Cheerios7204
Baron
Baron

Re: New patch discussion post October 2017

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:00 pm

Summoning is with Virion is useless, might as well replace that skill with a blank slot
Realm: S60
Kingdom: Athaly

alcapwned
Squire
Squire

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:25 pm

Although I think summons needed a nerf this is not the way to do it. Even if you stack all the + summon duration you can the summoned swords will likely have no effect on the fight and the summoned archers will have minimal effect.

If they don't want us summoning on the backline then they should make the summoned swords spawn on Virion and the summoned archers spawn a few steps behind Avalon.

However the ability to summon in a specific location added a lot of strategy to both PvP and PvE (especially the void) that I don't want to see removed. Decisions like: should I summon swords on Vega to stop Favor, or on the gold archers to remove dps? Should I summon archers in front of the spiders and accept that the spiders will splash them, or should I wait for Avalon to get into a better position to summon behind or next to the spiders but risk having him die before I get the chance? Do I want to summon archers behind my army as pure dps, or do I want to summon them in front to eat some damage?

They should just nerf the power level of the summons a bit and introduce diminishing returns on command scaling if that isn't a thing already.

Blacklegionary
Knight
Knight

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:28 pm

Now, I'm pretty sure the developers dont even play their own game and only care about milking more money from us.

Vriana
Knight
Knight

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:50 pm

Words fail me.

Emoticon
Squire
Squire

Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:53 pm

Whoa, guys, this patch makes Elena way way way overpowered...

...Since you can trade her for Jacques, which is now the only relevant hero in the game.

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:51 pm

If they are to keep it I think it would be nice if summons have a starting morale or war horn buff for 2~4 seconds since they spawn from the back. It might add some appeal to the system. For those who are frustrated, be optimistic since this may not be the final rework and as they said, they will continue to observe the progress of all heroes.

I have to admit I use summons as fodder in the battlefield but I guess we all have to adjust our strategies with the current changes.

Emoticon
Squire
Squire

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:04 pm

I still think summoning on top of the hero would suffice - more strategy in placement, hard to just wipe out the backline.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:28 pm

Emoticon wrote:
Whoa, guys, this patch makes Elena way way way overpowered...

...Since you can trade her for Jacques, which is now the only relevant hero in the game.

Why do you make all the posts that make me laugh. Thank you.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:29 pm

Emoticon wrote:
I still think summoning on top of the hero would suffice - more strategy in placement, hard to just wipe out the backline.

Totally agree
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Wow, that is disgustingly bad and a total overkill when the intention was to simply prevent players from summoning on top of the enemy backline. If it releases like this the way to go is to simply reset all those heroes to level 1 and exchange Elena for Jacques, pump everything into him.

I can't imagine how much harder the void challenges will be now.

They simply can't make summon skills this bad. It doesn't come from the backline, it comes from the bloody end of the screen. Virion's swordmen will never reach anything in time. Lilith you need to change the range to be around the hero that casts the skill. Or remove the cooldown from summons, so you are at least able to cast them all as the fight starts, because in that current form you will never want to sacrifice a skill cooldown on a summon skill as they take too long to start making a difference in the battlefield.