Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Rank resource nodes

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:17 pm

I am wondering how people rank the resource nodes.
I rank them; Wood(research & building) > Gold (Shop) > Rare Resources > Ruins > Elixir
Please let me know what you think and why.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

VildAnd
Squire
Squire

Re: Rank resource nodes

Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:38 am

In what way do you mean rank?
What nodes I do first when I log on?
What nodes I prioritize when taking a city?
What nodes I try to disrupt for enemies?
What nodes there are too few of?
What nodes have the prettiest graphics?

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:03 am

For me it is Rare resource>>>>
Wood>
Gold>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Elixir

I need the rare resources as i am a dwarf who runs mechs + deploys 3 gold units of rockets and i PvP a lot. I never lose the troops in a duel but i am often used as the garrison breaker for our side and when you go up against 3 gold human archers at lvl 10 it can hurt.

Wood is by far the best of the other resources - elixir really has lost its niche now that research uses all types of resources.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:15 pm

VildAnd wrote:
In what way do you mean rank?
What nodes I do first when I log on?
What nodes I prioritize when taking a city?
What nodes I try to disrupt for enemies?
What nodes there are too few of?
What nodes have the prettiest graphics?

All of the above are factors in your decision for ranking the resource. But mostly "What nodes I prioritize when taking a city?"
The new map is pretty even when it comes to the early game, but 1 kingdom has 5 rrs 2wood 2 gold and 0 elixir but another has 4 rrs, 1 wood, 3 gold and 2 elixir so which one would you pick because of the "given" nodes at the start of the game?
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

shyke
Knight
Knight

Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:23 pm

Lumber > dungeons > gold > mithril > crystals > diamonds > elixir, nothing is as valuable as lumber since even sitting on a citadel the lumber check is so extremely tight though admittedly I haven't finished tactics 2 at 18 because i haven't needed all of it and I still have tactics 3 left so its not too bad but still the lumber generation isn't enough for unlocking research that requires lumber because its cost is way too drastic causing you to completely pause building up tiers or just skipping the research all together because you will fall behind on tiers too much.

On 100 a know someone that had to stop building for a few days to unlock gold sieges causing them to fall behind me by 2 tiers atleast when they were a good few hours ahead. That to me is pretty unacceptable due to how important tiers are in this game and it only gets worse 20+.