P3ch
Squire
Squire

Mech Dwarf - is it playable now?

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:56 am

Hey, since last patch came up there are a few changes that really makes playing dwarf harder. I mean:

1). Flawless Titan Scythe - which gives 30% dmg boost vs mech units (not for hero only as other new items)
2). Gan - which can buff magical creatures - like lich scorp/spiders
3). Nora - which is a dwarf hero - but available at level 80 of void ... So only high lvl players can have her...

So I have a question: Is there a point of playing as mech dwarf ?

Mechs can't be injured, can't be healed (not counting 1 skill of paid hero) and are expensive.
They r immune to poison - but scorpions have corosion skill for them.

I mean - i'll be very depressed when i lose all mechs on fight vs lich on same power level...
If i switch to engineers - i'll be eaten by poison...

And please - don't say things like - dwarf is good for siege - not pvp....

Svartalfheim
Knight
Knight

Re: Mech Dwarf - is it playable now?

Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:06 am

Nope, there is none , weak as s***

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:04 pm

It is, I've seen someone with T13 Gold Mechs and the HP per robot is 200k. They're quite a decent tank vs Spiders and Arrows.

Black
Knight
Knight

Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:51 pm

I have gold XI mechs, its been the same squad i have had for 2 months, no one has been able to kill them yet, i use them every single time i siege and if i fight someone with same or lower power than myself. (Im too greedy to use them against someone higher than myself)

Plus note here: they single handedly killed the dragon in stage 80 in the void, they tanked him for the whole fight while there were gold XII snipers and gold XII spiders on them and just chipped away on the dragon, took them 30-40 seconds to slay the dragon with 0 supporting troops. Then there were still 3 left in the troop with more than half their hp left.

I find them to be VERY strong, best tanking unit in my opinion, i also have researched every single defensive upgrade available up to academy lvl 10.

But it still ruins the point that you have 100% chance of them dying, not even a 30% assembling or something like the skeletons, because no one will ever use gold mechs to push against a stronger player with them, unless they have too deep pockets

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:18 pm

Black wrote:
I have gold XI mechs, its been the same squad i have had for 2 months, no one has been able to kill them yet, i use them every single time i siege and if i fight someone with same or lower power than myself. (Im too greedy to use them against someone higher than myself)

Plus note here: they single handedly killed the dragon in stage 80 in the void, they tanked him for the whole fight while there were gold XII snipers and gold XII spiders on them and just chipped away on the dragon, took them 30-40 seconds to slay the dragon with 0 supporting troops. Then there were still 3 left in the troop with more than half their hp left.

I find them to be VERY strong, best tanking unit in my opinion, i also have researched every single defensive upgrade available up to academy lvl 10.

But it still ruins the point that you have 100% chance of them dying, not even a 30% assembling or something like the skeletons, because no one will ever use gold mechs to push against a stronger player with them, unless they have too deep pockets

I wouldn't commend so much on skeletons. They can do poison damage which can be countered by priests, and decrease morale which can be countered by morale immune units. While there's a chance for them to be resurrected in the garrison, they can't be resurrected in a normal battlefield.

Scrap collection would be suitable for mechs returning a % of their resources. But I think re-training is too convenient compare to hospital queues.

Black
Knight
Knight

Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:26 pm

Shu wrote:
Black wrote:

I wouldn't commend so much on skeletons. They can do poison damage which can be countered by priests, and decrease morale which can be countered by morale immune units. While there's a chance for them to be resurrected in the garrison, they can't be resurrected in a normal battlefield.

Scrap collection would be suitable for mechs returning a % of their resources. But I think re-training is too convenient compare to hospital queues.

I thought they had % too on the battlefield, but the scrap is a nice idea, even with the cost reducing research golds cost 664 mithril and 5640 gold, and seeing as a full squad is 5 this is about 3k mithril and 26k gold..
so an obivious way to make the % of returned resources would be to set the same % as disbanding them

P3ch
Squire
Squire

Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:58 pm

Black wrote:

Plus note here: they single handedly killed the dragon in stage 80 in the void [...]

Well that's quite impressive.
Do you have Gafgar or Jacques to buff those mechs?
And did u fight vs lich buffed by high lvl gan?

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:44 am

Wait, the +% damage vs Mech/Summons/Giants isn't only for the hero equipping the item?

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:53 am

ddelucca wrote:
Wait, the +% damage vs Mech/Summons/Giants isn't only for the hero equipping the item?

It is a hero buff only. Troops don't get this bonus.
Server 94
Void - 120, Abyss 495
House: Icarum, Gods of War

Black
Knight
Knight

Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:39 pm

P3ch wrote:
Black wrote:

Plus note here: they single handedly killed the dragon in stage 80 in the void [...]

Well that's quite impressive.
Do you have Gafgar or Jacques to buff those mechs?
And did u fight vs lich buffed by high lvl gan?

I have not tried against someone with high level Gan, but otherwise lich players were never really a problem for me as every lich in my server was significally lower power. I use Gafgar with the +% to their HP. I tried the heal but it is VERY VERY bad, i believe it is a fixed amount of hp not %, i cannot even see the damaged mechs HP go up during the full duration of the skill in max lvl for lvl 30. But very noticeable HP +% when i take him in and out of the field in things like the Void