Bozarius
Squire
Squire

Game Unballance and Problems - Why a good game, will die soon.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:45 am

Dear Developers,

I really hope someone is reading these forums, and fellow players. If you agree, let's Try to bump this post to get the attention. Feel free to add your own opinions.

- Changing Factions. I think in essence, this is the game breaker. I am not sure about other game servers. But mine are 80/90% Chinese. I played many games and Chinese always tend to do the same: The are drawn to power. Meaning. If one person or guild becomes strong. It will attract all others. from all factions. The result is an imbalance of the factions. Because one will be several times more powerful then the others. Completely ruining the server. The solution is simply. Do not allow this. Or at least make people reset when they change faction.

- The hero's. Actually i did not have so much issues with the summoning. As all players had access to at least 2 of these hero's. There was not so much issues for me. However this reset completely messed up all. If it was the case. That people with the 3 summon hero's had an unfair advantage. Well those same people are now really laughing. Resetting all hero's and put all exp into 1 hero. (Usually Jaq) creates such an imbalance between players and armies. Players go around with lvl30-35 Jaq. And really troops no longer matter. This guy will out-damage all troops on the battlefield on both sides combined. The fix will already come to late. Because all people unlucky enough to know this, have this hero. Are now getting bashed on. An unfair battle you cannot do anything against. People will leave, and the imbalance will get bigger. The hero patch was the worst thing to do. Was reset skill points simply not ok?

- Purchases. Also something the creates a big cliff between players. Almost all can and will buy the Patron, and most will buy the 10$ hero. But after the jump is really big. It drives a cliff between people who can afford a lot. And people who cannot or will not pay so much for just a hero. In the end, you will loose money. I believe if you make 19.99 / 29.99 / 49.99 Hero bundles (and other bundles) you will get more people buying. And now, because a select group only buy. You create again imbalance. There will be a bigger gap. So most people leave, do not enjoy. You loose players, loose money. Kill the game.

- Regional server. Make US / EU / and Asian servers. Translation only works 50%. Unable to find people in your timezone or even your language. Will push away, well anyone except Chinese. Who are (on my server) the vast majority. Unless you really only want Asian countries to play (in that case do not release game worldwide) Make different servers. Also here, you will get that Chinese ignore almost all who are not Chinese, and other countries are represented in such small numbers. They cannot do anything. Result is again, leaving the game.

And its a shame!!! because the game has so much potential! It is really nice, and can be a huge success!
So i hope the developers and other players will read, Please add your comments, and bump this to get noticed.

Some last suggestions for the game:
- Make the map a little bigger, increase resources a little. It encourages people to battle and the game will not get so boring.
- More in game events. Mirror is nice. Do more!
- Tier's of Guilds, increase difficulty to get higher tier by maybe factor 10. Make it hard to own more cities. And put a hard cap on 5, maybe even just 3. It will allow for more guilds to form. Not one mega Guild.
- Increase energy and recharge rate. Make the game more active.

Anyways, so far, hope this will make a change.

Regards All,
Bozarius

Rajjeq
Knight
Knight

Re: Game Unballance and Problems - Why a good game, will die soon.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:18 pm

Some of what you are saying is interesting, but some of your suggestions are really terrible.

1. We don't need a bigger map. They just recently added 20 cities. On most non-new servers, there already aren't enough active players to hold all the cities, and there are often 10+ unclaimed cities just sitting there because no one has enough people or tier to capture them.
2. Tiers should not be made harder. See point 1. Making Tiers harder reduces activity and will just result in many more unclaimed cities or force houses to fragment into smaller houses, which will lead to less activity and more unclaimed cities.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:31 pm

Yea making house leveling slower will only make things go back to before where we had houses like this. Unity. Unity 2 unity 3. And so on.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Rajjeq
Knight
Knight

Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:02 pm

Plus, that house fragmenting separates people, which makes them have less interaction with each other, which makes the game less fun and engaging and increases people leaving.

9nines
Knight
Knight

Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:03 pm

Bozarius wrote:
Dear Developers,

I really hope someone is reading these forums, and fellow players. If you agree, let's Try to bump this post to get the attention. Feel free to add your own opinions.

