Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Void Mirror - initial feedback

Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:29 am

I really enjoyed my first foray into the void mirror. The options to try and perfect each challenge really made things more interesting. So far i got to stage 36 on my first run and managed to perfect 35 - i missed one of the timed ones because i was trying to be stingy with the amount of heroes i deployed.

How far have other people gotten so far and what do you all think of it?

Also does anyone with PTR experience know how many stages it goes up to in total?

Another question - do people think the best strategy is to try and perfect each encounter or just to conserve energy and get through as many as possible? Personally i am going for perfecting as many as possible.

Also i am currently saving all of my adamantium dropped for just purchasing heroes and for whatever the shops further in offer - i have a suspicion its better as you go in.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Re: Void Mirror - initial feedback

Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:00 am

When you perfect a challenge it means you don't ever have to fight it again, meaning next time you just get the rewards on the ground and save hero energy.
I enjoy it so far but trying to get no casualties against sharpshooters is a bit frustrating due to the crit mechanic.
Highest I have seen;
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

Sparkles
Knight
Knight

Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:32 pm

My thoughts on the void are very positive but I would much prefer to see no troop loans allowed for it ala Tactics School.

Rajjeq
Knight
Knight

Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:16 pm

Let me guess, you are a fairly powerful player? You don't have to take a troop loan, and I didn't, but some could use it. I see no problem with it.

Sparkles
Knight
Knight

Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:00 pm

Rajjeq wrote:
Let me guess, you are a fairly powerful player? You don't have to take a troop loan, and I didn't, but some could use it. I see no problem with it.

This was my reasoning i posted earlier in the discord:

"I feel quite strongly that the void should not allow troop loans, the same as the tactics school. It invalidates the leader board aspect - the void leader board is no longer a measure of individual strength - and it encourages the creation of alts and it rewards all of those players with same kingdom alts that rock full gold armies that they lend to their main."

As someone fairly competitive I enjoyed the old tactics school leader board as a measure of individual strength and (if you were lucky enough to be on a server without mega whales like myself) skill. The Void leader board could fill that gap. Having loans certainly doesn't ruin anything, I would just get more enjoyment out of it if loans weren't allowed.

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:28 pm

If they will remove the borrowing of units, they should adjust the challenge's difficulty. I haven't try borrowing units so I don't know how easy it can be. So far my experience in Void Mirror is positive, and it's really nice to have more PvE into the game.

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:36 pm

Shu wrote:
If they will remove the borrowing of units, they should adjust the challenge's difficulty. I haven't try borrowing units so I don't know how easy it can be. So far my experience in Void Mirror is positive, and it's really nice to have more PvE into the game.

You can borrow 6 packs, enter the void for the first time a day and save the reflection, then give back to the house members and they can give to others. It's not a very good system since some golds will make a huge difference (aka horses on challenges with timers, blasters on 24 packs and mechs on casualties challenges)

But maybe that's how they planned it, they want you to borrow.

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:42 pm

Hiems wrote:
Shu wrote:

You can borrow 6 packs, enter the void for the first time a day and save the reflection, then give back to the house members and they can give to others. It's not a very good system since some golds will make a huge difference (aka horses on challenges with timers, blasters on 24 packs and mechs on casualties challenges)

That seems very exploity and not intended, using the reflection mechanic to effectively dupe troops for everyone.

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:50 pm

ddelucca wrote:
Hiems wrote:
Shu wrote:

That seems very exploity and not intended, using the reflection mechanic to effectively dupe troops for everyone.

Why? There's no reason to hold the troops.

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:07 pm

Hiems wrote:

Thanks, I will try that on my next run. The only challenge I'm having problem as a pure Lich is the 20-16 sec timer since they don't have the morale boost to speed things up and Spider AI is just the worst.