FAVSTIANVS
Knight
Knight

Racist game playing? Racist game playing.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:21 pm

In Server 0001, Nore, one sees intolerable things such as this:

WechatIMG1.jpeg

WechatIMG2.jpeg

WechatIMG3.jpeg

WechatIMG4.jpeg

Lilith game, you'd better handle this fairly and instantly (say 2 weeks); otherwise from reddit to tieba, people will see, people will want to know why, and people will want to know what you guys have done against such discrimination. I suggest a permanent ban of his account can be a good start.

Rayzn
Squire
Squire

Re: Racist game playing? Racist game playing.

Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:21 pm

While I agree with that guy should be banned there is a problem with all of the new servers containing many Chinese players. I have tried multiple servers and every time I am consistently called a “foreigner” and they attacked me. Even when I try to work together with them they will work with other kingdoms just to run us “foreigners” off and that is also a major problem. It is discussed amongst all non-Chinese or Mandarin speaking players. It is a serious issue in many houses we all try to work together but they will not work with us.

Bisera
Squire
Squire

Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:12 pm

Ugh, it disgusts me that that guy is Canadian and waving the Canadian flag while being a racist shit monger.

I apologize on behalf of all Canadians.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:15 pm

It’s a clash of cultures. I’m the west respect is expected for nothing and when that person does stupid things then people will disrespect that person. In other places it’s the other way around. People will look down on you if you are foreign until you EARN their respect.

Treat people as you wish to be treated. Prove your worth to the team.

On server 1071 the Chinese on our team were rude and unwelcoming at first as they assumed us useless as many players are let’s be honest people play to castle 9 and quit and waste everyone’s time in the early game capturing a city and voting for themselves.

But we proved to them we are capable and now we have their respect and we work well together and our kingdom is the strongest while also being the smallest in number.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

ChipHarold
Knight
Knight

Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:44 pm

The only black hero, Vega, was formerly a street urchin. Great!

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:37 pm

ChipHarold wrote:

Many priests in fantasy were. It’s a common cliche. Grow up in the slums lead a horrible life find the light in god become the champion of the light. It’s a fable that we look to at in real life and high fantasy.

And before you say oh of course the black chick is poor.

Everyone is poor in a medevil era setting. The nobles regardless of race or location in the world have the power and money.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

FAVSTIANVS
Knight
Knight

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:01 am

Rayzn wrote:
While I agree with that guy should be banned there is a problem with all of the new servers containing many Chinese players. I have tried multiple servers and every time I am consistently called a “foreigner” and they attacked me. Even when I try to work together with them they will work with other kingdoms just to run us “foreigners” off and that is also a major problem. It is discussed amongst all non-Chinese or Mandarin speaking players. It is a serious issue in many houses we all try to work together but they will not work with us.

First of all, allow me me to clarify something, including what you said. I don't really think you mean it by
Rayzn wrote:
While I agree with that guy should be banned there is a problem with all of the new servers containing many Chinese players.
The mere existence of many Chinese players is not a problem.

Secondly,
Rayzn wrote:
I have tried multiple servers and every time I am consistently called a “foreigner”

it is true that you are a foreigner to Chinese. So what's wrong it is for Chinese to call you a foreigner?

Thirdly,
Rayzn wrote:
and they attacked me.

You serious bro? The nature of this game is you attacking me and I attacking you. Surely you do not want to turn this game into resources gathering from gold mines, magic springs, lumber mill, etc, once a day, do you?

Forth,
Rayzn wrote:
Even when I try to work together with them they will work with other kingdoms just to run us “foreigners” off and that is also a major problem. It is discussed amongst all non-Chinese or Mandarin speaking players. It is a serious issue in many houses we all try to work together but they will not work with us.

"run us “foreigners” off", you mean attacking you guys? It goes back to the third point.
"but they will not work with us." you still mean attacking you guys? It goes back to the third point again.

Last, you may feel like I have been defending my Chinese fellows and indeed I havee, but please don't misunderstand me. Truly I am very sorry for what you have experienced. Trust me, I am, I really am. I wish I can do something for you but I am afraid not. I believe the nature of the problem you have encountered is language. If Chinese (most players in your server I guess) don't speak English and you and your friends don't speak Chinese, it would be pretty difficult for you and Chinese players in your server to communicate. However, if you come to the early servers (mine 0001 for example), things can get a lot better for you.

FAVSTIANVS
Knight
Knight

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:04 am

Bisera wrote:
Ugh, it disgusts me that that guy is Canadian and waving the Canadian flag while being a racist shit monger.

I apologize on behalf of all Canadians.

You know what, I feel soooooooooo relieved reading what you said in the sense that my previous knowledge of Canadians was not incorrect. I knew and know Canada is a civilized country.

FAVSTIANVS
Knight
Knight

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:08 am

Zinek wrote:
It’s a clash of cultures. I’m the west respect is expected for nothing and when that person does stupid things then people will disrespect that person. In other places it’s the other way around. People will look down on you if you are foreign until you EARN their respect.

Treat people as you wish to be treated. Prove your worth to the team.

On server 1071 the Chinese on our team were rude and unwelcoming at first as they assumed us useless as many players are let’s be honest people play to castle 9 and quit and waste everyone’s time in the early game capturing a city and voting for themselves.

But we proved to them we are capable and now we have their respect and we work well together and our kingdom is the strongest while also being the smallest in number.

You may need more background information. This guy spoke what he spoke after his guild had lost 8 cities within 2 hours, not to mention troops of his friends decimated. According to what you said, we should have "EARN"ed a great amount of respect. Instead, we "EARN" what you see in screenshots.

FAVSTIANVS
Knight
Knight

Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:10 am

ChipHarold wrote:

I agree. Lilith game should do a better job.
(BTW, actually Vega is my favorite hero.)