Sargon
Baron
Baron

Re: Mech Dwarf - is it playable now?

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:47 pm

Theres a simple solution here. Permanent death (no injury) as a unit trait needs to be completely removed from the game. Its such a ridiculously huge downside that it ruins the game for people trying to use those units. Lich literally just does not use undead since they are massive garbage and always die, and dwarf can't enjoy the game fully in fear of losing mechs. Mechs at least don't die 100% of the time like gold melee skeles would, but its still a massive loss when they do. As a baseline trait, this has no place in the game as the units are way too expensive to replace, so people just never take risks or avoid the units all together. Look at lich. They use their only 2 non-undead units as their entire army. Lucky for them, they are two of the best units in the game.

Croft
Knight
Knight

Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:52 pm

Sargon wrote:
Theres a simple solution here. Permanent death (no injury) as a unit trait needs to be completely removed from the game. Its such a ridiculously huge downside that it ruins the game for people trying to use those units. Lich literally just does not use undead since they are massive garbage and always die, and dwarf can't enjoy the game fully in fear of losing mechs. Mechs at least don't die 100% of the time like gold melee skeles would, but its still a massive loss when they do. As a baseline trait, this has no place in the game as the units are way too expensive to replace, so people just never take risks or avoid the units all together. Look at lich. They use their only 2 non-undead units as their entire army. Lucky for them, they are two of the best units in the game.

You compare dwarf to lich and mention how undead is garbage...so why not say the same about mechs being garbage and just use dwarf human units: miners, rockeeters and snipers? I don't understand your point

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:15 pm

Croft wrote:
Sargon wrote:

You compare dwarf to lich and mention how undead is garbage...so why not say the same about mechs being garbage and just use dwarf human units: miners, rockeeters and snipers? I don't understand your point

My point is in the first two sentences: that 'no injury' is a ridiculous trait that should simply not exist for any race or unit. Undead units turn out to be a lot worse than mech units because 2 of the 3 undead units are light armor, and the third is a low HP melee unit. Basically, all of the undead units are very likely to die in a duel for example. Its still awful to have perma death as a trait on mechs, but they are less likely to die than undead, so you can at least afford to use them. Lich can't run undead at all, even for questing, without having to take major extra care in keeping them alive.

As I said, its a horrible trait for both units and I think it should be completely removed from the game.

P3ch
Squire
Squire

Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:28 am

PrinceCharming wrote:
ddelucca wrote:
Wait, the +% damage vs Mech/Summons/Giants isn't only for the hero equipping the item?

It is a hero buff only. Troops don't get this bonus.

How You can be sure about that?
Items with "hero only buff" has such information clearly written in their description as "Hero bonus:" (ie Attack speed +30% on swiftstrike dagged)

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:38 am

if you read the skill for the titan scythe it is 30% damage to mechs, not for heroes but for your army. This would melt mech armies unless its a bad description.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:09 am

I swear to god this thread keeps coming up and it just makes me angry at bad players. If you don't like mechs permanently dying don't build them or don't play Dwarf. Some of us like them and don't want to see the permanent death taken away only for them to be nerfed to compensate as they are currently the most powerful tank unit in the game.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

Dazed
Baron
Baron

Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:18 am

Kryton13 wrote:
I swear to god this thread keeps coming up and it just makes me angry at bad players. If you don't like mechs permanently dying don't build them or don't play Dwarf. Some of us like them and don't want to see the permanent death taken away only for them to be nerfed to compensate as they are currently the most powerful tank unit in the game.

+1. These kids want their cake and to be able to eat it too.
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.