ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Re: China needs to be separate

Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:10 am

I don't understand why change servers. I was automatically placed in one and plan to stick with it, especially as I don't mind spending in a game according to how many hours of entertainment I'm getting out of it. But judging by the amount of servers, I guess that's kinda intended. Get people to hop in, spend and see if they can be the best, and if they don't like it they just repeat it on the next day on another new server.

This said, I really wouldn't enjoy being adjacent to a kingdom with 300k power players in a week. The level of cash spent to achieve that is simply disgusting and should have been capped somehow. You would be fighting against someone that you wouldn't even be able to attack as the power requirement is impossible. Here in 118, it's a bit more than a week old and top 5 is ~90k, top 10 is ~80k, top 50 is ~65k. Apart from top 5 who is probably spending quite a bit on building speed, it still doesn't feel something impossible to fight against with a castle only 1 level higher.

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:35 am

They announced on Facebook that they will be merging servers soon. So, hopping servers to lose all your progress just to seek more players or restart just to fix small mistakes are just silly. The big question is how will they do it considering there's conflicting multiple accounts per realm.

It sucks for people having to face the 300k player on one of the latest server. Well, it's the essence of P2W after all.

Conquest
Squire
Squire

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:01 am

You seems like someone loving challenge, i dare you to go on one of this server and be the 50 vs 300k guy, maybe you would understand the frustration.

They would'nt be a problem if we could indeed "choose our fights" and just ignore them, but when you have a group of 5 people like that going from town to town, destroying every city because i don't know, they must have fun with that, this make me regret the 60$ i put in this server.

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:09 am

Sorry to disappoint you I've already fought whales in my server, right now he is at max city level. I'm trying to get to max city as well to be able to compete with him more and I'm not the type of person who usually hop servers. Well, merges are coming soon. And I wouldn't be replying in the first place if I haven't experienced what you all have been through.

How about I dare you to stay and survive like I did? Can you do it?

Conquest
Squire
Squire

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:00 am

You definetly got answer to everything everybody is saying in here, don't you feel like the only one here agreeing with yourself ?

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:02 am

Er actually i agree with Shu. I am at castle lvl 32 and enjoying playing on an old server with lots of whales. I love the whales - they are great to raid for resources.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

Conquest
Squire
Squire

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:10 am

We are speaking about the new servers, the more you play a server, the less the gap is, that i agree.

But if we all are forced to stay in capitale, what's the point ?

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:28 am

New server with strong whales right from the start certainly presents a challenge and a tough one at that. I don't think it is an insurmountable one though, as having good game knowledge is actually more important then pure power - the biggest issue is if the whale is semi smart and gets Jaques and spends loads on making Jaques into a beast, there is not much that can be done about that. Best thing you can do is when you start the server start it with a bunch of friends as their are many 'tricks' you can do to raid the whales even early, e.g. loaning gold mummies around your house and using the summoned lichs to raid with.

I suppose the biggest issue i see with the whales on these new Chinese servers is that it makes the game less casual friendly. Literally all the ways to counter whales involve you being smarter and better players then them.

Potential solution for people who want to get used to the game - make new servers where you can only buy patron but the castle cap is lvl 20 - and then after X amount of time that server gets merged into a proper server like everyone else.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Shu. It's not one whale at 300k in a week it's entire large groups of whales in their owns houses on servers. You can't fight that. May as well call them whale servers. It's 100xworse than 61. And 61 crushed the hopes and dreams of normal free to play players in two days.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:40 pm

I appreciate that you specified some of the details but I just made him an example don't worry. If that's the case I'm sure other opposing whales will be doing the same thing if merge hits them. Which might take a long time considering how far early servers are. (And since we don't know how the merge works yet, we can't say much about it.)