User avatar
Apollyon
Baron
Baron
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:21 am

Re: lilith needs to investigate every raid that nets more than 20k total resources.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:45 am

SlanithOtaku wrote:
Seems like the best way to resolve this would be to put a cap on the amount of resources that can be pillaged from a target based on their city level. Say 500 of Each Primary Resource and 5 of Each Secondary Resource total per city level in a single raid.

In this way cheaters can't efficiently steal massive amounts of resources in a single attack via alt abuse, Lilith Games doesn't have to waste time and resources playing account police, and low levels also get a measure of protection from being rolled by high level players as well.

This could be taken a step further by putting a cooldown on targets where you can only raid the same person for resources 3 to 5 times in a 2 hour period of time, you should still be able to damage their walls as much as you want though.


I like it! :D
 
User avatar
Krakatoa
Knight
Knight
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:54 pm
Location: Canada

Re: lilith needs to investigate every raid that nets more than 20k total resources.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:32 am

Apollyon wrote:
I am against many of the mechanics that favor payers to the extent that it does, but at the same time I expect people to pay something for the pleasure of playing a game they enjoy. I don't expect them to drop hundreds by any means, but patron and the $10 hero seems reasonable i belive.

Having said that, money spent should go towards variety and options, not simply power. Take for example the new mechanic which rewards the side with the most hero stats - totally unfair, adds nothing to the game, and only rewards those that have spent or alt-farmed to the point they can buy out the shop of cards. No purpose at all to add any depth to the game. Simply a win-more mechanic.

. Also, i dont believe it is much "work to achieve this" - just log on and do the quests twice a day, after you get done with your normal acct after a few weeks - presto your farm is ready to harvest.

Just because there are other mechanics you don't agree with doesn't mean that it is OK to have other bad mechanics - sorry.


You made me laugh with this post. Some of the top players in my server are too lazy to even do the multiple accounts raiding thing. They simply buy themselves all the resources they need. Why work when you can pay for things and be lazy? LOL
:twisted: Krakatoa :twisted:

CURRENTLY:
Server 23
Green
Krakatoa

_____________________________
"Karma is simply life's bank account. Nobody can live on overdraft forever"
 
User avatar
Krakatoa
Knight
Knight
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:54 pm
Location: Canada

Re: lilith needs to investigate every raid that nets more than 20k total resources.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:37 am

SlanithOtaku wrote:
Seems like the best way to resolve this would be to put a cap on the amount of resources that can be pillaged from a target based on their city level. Say 500 of Each Primary Resource and 5 of Each Secondary Resource total per city level in a single raid.

In this way cheaters can't efficiently steal massive amounts of resources in a single attack via alt abuse, Lilith Games doesn't have to waste time and resources playing account police, and low levels also get a measure of protection from being rolled by high level players as well.

This could be taken a step further by putting a cooldown on targets where you can only raid the same person for resources 3 to 5 times in a 2 hour period of time, you should still be able to damage their walls as much as you want though.


Excellent idea. The cap can be a function of the power of the player being attacked (as a percentage, for example), with cooldown periods like you say. It probably would not completely solve the problem but it certainly would go a long way towards curbing the abuse of the multiple accounts. I know a player who has his own House with 4 or 5 cities (I can't remember), all manned by his own accounts. I think it's actually funny because they still think it's actually playing fair and "since there is nothing in the rules against it..." LOL
:twisted: Krakatoa :twisted:

CURRENTLY:
Server 23
Green
Krakatoa

_____________________________
"Karma is simply life's bank account. Nobody can live on overdraft forever"
 
shaunus
Squire
Squire
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:15 am

Re: lilith needs to investigate every raid that nets more than 20k total resources.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:46 am

The solution that somehow hasn't been mentioned yet, is to revert the changes to dailies.
People spend their time on alts, primarily because they have a lot of free time anyway since the daily change, as you can breeze through all your dailies in 30 minutes or less if your faction isn't doing too well.

The costs to make a garrison that isn't easily broken, on top of research and so on is quite high. This is especially noteworthy on liches who currently cannot plunder very well (a bronze human archer pack out pillages 2 gold spiders at equal rank for reference) and when push comes to shove trying to make a gold/silver garrison is extremely difficult even with cutting edge raiding/pillaging groups.

The problem with a cap (especially at the number suggested here... 50 max rare rss at castle level 20? Why would people even bother to level up walls if they are gonna be plundered for nothing each hit) is that it discourages raiding in general. On 61, I frequently hit people for over 100 rare rss and they certainly are not my alts. Simply decent/good players with decent/strong garrisons that coordination allows you to effectively deal with.
Remember you are investing quite a lot of energy every attack especially when a garrison still needs to be killed. PVE packs often reward 30 of a rare rss and can be done with a single hero so by logical extension why should a pillage (which has MUCH higher risks involved) give less per energy point?
 
