Apollyon
Baron
Baron

reaction to dev diary

Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:40 pm

People are exploiting alts, the migration feature was a huge failure that only increased server stagnancy by creating super kingdoms, there is a huge imbalance between paid heroes and non-paid.

And you choose to focus on making it easier for people who are already in late game to cherry pick the best units from each race? How does this encourage new players from starting to play on established servers?

I am unsure about the future of the game when the company is ignoring huge community and meta game problems, and is focusing on releasing teasers that do nothing to actually improve the overall community surrounding the game. So many people I play with are just waiting for our server to die and then say they will not start on another one because of all the mechanics that allowed it to are still in place. Convince us to keep investing our time and money into this game.

tmb954
Squire
Squire

Re: reaction to dev diary

Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:03 pm

I would have to agree that this change is not for the better. Basically you will be punishing all the players that have been efficient with their research. Also, I am sure it will lead to lease diversity in gameplay. Everyone will be lich for pvp and then switch to human to get the archers for the wall and back again.

Cheerios7204
Baron
Baron

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:59 pm

I really like this idea of being able to switch races and bring over research, but Apollyon has a valid concern. There should be a system of checks and balances for switching races, just as their should be a system of checks and balances in kingdom migration. I can now finally join the ranks of the all the lich players who have totally OP PVP Units! Unless of course the devs also do some balancing between dwarf and human races vs lich.
Realm: S60
Kingdom: Athaly

Kade
Squire
Squire

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:03 pm

Devs,

I'm currently a hybrid race player and have researched gold units on lich (main) and human (gold calv archers).

Took quite a bit of time, research and honor to switch back and forth to keep all my units leveled up.

After this change, what happens to all my research on other race? Does it get absorbed or replaced?

Also I feel like I'm at a disadvantage because players who went human only are further ahead and now gain the same benefit that took me weeks.

Cheerios7204
Baron
Baron

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:19 pm

Yeah, players like Kade should definitely get fair compensation for the work they have put into maintaining research and spending honor for multiple races.

Esquire
Knight
Knight

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:21 pm

Kade wrote:
Devs,

I'm currently a hybrid race player and have researched gold units on lich (main) and human (gold calv archers).

Took quite a bit of time, research and honor to switch back and forth to keep all my units leveled up.

After this change, what happens to all my research on other race? Does it get absorbed or replaced?

Also I feel like I'm at a disadvantage because players who went human only are further ahead and now gain the same benefit that took me weeks.

This is my question as well. I have spent a significant amount of time and energy with hybrid research building my army when it was not an easy system to do so. At this point if they do not combine my two research paths in some way, I will be far behind people that just stayed one race. This essentially punishes me for dealing with the difficulty of the existing system by putting me weeks behind people who did not put in time and energy hybridizing.

For example I have every human research to gold, and most lich to gold as well, including archer/sword research all past 10, and spider/scorpion research all past 10. It was a lot of resources, honor and time. If at the end I just end up with the higher of the two instead of some cumulative effect, that will be very unfair.

Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:47 pm

There are alot of other questions about this change like will units be affected by technology from other races or what, also what incentive will there be to not race jump and cherry pick units.

I would have much rather seen a change of "research bonuses will affect units regardless of what race the player currently is" or even better "players can't change race but once a month"

This is a real time strategy game, there is a reason EVERY other strategy game forces players to choose their race and stick with it - for balancing purposes. This game is already poorly balanced without adding race jumping incentives
Fix what is wrong and unbalanced before adding in new dynamics

Kade
Squire
Squire

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:01 am

I think a better solution would be to allow research to apply even if you change race. This would encourage people to mix but not punish those who have research in two races already.

Cheerios7204
Baron
Baron

Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:49 am

How about not letting people mix units at all? If you change race all units that have not been purchased then convert to the the new race's equivalent unit?

Last
Squire
Squire

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:49 am

Cheerios7204 wrote:
How about not letting people mix units at all? If you change race all units that have not been purchased then convert to the the new race's equivalent unit?

Im voting for this. This will allows us too see unique races around not all humans with everything inside.