Bisera
Squire
Squire

Migration & Server Merger

Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:45 pm

With the introduction of migration a while back, we saw a shift in the balance of power in Kingdoms. Strong players migrated together to create the strongest kingdoms and lower level players fled to those kingdoms for safety. What we are seeing after long periods of game play, with migration in effect, is full map domination by one kingdom, which essentially turned the game into the Art of Farming Quests.

With server mergers being in the near possible future and the fact that migration is still on the table, what we will see is the same effect; people will immediately migrate to the kingdom with the strongest players / whales and will dominate the map under one kingdom. Keep in mind, I realize this game is called Art of CONQUEST, and conquering the map is ideally the end game realization, it still leaves that staleness to end game play where we KNOW we will all end up in one colour, farming quests and resources points all day long. That makes for the most uninspiring end game play for a player vs player game.

I suggest we terminate migration with server merges.

If this is unacceptable, then I suggest a map wide reset on a scheduled basis. To keep things entertaining.

Another solution would be server vs server PvP battles. To be honest, map wide reset sounds much more appealing.

The current state of all preestablished servers is one kingdom rules them all and at level 40, with no one to plunder, no one to duel, no one to create drama, then this game is stale bread and it's time to move on to a game that doesn't end in disappointment.

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Migration & Server Merger

Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:38 am

That should be interesting to see. I think they should still allow smaller Kingdoms/Kingdoms without any city to migrate to other kingdoms to make it at least breathable for them.