sunbow
Baron
Baron

Server merges and migration

Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:17 pm

hello everyone,

i would like to start a discussion about the combination of server merges and migration.
if the team figures out a good merging strategy and each kingdom starts with a similar power,
i would strongly suggest to disable the migration feature for the new realm.

it depends a bit on the end-game strategy: in case there will be merges every fixed period of time (e.g. 1 per month), i would disable migration completely, otherwise i would disable it for the first x weeks.

otherwise it will very quickly change into 2 kingdoms fighting each other and the rest gets abandoned.

thoughts?

best regards
sun

sunbow
Baron
Baron

Re: Server merges and migration

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:55 pm

moving this post up again since it is super important. guys, think for a couple of seconds and support this!

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:59 pm

the map is only balanced for two kingdoms fighting. Honestly I think they are focused on a new map.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

VildAnd
Squire
Squire

Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:38 am

dorianGREY wrote:
the map is only balanced for two kingdoms fighting. Honestly I think they are focused on a new map.

The game is made in a way so that it will end up being two kingdoms fighting until one of them gains complete domination.
This is, however, a result of game mechanics, and has nothing to do with the map.

If the game was made in a way to compensate the weaker kingdoms, I see nothing in the map that would prevent multiple kingdoms fighting.

Fawksito
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:05 pm

sunbow wrote:
hello everyone,

i would like to start a discussion about the combination of server merges and migration.
if the team figures out a good merging strategy and each kingdom starts with a similar power,
i would strongly suggest to disable the migration feature for the new realm.

it depends a bit on the end-game strategy: in case there will be merges every fixed period of time (e.g. 1 per month), i would disable migration completely, otherwise i would disable it for the first x weeks.

otherwise it will very quickly change into 2 kingdoms fighting each other and the rest gets abandoned.

thoughts?

best regards
sun

My idea of server merge is 3 or 4 on 1, moving everyone to their capital and making the whole cities neutral again with their respective Units, also Boost the Neutral cities so there are some fights around (like making son neutral cities have HQ 35-36 )

Also since resources are so hard to get atm, make special events on a special map. If your color holds the Wood relic all get a buff on that or put RELICS on the regular map, if a color holds em everyone get bonus, this will encourage players to fight.
BOOM

Julianus
Knight
Knight

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:20 pm

My idea of server merge is 3 or 4 on 1, moving everyone to their capital and making the whole cities neutral again with their respective Units, also Boost the Neutral cities so there are some fights around (like making son neutral cities have HQ 35-36 )

Also since resources are so hard to get atm, make special events on a special map. If your color holds the Wood relic all get a buff on that or put RELICS on the regular map, if a color holds em everyone get bonus, this will encourage players to fight.[/quote]

I like the idea, but how would you balance it out? How would you stop a su[er whale with full gold armies/garrison from taking that relic and hold it for hes kingdom?
If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.
-Julius Caesar

Fawksito
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:03 pm

Julianus wrote:

Also since resources are so hard to get atm, make special events on a special map. If your color holds the Wood relic all get a buff on that or put RELICS on the regular map, if a color holds em everyone get bonus, this will encourage players to fight.

I like the idea, but how would you balance it out? How would you stop a su[er whale with full gold armies/garrison from taking that relic and hold it for hes kingdom?[/quote]

Saddly is part of the game, but even then, whales always get players wanting their loot, or wall. At least where i played, whales have two options a) play nice and share etc b) be shark food.
BOOM

SilentNSly
Squire
Squire

Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:38 am

sunbow wrote:

I believe it will eventually (either with players transferring or quitting).

Too many design decisions encourage it to happen (e.g. no King for small kingdoms, easy to attack castles that has lower tiered troops, lack of resources for smaller kingdoms, etc).

Delaying player transfers will just delay the problem. It is better than nothing, but I wish more was done.
Realm: S61
Kingdom: Athaly
House: Immortals
Player: Crystal Dawn

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:01 am

SilentNSly wrote:
sunbow wrote:

I believe it will eventually (either with players transferring or quitting).

Too many design decisions encourage it to happen (e.g. no King for small kingdoms, easy to attack castles that has lower tiered troops, lack of resources for smaller kingdoms, etc).

Delaying player transfers will just delay the problem. It is better than nothing, but I wish more was done.

+1
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok