Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Re: Devs - Please remove wood as a research cost

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:33 am

Bhaphomet wrote:
There is a very easy remedy to this, which would solve a few other probelms on top:

Let PvE battles respawn at a certain rate at the level of the players castle (just like dailies do).

Now developers can balance out which ressource needs to be respawned the most until a good balance is found.

This way we have another way to level up heroes as well, which really starts to become difficult once you have emptied the whole world map and dont have any PvE fight left anymore.

Devs of games like this are way too much focused on making revenue than to come up with easy solutions like this, cause they fear people will buy less ressources in the shop ... instead of finding other good ways to make revenue. Each and every ftp game I ever played suffers from this illness. Developers blindness towards an rewarding and satisfying gameplay ... in the end we play to have fun, but devs build the game to make money not to deliver the best gaming experience.

I do see your point, I just think of the stamina problem it would create.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

Last
Squire
Squire

Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:44 am

Well lower energy and mana respawn time and everything is solved.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:19 am

Last wrote:
Well lower energy and mana respawn time and everything is solved.

Then you run into either need to increase the stamina base cap or making people "Loss sleep" because they want to use all their stamina so it isn't wasted.

dablu
Baron
Baron

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:19 pm

No, do not remove wood. It's better that some resources are scarce and some not
AoC tools http://aoc.gold - calculators and army formation builder

Rajjeq
Knight
Knight

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:28 pm

We already have scarce resources. Mithril, crystal, and diamonds. Making wood wildly more needed but only equally available hurts progression and is not a sensible design choice.

BobtheBuilder
Squire
Squire

Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:34 pm

Mithril, crystal and diamonds also do not directly hinder advancement of your city - wood does. Like several people have mentioned already because of that, the game has stalled. And will continue to stall until it's addressed. There's just no wood to loot.

Bhaphomet
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:56 pm

I am simply jumping all wood research in the academy if possible ... only doing the ones absolutely needed to move on with other ressources once the requirements are met ... this is just a fooking BAD design decision ... another level for your troops is just better than any upgrade in the academy (aside from the extra ones in the bottom row maybe, but the costs to get there on the wood ones is just ridiculous).

Vriana
Knight
Knight

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:12 pm

Yup 140k now for a l20 takes weeks to farm and that's provided u r not raided

tofuu
Squire
Squire

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:38 pm

Wood should not be lowered because if wood is not part of research, the more wood is spent, the more you level up building and castle, which in turn raise gem cost, and which also in turn raise income. Making wood more scarce slows down the game, and that is the point of the change. It's in fact really needed to slow down progression If everyone's level 50, fully upgraded, what is left in the game? The slower we move towards there, the more chance and more time they get to add more content.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:08 pm

tofuu wrote:
Wood should not be lowered because if wood is not part of research, the more wood is spent, the more you level up building and castle, which in turn raise gem cost, and which also in turn raise income. Making wood more scarce slows down the game, and that is the point of the change. It's in fact really needed to slow down progression If everyone's level 50, fully upgraded, what is left in the game? The slower we move towards there, the more chance and more time they get to add more content.

Good theory, but it only slows f2p as it is easily overcome by money and increase the gap even more. Yes, I understand they need to make money but people can pay to get 5+ castle levels ahead of the server, get a hero that destroys a full army early game, able to max out all research with massive perks, buy stat cards to give their whole army +% in battle, and overcap with gold units. Which on server 61 made all Dunwulf migrate to Icacum because of 1 whale they couldn't beat, so they joined them and took over the map. I use to think that whales are only a small percent so couldn't affect the game that much, as they could only hold one castle and they cant destroy all the castles in a city, but I have now been proven wrong.

I understand changes to the game to try and improve it can be great, it just seems that every change has increased the f2p to p2w gap in recent times.