Hiems
Baron
Baron

Jacques is broken

Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:38 am

It's just nonsense that a heroe can be a one man army and wipe your field with a 1 and spray and pray in half a second, and then throw rockets that can blow up a pack of units (half a second if you're 5 castles ahead, because if you don't, then your entire field will just disappear).

"oh but he costs 3 energy"

He would need to cost at least 20 energy to deploy for what he can do at the moment.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Re: Jacques is broken

Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:36 am

Agreed. Nerf him and rose place them back to one energy and bring their power down to normal hero levels
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Crunimi
Squire
Squire

Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:16 pm

Fact he is still in game, in his current state is just ridicilous. No hero should be capable of doing what he is, no matter the price of stamina, even 10 wouldn't be enough to offset it. I am sure new ppl who encounter him think it's one of many bugs game have. And as far as I'm aware you are trying to promote p2w this way, surely you must take into consideration amount of ppl qutting becasue of this insane imbalance.

Reltius
Squire
Squire

Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:28 am

What build of Jacques is overpowered? I got him and he's pretty mediocre at lvl 15

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:29 am

Yeah hes a monster af after his “nerf” which was insane buff

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:33 am

Zinek wrote:
Agreed. Nerf him and rose place them back to one energy and bring their power down to normal hero levels

Sorry for the later response, I received no notifications for some reason... Yes, I agree with you, I think there's no way to nerf Jacques and let him stay with 3 energy cost, the same apply to Rose. We will never have a true balance with those heroes being said as more powerful because they cost more energy.

Now, I would like to talk a little bit about Jacques and how gamebreaking he can be.

On my newest server I started and bought him on the first hour, that was before the new patch. On the early game he makes so much of a difference that on the capture rush, if you have Jacques it's a 100% guarantee of capture for your house/kingdom, there's absolutely no way your enemy will put you down if you bought patron + Jacques, unless your enemy did the same. You only need fodder troops like swords or spears and Jacques to put down those bronze enemy troops on the early that looks like paper for him. The early game means a lot, and having a heroe that can make such a huge difference is beyond acceptable, I can't even imagine how overpowered he's on the early game now after the patch changes.

What I'm saying here is basically that battles are decided by: your enemy have Jacques? y/n

3 energy cost to deploy isn't punishing for a heroe that will give you 100% of wins on the early game even if your army is a lvl or two below the enemy. And that's only the early game. On the mid game things get even more complicated, because hospital time and big loses start being a problem and you don't want to attack anyone with Jacques, even if he's way below your power, because you know you will have those loses. Then the siege on bigger guys start, on walls full of silver units. It's clear the difference that Jacques can make on the siege, not only because he will kill all troops on the siege, including those on the wall, but because he will plunder the same as 5-10 packs of silver archers. It's insanely high the value he brings to the table.

The same on the mid game apply for the late game, but then things get even worst because if you think your gold units 2 lvl ahead of your enemy can kill his troops.. they probably can, but then the enemy got Jacques and he will kill half of your field alone. Even gold units will be melted by bullets, rockets and this boss with tons of hp.

Cheerios7204
Baron
Baron

Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Yes please make Jacques and Rose the same as other heroes.
Realm: S60
Kingdom: Athaly

Mason
Squire
Squire

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:20 pm

I posted a suggestion in the "suggestions" section. Give it a read and if you agree support it

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:10 pm

I agree that Jaques is beyond broken based on the raw dps numbers. His regular auto attack kills a virion before his shield can even go off, like he is absolutely insane just purely on auto attacking, but oh wait, he has an ability that is even more broken. A level 20+ Jaques can mow down 2 or 3 rank 8 or 9 gold spiders with firestorm. Its actually unbelievable that anything this imbalanced could possibly exist in the game. Its like they added a zero to the end of all of his damage numbers by accident. He is actually completely game breaking. Like the duel meta revolves entirely around who has Jaques, or if both players have Jaques, who kills the other Jaques first. I'm pretty sure that my level 25 Jaques could kill all of my other 20+ heros including a 25 rose 1v7.

Moving on to Rose... she is no where near as powerful as Jaques. She isn't even on par with a silver spider stat-wise, but her abilities are above average. If a hero were going to cost 3 energy and be more powerful, i think Rose is about the appropriate power level. Everybody also needs to consider that leveling Rose or Jaques does take A LOT of extra potions in the long run.. Potions = raids = plunder = resources, so you are definitely giving something up to have these guys. Jaques is just so freaking broken that its 100% worth it every time, even in raiding since he does like 30% of your armies total damage.

Last
Squire
Squire

Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:42 pm

They should nerg jaq burst damage and fix rose spiderling this will set this hero in proper 3 energy position.