Zuri
Squire
Squire

Re: Void Mirror - initial feedback

Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:24 am

Phoenix64 wrote:
I'm not disagreeing with any part of your post (reading over it, I agree with everything), but I still feel it is still virtually impossible within the constraints of the game (as a free player) to Perfect some of the later Time Trials for Lich without borrowing, even with a massive Avalon and Virion. Lich's PvP advantage isn't as strong as it used to be.

Lich's strength is mainly drawn out fights so the time rushes feel out of place. That is the benefit of having no moral and spiderlings spawning from spiders to tank for you once scorps die off. I wish they would have maybe made race by race adjustments, but I could see that being unfair for leaderboard reasons and people recently switching from another race. Either or it is frustrating as lich in high-level time trials.

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:27 am

dorianGREY wrote:
Shu wrote:
Anyone else find some of the challenge stages way too much? like kill these in 15 seconds then adds a full set of tanks and a full set of army around 50~60, early 60s were okay.

Meanwhile, the borrowing mechanic may sound like a positive team play experience for some people. It's not always applicable when you have different timezone or have an inactive member with the golds you need. I say re-balance the challenges based on the race you're currently playing and remove the borrowing.

sounds like you need to ask and be patient with people in different timezones (being aussie I find I am quite often not in the main play time) and if they are inactive then you need to change teams like you have suggested in other posts, get a better team ;)

I don't think you're seeing the bigger picture here. Patience is not required when you have different timezone. It just doesn't work easily and not considering the amount of time the player has for the game. There are players who works best as an individual and without relying so much on the power of others.

You're a Lich and you know this right? Broken spider AI and no speed boost morale to compete with timer challenges. I also understand other races that are having trouble with no casualties. If I were to suggest, give the no casualties to Lich and the timer to Humanoids. I hope you don't think too much about this.

Also, I never said that I'm unable to borrow units? Hello? You seem to assumed that I'm unable to. We'll you're definitely wrong, because I'm doing fine and I'm only concerned to some players who are unable to. My post's purpose was a mere comment to protest re-balance. What happen to empathy?

If you suggest leaving the house and the cities people are holding(changing team) just for the sake of borrowing, then you are indeed a special person. You're forgetting this is a different discussion? You can't just connect what I said on the other topic because that was a different situation. I hope you're not low-key bitter. ;)

Phoenix64 wrote:
Not sure how to link quotes, sorry. Shu's post is a few before my own, for anyone looking.
The difficulty is meant to escalate quickly so as to make every ~5 levels a significant boost in difficulty, so if some challenges can't be completed with a full army, that's to be expected. I just don't get how Lich (no, I am not Lich) is supposed to compete without borrowing when 15 seconds is not enough time for any of their melee troops to reach the backline even with a clear path.

I agree with your post completely. I don't think that a minimum level castle should be able to push through multiple levels past where they should be because a whale can lend them Level 13 Golds. But if borrowing is removed, adapt each challenge for each race. It's a lot more work for Lilith, but it doesn't make a lot of sense for one race to be so severely handicapped without borrowing.

You said it yourself, "escalate quickly" and if you're game designing for a stage by stage challenge, escalating quickly is not normal. Because you're not iPhone, you do stage 1, 2, 3 and so on, you don't go 7, 8, 100 and skip 9.

Don't expect everyone in the game has a friendly whale that can lend them T13 Gold Units. How convenient. You seem to have been spoon fed by so much? I'm only suggesting the re-balance of the stages/challenges as I feel there's a need for it. The developers can't rely the difficulty of the stages in the Void just because people are able to borrow what? 3 units? Borrow is only meant to support and not act as a main mechanic for us to complete/perfect stages.

Lastly, I do appreciate everyone's reaction to my teenie-bit concern.

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:33 pm

lol
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

HamishQuiros
Squire
Squire

Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:16 am

It was ideal to peruse your article, I have gone through hours hoping to peruse something intriguing, at long last discovered your amazing post. You should pay for essay to improve your composing abilities. I need to share supportive articles and websites to keep individuals engaged.