Blueynoes
Squire
Squire

Re: lilith needs to investigate every raid that nets more than 20k total resources.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:49 pm

Apollyon wrote:
Yes, because paying the devs is increasing the life of the game and giving them incentive to make it better. Going into a store and stealing stuff to eat - what is the difference, you could have just worked a job for 8 hours and bought it, but instead you are stealing it so its all good. That is the logic I am hearing from you. It doesnt hurt the employees or other customers so what is the harm? Is that your logic?

Doesnt make sense to me.

I like the analogy but it's flawed.
First of all, you're contradicting yourself here. You claim paying the devs is fine and it's only unfair because I'm stealing (In your eyes). However, in your original post your problem is the massive advantage it gives people since it's a lifetime supply of free gold. But if I pay them money, it's the same massive advantage. So for YOU, the end result is the same.

As for calling it stealing, that simply isn't the case. Again, this is an MMO. EVERY MMO in history, people have made alts to boost their main. They invest time, and in turn get more resources on their main. If this was forbidden, people wouldn't suddenly start paying Lilith. They would stop playing.
Here's the thing. Some people have infinite money. They're the whales, they'll boost ahead of you and there's nothing you can do. Welcome to P2W mobile games.
Some people DON'T have infinite money, but want to stay competitive and are willing to put in the time to do so. So they make alts to try and keep up. Maybe they'll buy patron on the alts for some boost there, so lilith still gets some money (most will do this as it's 3000 linari which is 150k resources). If you take away their ability to do so, and they can no longer keep up, they will leave.

Look, I get it, I do. It seems unfair that you spend all night raiding and risking your armies to walk away with 20k gold, where someone else does a few extra dailies and has the same net result after a few weeks. But they're not doing anything wrong here. Nobody's exploiting the game, cheating or doing anything illegal. You can throw hundreds of analogies at this, but you can't compare a mobile game to going to the store, you're just making up scenarios to validate your way of thinking. It's just as unfair that people can spend a thousand dollars on the game and be infinitely more powerful than you and I will ever be. That doesn't mean it's wrong. In fact, you'll find that most people with alts are the ones that are serious about the game and in it for the long run; which incidentally will be the people paying for it. Ban alts and you're going to lose paying people.

This is something that in the end, people have to accept. There will be people stronger than you. There will be people paying money to annihilate your garrison. There will be people making alts to boost their heroes ahead of everyone elses. P2W is part of mobile gaming. Alts is part of online gaming. They both always have been, and they both always will be. You are perfectly entitled to find this unfair. But that doesn't make it theft. And even if it was, let's be honest here, you're not making this thread because you're so concerned about people stealing from lilith.

Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Re: lilith needs to investigate every raid that nets more than 20k total resources.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:52 am

Its not about accepting that people will be stronger - no shit, there is always someone stronger. Its about experiencing the game in a fair and balanced manner, as it was meant to be played. Obviously if the game were meant to be played with infinite resources they would be provided, not have to be farmed and purchased for. This is an exploit that allows people to take advantage of the meta game in order to further their own in game experience at the expense of other players.

This game is unlike many other MMOs in that it allows unit perma death and stealing resources. Most MMOS do NOT allow resource sharing between players for exactly this reason - in fact I cant think of one I have played that DOES allow resource sharing (im sure they do exist, just never found one). The game is meant to be experienced from the standpoint of a single castle in a single kingdom. Just because you CAN go on youtube and find ways to glitch bosses on destiny doesnt mean that its the way the game was meant to be played. Players who beat said boss that way should not be rewarded FAR more than normal players who actually beat the boss without using glitches, and in fact in most games they are not. They are at the same place the player who beat it the normal way is. Unfortunately in AoC, when someone abuses alts it places them at a HUGE advantage.

Blueynoes
Squire
Squire

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:36 am

Apollyon wrote:
This is an exploit that allows people to take advantage of the meta game in order to further their own in game experience at the expense of other players.
Unfortunately in AoC, when someone abuses alts it places them at a HUGE advantage.

You say it's an exploit. I say it's not. Here are my reasons:

- I have no more advantage using this method than I do buying currency.

- If they did not intend people to do this, they could've placed systems in place. Cap the resources gained. Do not allow players to move out of the capital until level 10 with X honor. Prevent multiple registrations coming from the same network. Prevent a player that is 10+ castle levels higher than their raid target from getting resources from a raid (only allow siege damage). etc. There's TONS of things they COULD have done, but they didn't. Alts are not some new thing that took them by surprise. It's a common thing in every single game like this and they are perfectly aware that they can be made, and have always been since before beta. They are absolutely intended. Why settle for 1x patron from a person, when they can get 4x patron money from that same person? Just because you don't like something does not make it an exploit.

- Lilith has not stated, ANYWHERE, that this is not allowed. They're commenting on posts regularly, but never on alt ones. At the end of the day, this game is a business to them. People with alts are going to be the hardcore ones, who are also the paying ones. They'd be crazy to suddenly hammer down on this as it would cost them revenue. So even if they never intended this to happen, it happened, and it's pretty much impossible for them to do anything about it without hurting their income.

NEFERAK555
Knight
Knight

Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:59 am

That really is pushin' ur luck 20K RSS PLUNDERED Looks like

somebody's been hackin' or CRACKIN' the game .
ROYAL ARCHIVES RESET
ACADEMY UPGRADES
MAP RESET