User avatar
Zinek
Baron
Baron
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:05 pm

Fawksito wrote:
shyke wrote:
Fawksito wrote:
Lich have to use this 4 troops in order to win atm, is not as easy as some patch before, i have one human Acc , castle 32, and one Lich castle 31, on both accs im around top 1X. Dueling at this points is all about what units to use and and where, there are some common setups that people use (lets call it meta) but when you start merging other troops the meta starts to crumble and is all about positioning. I do believe that your point of view is based on the lack of experience on dueling or probably youre in a realm that dont have a lot of action in pvp.

I can have 6 Gold spiders atm but i use 3 Gold spiders, 2Gold mummies and the rest are gold skellies, they are bananas.


I have tons of experience dueling just not at 30+ tier because all the servers i play on implode by that time the highest i've gotten to was 25 before the whale was at tier 33 when everyone else was 24-25 with a few other whales at 28/29. Before that i got to 23 before a whale killed off everyone with his wallet by destroying every single castle 20+ garrison every 2 days to stay ahead and basically killed off the server by himself. As for dueling experience I can easily tell you no matter what you run if you run into a 80might/20stam jacques you will lose unless you are atleast 2 unit tiers ahead or if you have a jacques himself its absurd. For all the f2p playing mass spiders and spamming summons into the backline while ignoring open favor is generally the best way to win as lich v human since 90% of the humans that know whats going on opens favor you just choke them with units as your 4 gold spider + mass silvers in the back delay the front while in the back is getting shredded by summons. I've easily beaten humans fielding 4 golds on me plus full silver without me fielding any golds at all its sort of a joke how easy it is, if you place swords properly you'll shred them into pieces like a joke.


A good human will shred you with enough horses to destroy scorpions, so there is where the Skellies go, they tank the charge and spears since they are 30 targets to mitigate skills. I do understand the thing about Jaques but believe me the summonings works awesome vs him, got a friend with a Jacques that have around 90 might and all you need to do is make Virion sit on front and summon the swordsman on him, he will explode without doing anything important. (i would like to say i have experience vs dwarves but nope)
Its a strategy game, and every race is strong enough to beat you really bad.


I don't believe you for a second. As 90 might provides such a high amount of armour that the swords will do nearly 0 damage to him. We need a magic caster summon on gazul to counter jacques as he can not get a high magic stat.

I don't think you fought a 80 might 20+ stamina jacques before and if your friend has his jacques wth 90 might dying to sword summon I would have to guess he is castle 30+ and the sword summon is rank xiii or something. We fight 80 might jacques at castle 12. Summoning rank VI silver swords does not even tickle these monsters.

This problem will also get worse before it gets better with the next patch better items will come into the game and all items won't have level requirements so jacques will be stronger earlier than ever before.

On top of this Lilith is launching their hero chests 300 linari one free chest every 2 days on ptr and it's coming to live. Guess which hero is first. Jacques. Guess who's gonna be running around with 80 might jacques on day 1? Everyone will. Be.

There will literally be no reason to build an army. On the server that releases when that two week event happens it's going to be literal cancer.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293
 
User avatar
Fawksito
Baron
Baron
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:17 pm

Zinek wrote:
Fawksito wrote:
shyke wrote:

I have tons of experience dueling just not at 30+ tier because all the servers i play on implode by that time the highest i've gotten to was 25 before the whale was at tier 33 when everyone else was 24-25 with a few other whales at 28/29. Before that i got to 23 before a whale killed off everyone with his wallet by destroying every single castle 20+ garrison every 2 days to stay ahead and basically killed off the server by himself. As for dueling experience I can easily tell you no matter what you run if you run into a 80might/20stam jacques you will lose unless you are atleast 2 unit tiers ahead or if you have a jacques himself its absurd. For all the f2p playing mass spiders and spamming summons into the backline while ignoring open favor is generally the best way to win as lich v human since 90% of the humans that know whats going on opens favor you just choke them with units as your 4 gold spider + mass silvers in the back delay the front while in the back is getting shredded by summons. I've easily beaten humans fielding 4 golds on me plus full silver without me fielding any golds at all its sort of a joke how easy it is, if you place swords properly you'll shred them into pieces like a joke.


A good human will shred you with enough horses to destroy scorpions, so there is where the Skellies go, they tank the charge and spears since they are 30 targets to mitigate skills. I do understand the thing about Jaques but believe me the summonings works awesome vs him, got a friend with a Jacques that have around 90 might and all you need to do is make Virion sit on front and summon the swordsman on him, he will explode without doing anything important. (i would like to say i have experience vs dwarves but nope)
Its a strategy game, and every race is strong enough to beat you really bad.


I don't believe you for a second. As 90 might provides such a high amount of armour that the swords will do nearly 0 damage to him. We need a magic caster summon on gazul to counter jacques as he can not get a high magic stat.

I don't think you fought a 80 might 20+ stamina jacques before and if your friend has his jacques wth 90 might dying to sword summon I would have to guess he is castle 30+ and the sword summon is rank xiii or something. We fight 80 might jacques at castle 12. Summoning rank VI silver swords does not even tickle these monsters.

