Flames
Baron
Baron

Re: Hospital changes

Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:09 am

Cheerios7204 wrote:
I agree that a 25% reduction is too small. I'm looking forward to see how they further update the game to reduce healing times. I do know that in games like this small changes are preferred to give time to see how the game balance is affected. I'd imagine that if we, as a community, continue to express concerns on healing time even with the current and future change the developers will continue trying to balance it out. These developers do seem to care more about their player base than others, so that's a pro.

I think this is a approach!
I agree that they could do more to balance the healing times, but they already shared that there will be more changes in future updates.
So we can't judge till we have seen the other changes that they promised for this problem.

Azemeazed
Knight
Knight

Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:34 pm

25% is not bad for lower level players, but for us with rank VIII+ troops its not noticable. I had silver swordsmen rank VII before reduction and they needed like 9 mins to heal and after update and upgrading them to rank VIII they need 10 mins.
Also reduce extra time needed to heal for higher rank units, just not balanced enough.

Last
Squire
Squire

Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:11 pm

I think they should just lower unit cost to be easier replaced. This will solve undead issues and healing issues. Atm Lich play only 2 units only becoz rest are lost we dony see mech armys coz they lost too. All players play only when full healed and troops which can be healrt only due to reqruit cost are enormous to replace units. Why making game with alot units if no one use them as they die? In HoMM you could replace army easier if you lost that why loosing army wasnt such pain.

Bhaphomet
Baron
Baron

Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:37 pm

the healing time needs to be lowered substancially. Implement this to the patron package. Its fair to be paid for the work you do. Those who dont think you need to be paid - aka dont use patron status - cant expect you to do the stuff you do for free. And if they do, well their gaming experience wont be the same than that for players with patron status.

Reduction should be around 90-95%, maybe to compensate should cost a little bit in gold or magic pots (whatever type of troop you wanna heal).

If you have to raise patron costs by 1 or 2 €/$ (whatever currency), so be it.

That way people still have to pay a lot for new troops, but once they have them, they actually can use them. Its ridiculous to have the healing time the same as the "production" time.

On top the bonus to heal time shortening in higher level hospitals should be bigger to counter the longer heal times from upgrading troops which derive from production times, which can stay as they are.

The way it is now, it actually keeps players from playing the game ... bad idea to do that - as you want us to play and use more aspects of the game, to get hooked and invest more time and maybe more real money in your game ... patron package is the base from there its only fancy stuff or time saving stuff or conveniance stuff. No game deciding stuff for real money

But well, its a free game concept ... most of them cant monetarize and be fair at the same time ... which in itself will sooner or later lead to their premature death.

Look at the concept of league of legends, if you wanna see a smart monetarizing system. Only game I know, which is ftp, but is solely dependant on skill, if you wanna be successfull.

Flames
Baron
Baron

Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:27 pm

Bhaphomet wrote:
Reduction should be around 90-95%, maybe to compensate should cost a little bit in gold or magic pots (whatever type of troop you wanna heal).

Are you kidding me ?
You really mean that the healing time should only be 10% of what it is now ?

sunbow
Baron
Baron

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:16 pm

the main issue with the healing timers is, that each troop level upgrade increases the healing time by 50%, each hospital upgrade reduces it by 25%. this way the timers increase exponentially.

i remember getting sniped after playing for 3 weeks, which resulted in a hospital time of 3 weeks for my defense.
a flat 25% descrease does not remove the exponential scaling. it is a start for sure, but not enough late game.

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:45 am

Bhaphomet wrote:

I am sorry but that's unrealistic.

We will keep improving the system as stated in the announcement, 25% is a start anyway. :)

SilentNSly
Squire
Squire

Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:25 am

Maybe there will be a new hero that will speed up the Hospital even faster.
Realm: S61
Kingdom: Athaly
House: Immortals
Player: Crystal Dawn

Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:26 am

hengli wrote:
Bhaphomet wrote:

We will keep improving the system as stated in the announcement, 25% is a start anyway. :)

Yes that is way too fast. This is a slow to medium paced long-war game, not clash of clans. There must be consequences to battles that can decide such things as mithril mines and resource bonuses. If there is little to no consequences then people will take silly and rash actions just to troll all the time.

