AoCDad
Squire
Squire

Re: Patch 1.14.3 Preview Video

Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:24 pm

The research system definitely could use some tweaks changes and new research, but I'm not a fan of research carrying over to a new race after switching. As someone said previously it's going to create cookie cutter armies, everyone will have gold spiders for instance. It's going to be a large advantage for the biggest players (mind I'm the largest power on my server), we will be able to stock up honor and resources switch races build the best units for each rare resource and have a powerful mixed army, and unbeatable garrisons. The mechanic of getting a mixed army currently is done through having an active house that trades units for large fights. Think this is dampen team work first of all, which is a large part of what is game is suppose to be about. Also this will strengthen already hard to, or near impossible to attack castles. Again stock pile resources switch races make monster nasty garrisons. IMO getting to be able to make mixed garrisons and armies should require a lot of time, work and resources. You should have to start over on the new race, not play which race suits your current game status. As I see it people will start human build a garrison of archers, then switch to lich for scorpions and spider pvp plus spider garrison. Switch to dwarf now and then for mechs and tanks (easy diamonds for big players on servers, I'll have endless supply of tanks). Garrisons will be a huge problem, castles will be much harder to attack. Also the new feature recently added of seeing a persons castle when clicking them, to know their race before a battle is useless now, thinking you know a garrison based on race is useless now. Ohhhh not to mention on raiding castle issue, some races can't use a rare resource efficiently and have extra raidable of that type, this will also go away.

I think a better, different fix/change would be to make research carry over when switching races. Maybe not 100%, or a new research to make a % carry over, or a building you could build each lvl carries over a % etc etc.... how does the fact I researched gold spiders at all make sense that if I switch races I know understand how to build gold tanks? The mechanic not only hugely game impacting also doesn't make logical sense. Not sure all the ways this will impact the game have been thought through! Switching to a race early in the game and sticking with it research should be a comitement and rewarding not easlily flexible. This is not a fix for server status, it will not make people abandon less accounts and keep servers fuller, which I think is part of the idea here.

Rand
Squire
Squire

Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:08 am

New races! When are those coming? Please give us some thing to look forward

SilentNSly
Squire
Squire

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:49 am

so many dead servers, and you just keep working on stuff that will likely make it even worse... why!?
Realm: S61
Kingdom: Athaly
House: Immortals
Player: Crystal Dawn

Parugeon
Knight
Knight

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:15 am

Personally I didnt find anything wrong with the current academy and it worked perfectly as intended. However this is just more proof that shows how they are more interested in helping whales prosper while shitting on the rest. Far bigger issues going on with the game and all this is, Is a giant smack in the face to all those that had hoped actual feedback had been heard and heavy balancing would be taken..... sorry lilith your money grubbing attitude has cost you yet another player that had the highest hopes for your game

Freezee
Knight
Knight

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:00 am

Apollyon wrote:
Everyone will have the same cookie cutter armies now. Would have been better to make it harder to switch races.not easier

This is my feeling exactly.

sunbow
Baron
Baron

Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:48 am

Freezee wrote:
Apollyon wrote:
Everyone will have the same cookie cutter armies now. Would have been better to make it harder to switch races.not easier

I think you are quite wrong. Yes, you do keep the research when you switch. Assume your priests have a level 5 research, spiders will have it once you switch.
BUT
when you switch priests won't have it unless you switch back.
there is no big advantage mixing races (maybe except rocketeers for walls), in case only your active race has the research, which is supposed to get even more weight now.

at least this is the way i understand it.

Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:37 pm

sunbow wrote:
Freezee wrote:
Apollyon wrote:

I think you are quite wrong. Yes, you do keep the research when you switch. Assume your priests have a level 5 research, spiders will have it once you switch.
BUT
there is no big advantage mixing races (maybe except rocketeers for walls), in case only your active race has the research, which is supposed to get even more weight now.

You are correct, but it doesn't change the idea that people will calculate the best units for each situation and change race to obtain them much easier. Every player will have the exact same army now after the mathematical calculations are done and published as to which the meta agrees is the best.

Freezee
Knight
Knight

Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:35 pm

sunbow wrote:
Freezee wrote:
Apollyon wrote:

BUT

Yeah that is the way I understand it as well. The problem is this discourages mixing races or troops at all. It will make everyone switch over to lich to run spider scorp and that's the end of it. Had they made it carry over but between races but you have to level them individually it would allow for a diverse army but at a great expense of time and resource. Now everyone will use all one race and chances are it will be lich with a few humans and even fewer dwarves.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:07 pm

Just to make sure it is seen
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

AoCDad
Squire
Squire

Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:10 pm

Aluminara wrote:
Just to make sure it is seen

That is total nonsense!!!! So let me get this straight those of us who have researched mixed races are going to lose all the resources and time put in in multiple trees!!!! That's total bullshit and a rip off, what if we spent money to research those things it's just taken away no compensation??!!! Research that gets trashed needs to refunded!!! Not just resources but time (in rush)!!!!!! And no gift into my castle please items so it can't be pillaged!!!!