Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Re: reaction to dev diary

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:15 am

It does feel like they are putting a lot of time into a bandaid on a gaping wound. Sure it is nice to change races, but the problem is that you are focused to in the beginning, imo.
I also agree that all it will do is extend the current meta to, PvP Lich, Wall defense Human, and still laugh at anyone that picks Dwarf (Though rocketeers are great vs skeleton PvE).
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

Bhaphomet
Baron
Baron

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:38 am

well if all the effort, time and ressources in the additional race I researched (switched at castlelevel 24) will be wasted, casue it gets overwritten by the research of my main race, I will be VERY pissed and most likely even say goodbye to the game ... that would be a slap into my face, and I definatly wont wait for the next slap another time, hero fook up was bad enough ... and no real compensation for that up to now, still I cant reapply all the stats cards I used on my heroes and was left alone switching all the gear ...

you fook me another time, you lose me as a paying customer! and I can guestimate I wont be the only one.

on top I would suggest to implement something that allows players to carry over their chars to a new server they start. highly costly heroes should be bound to the account not the server you play on. reset them to lets say lvl 5 or even lvl 1, but let us use them on whatever server we decide to play in the future. hilarious that you expect us to buy them a second or even third time ...

on the research topic again, I think, letting research apply no matter what race you are, is too op. in my book a possible solution would be:

- take the weaker researched race and refund all in research invested ressources as cards
- make new time cards, restricted to be used on research and refund all time that has been invested into research for the weaker researched race
- put in new research traits to make it more versatile and diverse (as planned) - let the skill trees branch out at certain points - you shouldnt be able to research everything to high level that easily and be pressed to make decisions, that helps keeping diversity - at least for a while - add new stuff once in a while to keep diversity

get a deeper understanding for the meta game of your own product - the earlier the better ... money comes flowing in with happy customers, so tell your execs its not the monetarization modell they should focus on, but rather on a healthy game balance and underlying game mechanics modell. once you got a solid product you can discover and WILL discover fair and not game balance disturbing monetarization ... thats the way to go, not the other way round ...

Kirkis
Knight
Knight

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:08 pm

After all the complaining I did, I finally have a way out of dwarf. Thanks, but no thanks because now everyone will change to lich and have human archers for wall defense.. not really strategy just picking the most OP troops for every scenario.
Citizen of Wales and knower of nothing.

Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:53 pm

Kirkis wrote:
After all the complaining I did, I finally have a way out of dwarf. Thanks, but no thanks because now everyone will change to lich and have human archers for wall defense.. not really strategy just picking the most OP troops for every scenario.

Yep, this is why other strategy games make you choose a race and play it - so they can be balanced against each other. If anyone can play any unit what even is the point of races? I am not sure why they would even need to differentiate between them. Just have any player able to summon any unit.

NEFERAK555
Knight
Knight

Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:07 pm

Last wrote:
Cheerios7204 wrote:
How about not letting people mix units at all? If you change race all units that have not been purchased then convert to the the new race's equivalent unit?

Im voting for this. This will allows us too see unique races around not all humans with everything inside.

Conversion or building levels remain the same/retained.
ROYAL ARCHIVES RESET
ACADEMY UPGRADES
MAP RESET

Freezee
Knight
Knight

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:08 am

Cheerios7204 wrote:
How about not letting people mix units at all? If you change race all units that have not been purchased then convert to the the new race's equivalent unit?

Most restriction is absolutely not the answer. Making it cost a lot but be potentially effective is fine but to force you to be unable to use units not in your race is how you push even closer to cookie cutter armies. This makes buying units either pointless because you can just make them or completely op being the only way to get units not of your race if they didn't switch like all other units.

Just changing it so research carries over but making it more difficult to actually switch races would be the far better and potentially more strategy based decision. But all of the decisions being made seem to be moving toward removing the majority of the strategy of the game for more of a pay to win cookie cutter game of risk.

Blacklegionary
Knight
Knight

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:00 pm

If they make the researched techs only affect troops of the current race people are using then I'd be fine with it :)

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:05 pm

Yay, found some more info
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:17 pm

So as of now, after all the backlash they have seen on this forum from a variety of players, they are still going through with it?

Kirkis
Knight
Knight

Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:09 pm

If they nerfed lich and buffed dwarf or made it so dwarfs could repair their mechs, there would be no issue..
Citizen of Wales and knower of nothing.