Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Discussion on the latest Developer diary 'Mirrors'

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:02 pm

Posted this to give some feedback on the latest dev diary and to allow other people to do so.

General thoughts:
Personally i really like the idea of a mirror realm as an endgame PvE type content in the way it is presented. I already think that the tactics school is a great part of the game but that once it has been completed the game feels like it is missing something.

More specific ideas:
1. You mention that once Heroes run out of energy or troops die you would have to leave the realm - again this is something i like - if you do this then please make it so that potions of any type cannot be used in the mirror realm or someone who has saved 100 or so potions has a massive advantage.
2. Some sort of cross server leader board would be fantastic
3. Somehow tie the mirror realm stuff to the current quests in the normal realm - there are lots of different ways to do this - i just like the idea of those quests having more meaning in the late game.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

Sparkles
Knight
Knight

Re: Discussion on the latest Developer diary 'Mirrors'

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:22 pm

I love this idea. I have been calling for genuine content to be added to the game for some time and this is exactly that.

My one major request is to PLEASE let this have the same rules as tactics school in regards to not allowing borrowed troops so those with ten alt accounts can't rig the system. I am fairly certain that this will be the plan anyway.

I would also like to see super troops barred (and i say this as the lord of a giant city) to provide some degree of equality.

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:46 pm

Sparkles wrote:
I love this idea. I have been calling for genuine content to be added to the game for some time and this is exactly that.

My one major request is to PLEASE let this have the same rules as tactics school in regards to not allowing borrowed troops so those with ten alt accounts can't rig the system. I am fairly certain that this will be the plan anyway.

I would also like to see super troops barred (and i say this as the lord of a giant city) to provide some degree of equality.

this.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

dablu
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:28 pm

I hope Mirror dimension will give new purpose for bronze troops, that are useless in mid and late game. I.e. first stages of Mirrors could be passed with bronze to save silver and gold troops for more difficult stages. Or probably some stages would have extra conditions to be passed with bronze only.
AoC tools http://aoc.gold - calculators and army formation builder

Fawksito
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi guys,

I dont really like this setup, the main IDEA is to make us fight more between alliances/kingdoms etc, make a MIRROR Realm MAP, where every player of 3 realms will be able to go, for 3 days or something each week (say friday, sat and sunday), in this realm you will put some places to hold, players will claim rewards depending on the time you hold the places. If you make this a thing between kingdoms it would be epic. Make the 'holds' using the capturing feature so only duels allowed, if you loose troops on the mirror realm those are gone.

It would be awesome if you guys encourage team play and objectives as a team, instead of single player pve.
BOOM

Rajjeq
Knight
Knight

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:19 pm

Also, would be great if you could use this same technology to allow friendly duels with no troop loss, including same kingdom people.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:39 pm

Fawksito wrote:
Hi guys,

I dont really like this setup, the main IDEA is to make us fight more between alliances/kingdoms etc, make a MIRROR Realm MAP, where every player of 3 realms will be able to go, for 3 days or something each week (say friday, sat and sunday), in this realm you will put some places to hold, players will claim rewards depending on the time you hold the places. If you make this a thing between kingdoms it would be epic. Make the 'holds' using the capturing feature so only duels allowed, if you loose troops on the mirror realm those are gone.

It would be awesome if you guys encourage team play and objectives as a team, instead of single player pve.

Someone didn't read the diary. It's a daily event quest basically. You go in with a set amount of energy and troops it will take you no longer than an hour to complete or fail it.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Rajjeq wrote:
Also, would be great if you could use this same technology to allow friendly duels with no troop loss, including same kingdom people.

Yes please I need this so much for testing purposes so I can better write the guides.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Fawksito
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:36 pm

Zinek wrote:
Fawksito wrote:
Hi guys,

Someone didn't read the diary. It's a daily event quest basically. You go in with a set amount of energy and troops it will take you no longer than an hour to complete or fail it.

I read the diary, thats why im asking them to make us fight more as a team not in single player PVE. That sucks.
BOOM

OIO
Knight
Knight

Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:58 pm

dablu wrote:
I hope Mirror dimension will give new purpose for bronze troops, that are useless in mid and late game. I.e. first stages of Mirrors could be passed with bronze to save silver and gold troops for more difficult stages. Or probably some stages would have extra conditions to be passed with bronze only.

I'm not realy sure what your talking about, at HQ 33, I use bronze scorps more then I ever use gold. Its mostly why I'm always down 50-80k power since I have 550 bronze scorps constantly needing repair.