Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:27 pm

Samurai (Spearmen research slot) Sorry only saw Bronze. Size - 3x5 (Same as Spearman)
Crossbowmen (Archer research slot) Size - 4x4
Monk (Swordsmen research slot) Size - 3x5 (Same as Spearman)
Ninja (Cavalry research slot) Size - 3x3 (Same as saints)
Turtle (Saint research slot) ?Size - 4x5 (Same as superunits)
Last edited by Aluminara on Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

Blueynoes
Squire
Squire

Re: Small look at Rakan (unit SS and 1 battle video)

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:27 pm

Any idea on their power level? The rakanese ninjas mercs are the weakest unit in the game so seeing them take up a slot on the main rakan army is concerning... unless ts just the same graphic

Also, how are the unit cooldowns? Seperate from hero cooldowns or from eachother, or do they all share 1 cooldown making them unusable? Since they all seem to have actives

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:40 pm

The power you can see in the pics, under their squad size next to the power symbol (Gold sword with thing behind it)
Yes, the ninjas from the camp are the same for this army.
The "Ale" activation is separate from hero abilities and you have to click on the ale then the unit you want the ability used.

Zuri
Squire
Squire

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:16 pm

Seems like Gurus are going to be extremely good against lich. Need to see gold units before saying they are the new pvp meta, but from what I just saw it looks promising.

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:50 pm

This lich player shouldn't be taken as base for commentaries. As far as I can see they're a worst version of human and made for borrow/support purposes. I may be wrong, but I don't see any use for Rakan besides the support role (which is a interesting new role in my opinion)

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:27 pm

Hiems wrote:
This lich player shouldn't be taken as base for commentaries. As far as I can see they're a worst version of human and made for borrow/support purposes. I may be wrong, but I don't see any use for Rakan besides the support role (which is a interesting new role in my opinion)

That's fair. Can't base anything of 1 result. Looks like the patch will be going live soon and hopefully we will see more.

Blueynoes
Squire
Squire

Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:38 pm

Couple of things I'm noticing:

1. The Rakanese player spent 2000 elixir during that fight. That's a LOT for 1 battle! If Rakan relies on actives to make them tick, this would make them quite weak in siege as you have to spend.

2. Battle Lust sounds weird. It doubles the effectiveness of War Drums. But War drums only lasts the first 15 seconds and the cooldown at the start of the battle is like 5. So unless I use this as the very first ability in a fight, this ability is useless? Additionally, it doubles the effectiveness for 15 seconds.. but what if there's less than 15 seconds remaining or it's not there at all, does it simply recast it? Confusing. Pity they're still introducing new mechanics that confuse.

3. Actives, actives everywhere. If I deploy a full 12-legion Rakan army, I could have up to 16 additional active abilities. That's too much.

Guess we'll see. Not too happy about the elixir cost.

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:02 pm

Here's a video against a decent lich player with the Rakan guy using super unit. They do a decent amount of damage but for being a 24 pack, with the exception of ninja, they suffer from the same problem as spearsman/swordsman (but with less HP so the situation is even worst). The turtle seems to be basically a big thing with a good HP just to buff other troops without any other use, and this thing costs 35 army cap (again, I may be wrong but that's what it looks like)

For the note, I don't know what's the amount of research the Rakan is using on the video, but it shows that the VII gold ninja is a 15 unit pack, having 4900 hp and 4400 attack, while my gold VI swordsman is a 24 pack with 5260 hp and 4800 attack each unit and on another account I have miners (12 unit pack) and my VII gold miners are 16.94k HP and 10300 attack each unit. So it's a very very very low stat on the ninja.

VildAnd
Squire
Squire

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:12 am

The rakan in this last video uses samurai as front line unit, and he does not appear to have researched poison immunity for the monks, so this is a really bad example of what rakan can do vs lich.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:53 am

Just changed race so I have more info, turtles are 4x5 which is the same as a super unit.
And Crossbowmen are 4x4.