- Changing Factions. I think in essence, this is the game breaker. I am not sure about other game servers. But mine are 80/90% Chinese. I played many games and Chinese always tend to do the same: The are drawn to power. Meaning. If one person or guild becomes strong. It will attract all others. from all factions. The result is an imbalance of the factions. Because one will be several times more powerful then the others. Completely ruining the server. The solution is simply. Do not allow this. Or at least make people reset when they change faction.

- The hero's. Actually i did not have so much issues with the summoning. As all players had access to at least 2 of these hero's. There was not so much issues for me. However this reset completely messed up all. If it was the case. That people with the 3 summon hero's had an unfair advantage. Well those same people are now really laughing. Resetting all hero's and put all exp into 1 hero. (Usually Jaq) creates such an imbalance between players and armies. Players go around with lvl30-35 Jaq. And really troops no longer matter. This guy will out-damage all troops on the battlefield on both sides combined. The fix will already come to late. Because all people unlucky enough to know this, have this hero. Are now getting bashed on. An unfair battle you cannot do anything against. People will leave, and the imbalance will get bigger. The hero patch was the worst thing to do. Was reset skill points simply not ok?

- Purchases. Also something the creates a big cliff between players. Almost all can and will buy the Patron, and most will buy the 10$ hero. But after the jump is really big. It drives a cliff between people who can afford a lot. And people who cannot or will not pay so much for just a hero. In the end, you will loose money. I believe if you make 19.99 / 29.99 / 49.99 Hero bundles (and other bundles) you will get more people buying. And now, because a select group only buy. You create again imbalance. There will be a bigger gap. So most people leave, do not enjoy. You loose players, loose money. Kill the game.

- Regional server. Make US / EU / and Asian servers. Translation only works 50%. Unable to find people in your timezone or even your language. Will push away, well anyone except Chinese. Who are (on my server) the vast majority. Unless you really only want Asian countries to play (in that case do not release game worldwide) Make different servers. Also here, you will get that Chinese ignore almost all who are not Chinese, and other countries are represented in such small numbers. They cannot do anything. Result is again, leaving the game.

And its a shame!!! because the game has so much potential! It is really nice, and can be a huge success!
So i hope the developers and other players will read, Please add your comments, and bump this to get noticed.

Some last suggestions for the game:
- Make the map a little bigger, increase resources a little. It encourages people to battle and the game will not get so boring.
- More in game events. Mirror is nice. Do more!
- Tier's of Guilds, increase difficulty to get higher tier by maybe factor 10. Make it hard to own more cities. And put a hard cap on 5, maybe even just 3. It will allow for more guilds to form. Not one mega Guild.
- Increase energy and recharge rate. Make the game more active.

Anyways, so far, hope this will make a change.

Regards All,
Bozarius

#1 quanity does not always beat quality for example I had 13 attacks on my base in 18hrs.... they took 25k off my walla and lost all the troops.
#2 jacqs is op,that is true but when you see most of the server running around with 3+ bought heros it doesnt seem to be a money problem for most.you pay for what you find fun.
#3 As an Ark and Rust player, I can tell you regional servers mean as much as telling Shu not to post a reply on the forums. It will happen no matter what,even locking the region in would still be easy to bypass due to vpns and other ways.
#4 map is big enough,we got a 2 week old server and its always popping off.why would they increase the reason you pvp?
#5 mirrior is nice
#6 making it harder to level up houses means your going to see little 5 man groups trying to hold a city then quit the game when a bigger group puts a foot somewhere where its not meant to go.

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:44 am

People in old servers are just not reaching the quota for members. There's more member slots than cities we can hold. While house levels are being slow making houses hold 1 to 1 per level. I personally think they should increase the amount of cities we can hold rather than the member slots that we can't fill.

RedCoats94
Squire
Squire

Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:53 pm

You didn't cover the AutoShield part, it's ridiculous. Anyone that's a noob and with 'too much' resources is automatically fully protected, you can't even loot a single gold from them.

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:13 pm

RedCoats94 wrote:
You didn't cover the AutoShield part, it's ridiculous. Anyone that's a noob and with 'too much' resources is automatically fully protected, you can't even loot a single gold from them.

Well... We can all thank him. viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13171&hilit=farm+alt+account

BobtheBuilder
Squire
Squire

Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:54 pm

9nines wrote:

#3 As an Ark and Rust player, I can tell you regional servers mean as much as telling Shu not to post a reply on the forums. It will happen no matter what,even locking the region in would still be easy to bypass due to vpns and other ways.

I like how you sneaked that in there.