Hiems
Baron
Baron

The new academy and wood problem

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Ok, first of all I need to say that I like the new patch on the overall, but there's something bothering me a lot (besides the super units problems). I was playing on my lich and passed some researches that required wood, because most of them wasn't that important, just not worth the cost, but then I changed to my dwarf and started researching, I had tons of elixirs because of my mechs and tons of golds because of blasters and only got 40k wood or something from my past schools I guess.

The problem is that almost every important upgrade on dwarf required wood, while things like reduction of basic resources to build mechs requires gold or elixir, not to mention the others on other units. You need to spend so much wood on your good researches that you will not be able to keep your buildings on the queue, while this huge amount of elixir and gold is basically useless now.

So, what's the point? I know on the late game people can't spend all the wood they get, I've been on that position already, but even then I think it's still too heavy and it will be too heavy on not so old server/make it even more p2w because there's no way to keep buildings and researches going on at the same time now. Like, I always kept my lumber mill lvl 1 because I've never had problem with wood, then suddenly you're on a big wall and can't even plunder properly because of the new warehouse protection and everyone spending wood.

Right, I can adapt my playstyle for the new patch, but the compensation for such a huge change is too small, the whole patch 1.43 is nothing compared with this. This problem isn't only on dwarf, It's on human and lichs too, but I feel like you can see more clearly what I'm talking about when you look at the researches on dwarf. I don't know what can be done about it, but something really needs to be done.
Last edited by Hiems on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

AoCDad
Squire
Squire

Re: The new academy and wood problem

Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:22 pm

Totally agree with you on the wood issue. As human I'm having a hard time spending the given resources because I need wood for the research I want. Wish there was an option to trade gold or elixir cards for research only wood ones (asking a lot there tho ). Was worried about my accounts with the patch roll over, but they did exactly what they should have Imo. Rss cards so it's not lootable, research speed up (great job there). Warehouse change was an issue tho, everything was made lootable instead of In our warehoues. Should have handed out server wide shields like game of war does during a patch. But besides that good transition imo!

Esquire
Knight
Knight

Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:18 pm

I am easily spending all my wood now, and don't have enough left over to advance my buildings. It is forcing me to choose research or building progression. I guess in 6 months if I have all the buildings up to date it won't matter, but lumber is tough to juggle right now.

Personally I am skipping the wood research trees and just keeping my buildings up to date.

NEFERAK555
Knight
Knight

Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:47 am

Why bother so much on WOOD if u can buy it in SHOP or exchange/trade it for Gold or ELIXIR.

Players can also share & gift WOOD or other resources and equipment as well to their allies.

KINGDOMS must have this system soon of allowing players to trade /share Wood,Gold or Elixirs

which is very vital in the game.
ROYAL ARCHIVES RESET
ACADEMY UPGRADES
MAP RESET