While I don't think the current system is perfect, its a good start.

ETA: As the game progresses they will continue adding stuff to it - hopefully more stuff to do while armies have downtime.

Bhaphomet
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:28 am

Apollyon wrote:
hengli wrote:
Bhaphomet wrote:

Yes that is way too fast. This is a slow to medium paced long-war game, not clash of clans. There must be consequences to battles that can decide such things as mithril mines and resource bonuses. If there is little to no consequences then people will take silly and rash actions just to troll all the time.

While I don't think the current system is perfect, its a good start.

ETA: As the game progresses they will continue adding stuff to it - hopefully more stuff to do while armies have downtime.

there are other ways of prohibiting spamming attacks and bullying. many games have mechanisms of that kind build in.

lets just do some brainstorming (remember brainstorming means to accept all suggestions and play around with them, not judging them):

Just to describe the situation now:

- VERY long hospital (wait) times (I am speaking days)
- only a few gold troop platoons available for attacking
- PvP/PvE using the same set of restricted platoons (you fook up in PvP, your also fooked in PvE)
- you loose a world map attack, your locked out of PvP for 1 hour (that is a huge hinderance, but in itself not really that bad, should be more like 30 mins though)
- you dont know what force you will really face if you start an attack, that can lead to harsh losses

What could make the situation better?

- drastically reduced hospital times (even if you have to wait two hours that is huge, we want to play not to stare at timers)
- more heroes that can summon troops (at a mediocre cost), which allows fights with mostly summoned troops, would be a lot of fun, as you could react to enemy troop setup
- better healing/support powers in fights, would hinder siege battles though, as troops would fight longer and wouldnt get to walls ... thus not really a good idea
- a bigger part of units flee instead of getting injured/killed (fled units leave your platoons for a short time but return by themselves over time - way shorter timeframe than healing)
- higher troop capacity allowed, but still only the same capacity like now can be used in one single attack - just delays the huge healing pause though - so this is the least best solution
- seperate parallel healing ques - either for type or quality or both or the player can decide what to use his healing ques for - example: you have 2 healing ques and can put troops in there like you want to - patron gives you 3/4/x more healing ques (I like this idea best, helps the player AND lilith, patron gets even more attractive)

thats about the solutions I can think of. some are more invasive to the actual gameplay and might be harder to implement (from a programmers perspective).

what can limit bullying, spamm attacks and a loss of strategical depth, if troops are more avialabe throughout your playtime?

- a limit of attacks on the same player by the same player in a given timeframe (strengthens teamplay)
- a growing malus for each successive attack on the same player by the same player (e.g. 20% less bounty, walls destroyed)
- a bonus for the attacked player for each attack he/she receives (name it a bloodrush boost or desperate meassures), let it stack for a number of attacks then decay for a set number of attacks, let it decay further down than it started (lets say it gives a bonus of 15% attack/defense power for 3 attacks, then it decays for the next 3 attacks for 20% - you get the idea

now, I dont know if lilith uses healing times to monetarize (I dont think so, as you cant shorten healing time with linari or ressources), correct me if I am wrong, hengli. maybe you can get a bit more precize of what you alrdy have in the pipeline about healtimes, so the community can help out and you get an overview how the community sees your solution - maybe everybody says, hey great work, do it.

open discussion might be good for all sides. we all see that you as a company MUST make revenue. but we as the players also know that we want to have fun not boredom or annoyance - you determine if you keep or loose the players that fund your salary ... you have the vision, but we have the power (money) to make your vision come true ...

being honest, respectfull and constructive, open minded is the most important thing, if you want to make money ... I am selfemployed, and are walking in those shoes for over 15 years now.