This problem will also get worse before it gets better with the next patch better items will come into the game and all items won't have level requirements so jacques will be stronger earlier than ever before.

On top of this Lilith is launching their hero chests 300 linari one free chest every 2 days on ptr and it's coming to live. Guess which hero is first. Jacques. Guess who's gonna be running around with 80 might jacques on day 1? Everyone will. Be.

There will literally be no reason to build an army. On the server that releases when that two week event happens it's going to be literal cancer.


1) The command on my Virion is around 62, yes he is castle 29 and im 31 so i can say Swords on this lvl pwn him.
2) Yes the items are going to be a must see first.
3) i dont get this one can you explain ?
4) I keep thinking everything is beatable, depends on you research and how you use your units.
BOOM
 
User avatar
shyke
Knight
Knight
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:26 am

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:43 pm

Wait what you field skellies against humans in duels? You do realize that the horse charge is aoe and hits more units on skelly lines so instead of 1-2 getting hit by the charge up to 4-6 get hit amplifying the damage the horse charges do, not only that horses do more dps to small units so the skellies last less of a time the only saving grace that the skellies have is that they are a 30 pack so archer damage is cut down a bit due to them shooting and units dieing mid arrow flight so they don't do anything.

And lets not even talk about the hard counter to skellies that every human runs and that is priests using their tactical nukes to explode 10 skellies at a time its literally the only time the priests do damage and silvers one shot silver skellies on the same tier quite easily and usually do a ton if not killing gold skellies with holy blast. Even if they live against the holy blast they are now stunned due to the new research making them essentially punching bags with overall less hp than scorpions do. And this is before taking into account that scorpions take half magic damage because of magical beast considering the pros and cons of each there's no way using skellies as a front line over scorps versus humans its insane you cant even heal the skellies if you wanted to which makes them even worse incase you run vega favor.

But we are getting far off topic here rakans look like they could be fun it mainly depends on what resource the units cost and how much their actives cost from what i heard it was some absurd cost not worth the resources for the effect you get but i'll have to see i don't have access to the ptr so i can't check any research unit traits or anything that isn't linked in some form it's rather irritating.
 
VildAnd
Squire
Squire
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:49 am

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:56 am

NEFERAK555 wrote:
Rakkan are NINJA'S & TURTLES from the EAST we expect them to be all. SENSEI

rather since Rakkan have LOW HP WEAK ARMOUR that makes them easy to kill !

Monks may have slightly lower HP than swordsman, but with a dragon turtle, they have higher.
Gold Monks flying kick gives them damage reduction for 10 seconds, and it separates a few from the main group, which is an excellent course to AOE, like cavalry.
Ninjas are excellent for taking out the healers and bowman, or simply bypassing broodlings to kill the spiders.
All Rakan run as fast as horses, so they are quick to follow up.

All in all they do pretty well, but it's a more active battle, with lots of expensive active ability.

In my current test setup I use 7 groups of ninjas, they are flying everywhere.
 
User avatar
NEFERAK555
Knight
Knight
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:44 pm

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:14 am

VildAnd wrote:
NEFERAK555 wrote:
Rakkan are NINJA'S & TURTLES from the EAST we expect them to be all. SENSEI

rather since Rakkan have LOW HP WEAK ARMOUR that makes them easy to kill !

Monks may have slightly lower HP than swordsman, but with a dragon turtle, they have higher.
Gold Monks flying kick gives them damage reduction for 10 seconds, and it separates a few from the main group, which is an excellent course to AOE, like cavalry.
Ninjas are excellent for taking out the healers and bowman, or simply bypassing broodlings to kill the spiders.
All Rakan run as fast as horses, so they are quick to follow up.

All in all they do pretty well, but it's a more active battle, with lots of expensive active ability.

In my current test setup I use 7 groups of ninjas, they are flying everywhere.


My you've done ur research well good work!

I still think SYLPHS have a rather better survivability than the Rakkans Turtle's !
ROYAL ARCHIVES RESET
ACADEMY UPGRADES
MAP RESET




 
User avatar
Axxar
Squire
Squire
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:06 am

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:14 pm

Does anyone know what rare ressources are needed for what units for the rakan race ?
Axxar - Athaly #101 - https://youtu.be/ECTrrFqTvI4
 
VildAnd
Squire
Squire
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:49 am

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:17 pm

Axxar wrote:
Does anyone know what rare ressources are needed for what units for the rakan race ?

Monk + crossbow men = blood
Ninjas + turtles = mithrill
Samurai + catapult thingy = diamonds
 
User avatar
Julianus
Knight
Knight
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:06 am

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:24 pm

VildAnd wrote:
Axxar wrote:
Does anyone know what rare ressources are needed for what units for the rakan race ?

Monk + crossbow men = blood
Ninjas + turtles = mithrill
Samurai + catapult thingy = diamonds


guess you meant crystals with diamonds?
If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.
-Julius Caesar
 
VildAnd
Squire
Squire
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:49 am

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:26 pm

Yes, sorry
 
Hoffman72510
Baron
Baron
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:45 pm

I think people are being extremely premature with the assumption that Rakan will be weak. It takes time and testing to figure out the best comps vs everything. People see a one sided video and take it as gospel.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests