we can get ahead and get more resources/exp"

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:38 am

That's what happen to old servers as well. People have been expecting a merge for a long time since hengli's post regarding the survey and players had to prepare for it sooner.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:55 am

What’s really funny is you progress faster with enemy kingdoms than owning the whole map. Cooldown are longer for places outside your own area. (Ten cities) so if you want to grow the fastest be in the top 200 on the server across all kingdoms in s balanced sever of 3-6 kingdoms.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

FBSM
Knight
Knight

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:40 am

"Commanders, we will pick some older servers to possibly merge. Players on these servers can vote if they want their server to be merged."

Hmm.. people may not read the announcement right

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:53 am

I am sorry but it's not our fault If players are making their own assumptions about a merge we just announced to OLDER SERVERS. The announcement is pretty clear, of course we are not going to merge a 3-week old server that was balanced and fine until now.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:42 am

hengli wrote:
I am sorry but it's not our fault If players are making their own assumptions about a merge we just announced to OLDER SERVERS. The announcement is pretty clear, of course we are not going to merge a 3-week old server that was balanced and fine until now.

Well to be fair they are never balanced that is why migration was requested in the first place to attempt to have a kingdom vs kingdom instead of everyone dead minus the one good kingdom. Now it is everyone cheats the system by announcing a time and day when all cities are dropped so everyone can join the one kingdom or have everyone move to the number two kingdom. (And I mean literally everyone. )
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

FBSM
Knight
Knight

Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:04 am

Zinek wrote:
Well to be fair they are never balanced that is why migration was requested in the first place to attempt to have a kingdom vs kingdom instead of everyone dead minus the one good kingdom. Now it is everyone cheats the system by announcing a time and day when all cities are dropped so everyone can join the one kingdom or have everyone move to the number two kingdom. (And I mean literally everyone. )

Yeah... this is a good point. Migration is not so much a game breaking if city is not easily flipped. I'd recommend that if a minister drop a city, that city should be refilled with neutral monster with appropriate level. So it will not so easy to flip a city anymore.

hengli

Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:50 am

Zinek wrote:
hengli wrote:

I understand that, but the merge is to solve the problem of servers with low activity. And from what he said about his server it was fine before the Chinese players made this move.
I will pass the feedback and suggestions about the city dropping tactics to the team.

sunbow
Baron
Baron

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:22 pm

hengli, can you make sure the migration feature is turned off for merged servers? at least for a while (maybe a month)?

or change the logic so that the amount of cities is no longer the key to lock a kingdom, but the total power of all players in it (to prevent super kingdoms who can just drop cities to unlock themselves).

on 41 we had skarn as a super kingdom. it got so boring we gathered 35 active players to join an empty one. now most cities on the map are neutral. less rss for all, but a lot more fun for sure.