User avatar
Hiems
Baron
Baron
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:39 pm

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:39 pm

Aluminara wrote:
Just changed race so I have more info, turtles are 4x5 which is the same as a super unit.
And Crossbowmen are 4x4.


What you think about the race?
 
Muanh
Squire
Squire
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:45 pm

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:42 pm

VildAnd wrote:
The rakan in this last video uses samurai as front line unit, and he does not appear to have researched poison immunity for the monks, so this is a really bad example of what rakan can do vs lich.


So what should samurai be used for? Since monks are the same resource as crossbow, should you not use crossbowman?
 
Hoffman72510
Baron
Baron
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:01 pm

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:46 pm

Pretty sure merc ninjas don't have mirror image.
 
User avatar
Fawksito
Baron
Baron
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:54 pm

VildAnd wrote:
The rakan in this last video uses samurai as front line unit, and he does not appear to have researched poison immunity for the monks, so this is a really bad example of what rakan can do vs lich.


also Rank VII vs RANK IX ? Rofl thats madness
BOOM
 
User avatar
shyke
Knight
Knight
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:26 am

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:24 pm

Suprise t8/7 units lose to an army of t9 lich its not suprising in the least and I'm pretty sure the poison immunity is only on gold monks from what I saw from pictures but I don't have access to the ptr so i can't even see what their units cost and all of it is second hand information.

But yeah t8/7 armies shouldn't ever beat a t9 army in a duel especially looking at the unit comp in that video.
 
User avatar
Fawksito
Baron
Baron
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:42 pm

shyke wrote:
Suprise t8/7 units lose to an army of t9 lich its not suprising in the least and I'm pretty sure the poison immunity is only on gold monks from what I saw from pictures but I don't have access to the ptr so i can't even see what their units cost and all of it is second hand information.

But yeah t8/7 armies shouldn't ever beat a t9 army in a duel especially looking at the unit comp in that video.


Also the rakan is running every troop they have, vs a well positioned Lich, is not only the difference of power is the difference of setup too, the Special Units are not actualy good on duels either, too much space wasted :/
BOOM
 
Muanh
Squire
Squire
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:45 pm

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:52 pm

So would samurai ninja crossbow be good units to use? Since I think ninja are middle range crossbow are longer range and samurai are front-line
 
User avatar
shyke
Knight
Knight
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:26 am

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:03 pm

Fawksito wrote:
Also the rakan is running every troop they have, vs a well positioned Lich, is not only the difference of power is the difference of setup too, the Special Units are not actualy good on duels either, too much space wasted :/



Lich doesn't really have positions they only have two units they use majority of the time, as for supers they generally are the best thing to kill spiders on same tier fights they are really tanky and they usually 2 shot silver spiders. That is of course for the human/lich ones the dwarf one is a siege thing and I haven't looked at the rakan one to really know what it does.
 
User avatar
Aluminara
Baron
Baron
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:48 am

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:37 am

Muanh wrote:
So would samurai ninja crossbow be good units to use? Since I think ninja are middle range crossbow are longer range and samurai are front-line


Seems like it. The turtle might be good, but they are too big and costly for PvP, they also only heal allies hit by their breath attack. Monks have less hp than Samurai but can be immune to poison so maybe just Monk and Ninja. Use the Crystal for Siege weapons.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing
 
User avatar
Aluminara
Baron
Baron
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:48 am

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:44 am

Hiems wrote:
Aluminara wrote:
Just changed race so I have more info, turtles are 4x5 which is the same as a super unit.
And Crossbowmen are 4x4.


What you think about the race?


Neither of the frontline units are good and the turtles are too big and costly.
Something of "big" note is that anything that is wood research for other races is elixir for Rakan and vise verser (elixir is wood) i.e level 1 Archer is elixir but level 1 Crossbowmen is wood and level 2 Archer is wood but level 2 Crossbowmen is elixir. Both level 3 Archer and Crossbowmen are gold.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 13 guests