User avatar
faz
Squire
Squire
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:11 pm

Re: lilith needs to investigate every raid that nets more than 20k total resources.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:17 pm

Thanks for an idea.

*goes to make an alt account to farm it*
 
User avatar
Kirkis
Knight
Knight
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 am

Re: lilith needs to investigate every raid that nets more than 20k total resources.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:10 pm

I have never seen game developers try to stop players from making alts. In fact, i have actually seen them capitalize on alts in a game I used to play. Stopping players from making alts is too complicated a problem to stop. Well, to be honest, they probably don't even consider it a problem because as far as they're concerned, it's not an exploit and does not directly effect other player's gameplay. If I were them, I wouldn't waste time stopping such a complex issue.
Citizen of Wales and knower of nothing.
 
User avatar
Apollyon
Baron
Baron
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:21 am

Re: lilith needs to investigate every raid that nets more than 20k total resources.

Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:26 pm

Kirkis wrote:
I have never seen game developers try to stop players from making alts. In fact, i have actually seen them capitalize on alts in a game I used to play. Stopping players from making alts is too complicated a problem to stop. Well, to be honest, they probably don't even consider it a problem because as far as they're concerned, it's not an exploit and does not directly effect other player's gameplay. If I were them, I wouldn't waste time stopping such a complex issue.


In this game it does affect other players gameplay, because you can quickly get as many resources in 1 hit as it takes them a week to gather via raiding and then you go plunder them with all your units and research that they cant afford yet. A great solution was suggestion was made earlier - gap it at 500 resources per castle level. So a lvl 20 castle couldnt be plundered for more than 10000 resources. That seems very reasonable and high while not being game-breakingly high and require you to expose your alt for longer time to plunder more and more resources.
 
User avatar
Kirkis
Knight
Knight
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:21 am

Re: lilith needs to investigate every raid that nets more than 20k total resources.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:21 am

Apollyon wrote:
Kirkis wrote:
I have never seen game developers try to stop players from making alts. In fact, i have actually seen them capitalize on alts in a game I used to play. Stopping players from making alts is too complicated a problem to stop. Well, to be honest, they probably don't even consider it a problem because as far as they're concerned, it's not an exploit and does not directly effect other player's gameplay. If I were them, I wouldn't waste time stopping such a complex issue.


In this game it does affect other players gameplay, because you can quickly get as many resources in 1 hit as it takes them a week to gather via raiding and then you go plunder them with all your units and research that they cant afford yet. A great solution was suggestion was made earlier - gap it at 500 resources per castle level. So a lvl 20 castle couldnt be plundered for more than 10000 resources. That seems very reasonable and high while not being game-breakingly high and require you to expose your alt for longer time to plunder more and more resources.

I realize it affects other player's gameplay which is why I used the term "indirectly". Anything which indirectly affects gameplay will be ignored 9/10 times.
Citizen of Wales and knower of nothing.
 
Blueynoes
Squire
Squire
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:36 pm

Re: lilith needs to investigate every raid that nets more than 20k total resources.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:14 pm

what exactly is the problem with farming your own alts? That people get tons of resources? Does it matter? I could just buy them, would that be okay? Time is money... if i have 100k gold, does it matter if i spent 20 dollars on it or an hour a day doing quests on alts?

I really dont see a problem. All mmos have alts, its not an exploit in any way. Nobodys hurting you. They couldve bought the resources instead and youd be in the same position; theyd have a lot of resources. Who are you to dictate that i cant spend 5 hours farming but paying 209 dollars is ok?
 
User avatar
Apollyon
Baron
Baron
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:21 am

Re: lilith needs to investigate every raid that nets more than 20k total resources.

Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:20 pm

Blueynoes wrote:
what exactly is the problem with farming your own alts? That people get tons of resources? Does it matter? I could just buy them, would that be okay? Time is money... if i have 100k gold, does it matter if i spent 20 dollars on it or an hour a day doing quests on alts?

I really dont see a problem. All mmos have alts, its not an exploit in any way. Nobodys hurting you. They couldve bought the resources instead and youd be in the same position; theyd have a lot of resources. Who are you to dictate that i cant spend 5 hours farming but paying 209 dollars is ok?


Yes, because paying the devs is increasing the life of the game and giving them incentive to make it better. Going into a store and stealing stuff to eat - what is the difference, you could have just worked a job for 8 hours and bought it, but instead you are stealing it so its all good. That is the logic I am hearing from you. It doesnt hurt the employees or other customers so what is the harm? Is that your logic?

Doesnt make sense to me.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 14 guests