J8512
Knight
Knight

Next Jaquess

Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:37 pm

Mobile game companies make unbalanced items, heroes, units on purpose. It is their intention to make the game more unbalanced, so they can get more cash in.

The only goal of these games is to make more profit. Lilth probably did the math and figured out getting $10 from 100-200 mid-low spending users per realm is more profitable than making 500-2000 patron users quit this game because of Jacquess.

Lilith will sure fix Jacquess, but the problem is once they fix Jacquess, there will be another unbalanced hero, unit, race or whatever, where the only way to benefit from it is to spend real money. In this game remember what happened to Cleo… I have seen this same pattern in numerous mobile games.

This is a famous powerpoint slide from Nexon developers conference in Korea.
It says,
“Broken balance makes the demand for P2W use”

156c9b56160214067.jpg

Also, you might have already noticed but English is not my native language.

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Next Jaquess

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:31 pm

That's actually an interesting concept for P2W games. It may not apply for game companies that only earn through MTX skins. But I think that kind of method makes them eventually lose the player interest.

FBSM
Knight
Knight

Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:05 am

J8512 wrote:
Mobile game companies make unbalanced items, heroes, units on purpose. It is their intention to make the game more unbalanced, so they can get more cash in.

The only goal of these games is to make more profit. Lilth probably did the math and figured out getting $10 from 100-200 mid-low spending users per realm is more profitable than making 500-2000 patron users quit this game because of Jacquess.

Lilith will sure fix Jacquess, but the problem is once they fix Jacquess, there will be another unbalanced hero, unit, race or whatever, where the only way to benefit from it is to spend real money. In this game remember what happened to Cleo… I have seen this same pattern in numerous mobile games.

This is a famous powerpoint slide from Nexon developers conference in Korea.
It says,
“Broken balance makes the demand for P2W use”

156c9b56160214067.jpg

Also, you might have already noticed but English is not my native language.

I agree with you 100%. The number of new servers added regularly is ridiculous. I'm very certain that this is Lilith's business model. Having players to spend $10 in new server again and again. They are not interested in keeping players stay on a server longer than a month. Having a broken hero (that they know for months) help with this business strategy. I dare to say that the addition of new cities that they did last update also help with early gameplay (they reduce the level requirement to many areas, right?)

I'm only going to play till my patron is over. I believe by that time the server is more or less dead as the opening of the new servers are not slowing down. I also do not expect Lilith to change their strategy because the amount of money spent in Chinese servers are ridiculous! I've never seen so many whales in the first week of the server. And the amount of players with 3-4 shop heroes are shocking!

Bozarius
Squire
Squire

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:49 am

Maybe this is their goal. But it is a shame. Because really. I play a long time. And good games. stay out there. for years. people spend money. and a lot. Bad games. Maybe you have that bunch who spend a ton. But the game will die. This game has potential to be a good one. But if this is their way. It will die out soon. It does already. after 1 month new servers are unballanced. people quit. Sad because it could be a game that let people play for years.

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:40 am

I think people are potentially overeacting a bit.

Don't get me wrong - i agree that Jacques is imbalanced and i agree that there is currently a massive issue with old servers dying and people feeling like they have to move to new ones - but i want to put some context to this that leads me to a different conclusion then Lilith are just exploiting us all.

Since this game has launched there have been numerous updates to the game that have vastly improved the player experience. The Void + crafting system + Rakan were all added in one patch and it was all fantastic content. In the past they have also listened to our balance suggestions by nerfing Cleo and nerfing Gazuls soul scourge when both were far too powerful.

Recently it does not seem like as much has been done but that is because the Chinese launch is actually a massive undertaking for the company, while we don't see the benefits ourselves it takes a lot of their resources to pull off. This issue has been exasperated by the fact that the company as a whole took a vacation to China (Hengli mentioned this in another thread) and that Hengli himself took some extra holiday so there has been very little feedback to us, making it seem like the game is dead.

