Blueynoes
Squire
Squire

Your patches and changes will kill this game

Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:48 pm

Hi. I've been around for a while, and love this game. But what you're doing lately is going to destroy your player base. What appears to be nothing but greed in these patches will leave you with no income at all. There are many (spending!) players in world chat on many servers complaining about the hero balances, but it's everything. Over the last few patches, the following things have happened:

- Resource income through quests and as a result got nerfed severely by increasing the timers to 60 hours for further away quests, this drives people to buy more
- Buying resources is now protected; you no longer get raided because they're delivered in bundles for you to use when you need them.
- The shop overhaul severely promotes spending, as constant rush and golden troops on offer allows you to get a massive headstart
- The constant new servers that are being opened give you more patron money but kill older servers.
- The boss fights had their rewards changed from gold to honor, a currently worthless currency that caps very shortly into lategame

And now comes the hero overhaul. Balance changes aside, we're looking at the following things:
- ALL resource generating abilities were removed.
- All ultimates got increase to 4 or 5 mana, making them usable once a day
- Heroes you spent money on have an entirely different role now, potentially making them useless and driving you to buy more heroes.

It's the constant hits you keep dishing out to your player base and we get nothing in return for it. This game has severe issues that threaten it's longevity:
- Loads of servers are dead or dying. Rather than addressing it, you're opening more. You say you're looking into the problem, but honestly you can't say that while opening new servers at the same time. That's totally ludicrous. You're making the problem bigger while looking into it?
- There's no lategame. Once you've killed the bosses, you're done. It's raiding and leveling up for no real reason. Avoid PvP because 2 week hospital bills are rather unfun.

All of this is okay , if you're doing something to keep the players active. Events, bosses, whatever... and what are you teasing? A King feature? Seriously? What % of the playerbase do you think is benefited by this? Nobody cares. This is not what we need.

In a successful F2P game, you need a solid amount of players that pay no money. They're going to form 90+% of your playerbase. That healthy playerbase keeps the whales around and generates your revenue. But funnily enough, you're not just driving the F2P away, you're driving the whales away as well with these changes.

I don't know what you're doing here, but you need to communicate. Right now, it looks like a manager is looking at your playernumbers, said "guys, this game is finished, make as much money as you can and wrap it up". And that's not good.
Last edited by Blueynoes on Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flames
Baron
Baron

Re: Your patches and changes will kill this game

Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:58 pm

Blueynoes wrote:
All of this is okay , if you're doing something to keep the players active. Events, bosses, whatever... and what are you teasing? A King feature? Seriously? What % of the playerbase do you think is benefited by this? Nobody cares. This is not what we need.

In a successful F2P game, you need a solid amount of players that pay no money. They're going to form 90+% of your playerbase. That healthy playerbase keeps the whales around and generates your revenue. But funnily enough, you're not just driving the F2P away, you're driving the whales away as well with these changes.

I don't know what you're doing here, but you need to communicate. Right now, it looks like a manager is looking at your playernumbers, said "guys, this game is finished, make as much money as you can and wrap it up". And that's not good.

Altough you have a point here and there.
There are a lot players that have already expressed their excitement for this update, personally looking forward to it too.

I love it already that they update this often, other games don't update at all sometimes.

Svartalfheim
Knight
Knight

Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:44 pm

I ve been playing this game from some time now.I love it rly do.But..
I must agree with this post.I think this update is awesome, but its not the right time for this.
I was just thinking, if 10 cities is needed for a king to be elected.It will fail.One simple reason.In our kingdom for example, we own like 13 cities, but..5-6 of them r actually full of inactive people,,,they r just there ..over 1 month offline...all of them, incluiding leadership.We can not move them from the cities and take it for us obviously-same kingdom and the enemy doesnt seem to be interested in taking cause they have the same dead-offline problem.So there wont be a king until y solve this..

Jamie
Squire
Squire

Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:51 pm

This post is spot on, there's is just a lack of content to do in the late game, the King rank is nice but maybe only a few top players will benefit. There needs to more content that the majority of the player base can access to keep players actually playing.

Destination

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:19 pm

Flames wrote:

Altough you have a point here and there.
There are a lot players that have already expressed their excitement for this update, personally looking forward to it too.

I love it already that they update this often, other games don't update at all sometimes.

well the content of the update is indeed great and exiting, but the things that MIGHT happen as a chainreaktion of it MIGHT not be great for the game at all.
Besides that a lot of people are not thinking about the long term consequences a specific change might have.
Most people are not that much into this game, its a mobile game after all.

Svartalfheim
Knight
Knight

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:59 pm

Long term, short term..its the same here, they r not solving actual problems.Just keep adding another stuff which can go wrong.

Flames
Baron
Baron

Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:00 pm

Svartalfheim wrote:
Long term, short term..its the same here, they r not solving actual problems.Just keep adding another stuff which can go wrong.

They are doing their best to try to solve problems.
Recently a lot players were not happy with the balancing, well..

They are already rebalancing the heroes, maybe soon the rest will follow to get a rebalancing.

Svartalfheim
Knight
Knight

Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:15 pm

Hope so, we ll see in next updates than..

EFgodlike
Squire
Squire

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:18 pm

This update is very exciting for realm 42. As we will prepare for the server merges they are working on. The kingdom change is huge and we are all looking forward to it. Giving us a goal to last until the next update. I feel these changes are for the older servers more than the newer ones like 50+. Which is awesome they are still thinking of us. though the newer servers I see houses with really high level already.

Flames
Baron
Baron

Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:33 pm

EFgodlike wrote:
This update is very exciting for realm 42. As we will prepare for the server merges they are working on. The kingdom change is huge and we are all looking forward to it. Giving us a goal to last until the next update. I feel these changes are for the older servers more than the newer ones like 50+. Which is awesome they are still thinking of us. though the newer servers I see houses with really high level already.

Yeah, they said they were working on activities/features for keeping older server moer active.