Hi. I've been around for a while, and love this game. But what you're doing lately is going to destroy your player base. What appears to be nothing but greed in these patches will leave you with no income at all. There are many (spending!) players in world chat on many servers complaining about the hero balances, but it's everything. Over the last few patches, the following things have happened:
- Resource income through quests and as a result got nerfed severely by increasing the timers to 60 hours for further away quests, this drives people to buy more
- Buying resources is now protected; you no longer get raided because they're delivered in bundles for you to use when you need them.
- The shop overhaul severely promotes spending, as constant rush and golden troops on offer allows you to get a massive headstart
- The constant new servers that are being opened give you more patron money but kill older servers.
- The boss fights had their rewards changed from gold to honor, a currently worthless currency that caps very shortly into lategame
And now comes the hero overhaul. Balance changes aside, we're looking at the following things:
- ALL resource generating abilities were removed.
- All ultimates got increase to 4 or 5 mana, making them usable once a day
- Heroes you spent money on have an entirely different role now, potentially making them useless and driving you to buy more heroes.
It's the constant hits you keep dishing out to your player base and we get nothing in return for it. This game has severe issues that threaten it's longevity:
- Loads of servers are dead or dying. Rather than addressing it, you're opening more. You say you're looking into the problem, but honestly you can't say that while opening new servers at the same time. That's totally ludicrous. You're making the problem bigger while looking into it?
- There's no lategame. Once you've killed the bosses, you're done. It's raiding and leveling up for no real reason. Avoid PvP because 2 week hospital bills are rather unfun.
All of this is okay , if you're doing something to keep the players active. Events, bosses, whatever... and what are you teasing? A King feature? Seriously? What % of the playerbase do you think is benefited by this? Nobody cares. This is not what we need.
In a successful F2P game, you need a solid amount of players that pay no money. They're going to form 90+% of your playerbase. That healthy playerbase keeps the whales around and generates your revenue. But funnily enough, you're not just driving the F2P away, you're driving the whales away as well with these changes.
I don't know what you're doing here, but you need to communicate. Right now, it looks like a manager is looking at your playernumbers, said "guys, this game is finished, make as much money as you can and wrap it up". And that's not good.