Now one good thing about the Chinease launch is that Lilith have a bunch of extra cash coming in that they can invest back into the game, whether they will do this or not remains to be seen.

I personally think that Lilith were slightly taken aback by how much of a success this game has become and the amount of users that they have is much more then they expected, hence the reason we all get individual poor support when we use in game feedback.

Right now they have 2 options:
1. Take the success from this game and just milk it for all it is worth and then retire on it without doing more work
2. Reinvest into this game and build their rep as a gaming company and make a more sustainable profit over time.

Until proven otherwise i am going to hope that they are going for option 2.

Some things that need to be addressed (in my opinion) if they are doing this are:
1. Hengli needs some help, even if it is just part time, especially to cover for his holidays. We need to have these forums active or it makes it seem like the devs do not care and that the game is dying.
2. The balance team at Lilith are not very good, i genuinely think that a lot of their balance mistakes are just that mistakes and not an attempt to force us to buy pay to win Heroes. Normally the way to solve this in a game is to hire some of the best players or to at least let them give feedback but in this game there is no actual way to know who the best players are as we are all spread across servers so i am not sure what to suggest here.
3. The server merge is needed. I know that it is something that is being worked on already but i feel that it is important to reiterate this fact as many people are stuck on dead servers.
4. There needs to be some way to interact between servers e.g. pvp tournaments or invades or any of the numerous other suggestions we have on these forums. If just the server merge happens and this isn't implemented in some way then the dead servers will come back, only later.

Sorry if this response was a bit rambling and long winded.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

shyke
Knight
Knight

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:06 am

Hengli posted they were looking into Jacques finally I'm so happy I could cry Q_Q they just need to not make the problem worse and keep an eye on the other heroes making sure they don't have such a negative impact on the game as Jacques does currently.

At least that is they go the direction I'm thinking of and not in the opposite direction but majority of the changes I'm really happy for just certain things make me raise my eyebrows and wonder where they are getting these change ideas from.

Maebius
Knight
Knight

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:43 am

Well peeps, be careful what you wish for because if they will nerf Jacques while not buffing others, the next wave of whining will be about not being able to complete the void :)
Myself I find all the heroes rather underwhelming (compared to Jacques), especially because of their terrible AI that makes them die all the time.

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:47 am

Maebius wrote:
Well peeps, be careful what you wish for because if they will nerf Jacques while not buffing others, the next wave of whining will be about not being able to complete the void :)
Myself I find all the heroes rather underwhelming (compared to Jacques), especially because of their terrible AI that makes them die all the time.

Heroes overall are not super strong fighters but they are exceptional at buffing your units and sometimes at using abilities like blizzard to control a fight. The biggest problem with this is the gladiator class as they rely on fighting with all heroes are bad at.

I personally think that heroes should never be super powerful at simply fighting as it means people can win fights with just bronze troops, remember heroes only get injured and it is easy to drink a potion for them. Making gladiators good at fighting would not be super bad though as at least they are melee and attack the front line.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

Maebius
Knight
Knight

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:26 am

Yeah but the silly ranged going past your frontline to pew pew with their wand and getting fragged is equally frustrating....
I'm not saying they all need a buff to their hp, nor their damage (maybe the abilities cooldown can be a bit shorter), but their AI certainly needs to change....
I obviously agree on the gladiator class being to squishy (for their frontline role).
I am sure the intention of -for example- rufio's leap was never to pull back so as not to get killed hehe

9nines
Knight
Knight

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:48 am

Maebius wrote:
Yeah but the silly ranged going past your frontline to pew pew with their wand and getting fragged is equally frustrating....
I'm not saying they all need a buff to their hp, nor their damage (maybe the abilities cooldown can be a bit shorter), but their AI certainly needs to change....
I obviously agree on the gladiator class being to squishy (for their frontline role).
I am sure the intention of -for example- rufio's leap was never to pull back so as not to get killed hehe

Use bane and youll see the main problem in that class is rufio in general lol bane can solo tank a whole duel army for atleast 30 secs.