hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Hero Rework Discussion

Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:57 am

Hey guys,

In case you didn't read I posted a topic with all the upcoming hero rework changes that will go live in the next update: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=12921

I am creating this topic so we concentrate the discussions about all these changes here. :)

So what are your first impressions?

Destination

Re: Hero Rework Discussion

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:04 am

I think the overall changes are pretty nice.
I only have 2 problems,
1. Vallari, i bought her only for the energy potions(that spell was obviously broken) I really dont care about the rest of her abilitys, there are way cooler heros than her regarding that. I saw that people get something to test their new heros, but i think you should give people that bought heros that got nerfed in a way like that the chance to get another hero in exchange on the same lvl.
2. increasing the mana cost,the only thing this really does is giving people that buy a lot of chests/energy potions in the shop an advantage because they will be the ones acually beeing able to use the abilities all the time, i would rather see you just balance them out without increasing the mana cost.
But overall, with some tweaks, i think its pretty nice!

AzazeL
Squire
Squire

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:41 am

So what, you make all these changes and people are just meant to deal with the choices they made? I chose Cleo and accept she needed a power down, thats fine, but 5 mana for Favor of the Sun God, Tome of Creation sorry but this just puts me off bothering to fight.
Btw Big Question... Who is Nora, Gan Wraxius? Never once seen any of them in shop.

tmb954
Squire
Squire

Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:28 am

A question related to the wording of Elena's new skill. It says "magic damage will be reduced", what exactly does this mean? I have only seen 1 troop type that says it deals magic damage, Occultist. That would seem to make this skill pretty useless, unless there is just a translation error and the damage reduction also applies to spells cast by other heroes.

Freezee
Knight
Knight

Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:13 pm

AzazeL wrote:
So what, you make all these changes and people are just meant to deal with the choices they made? I chose Cleo and accept she needed a power down, thats fine, but 5 mana for Favor of the Sun God, Tome of Creation sorry but this just puts me off bothering to fight.
Btw Big Question... Who is Nora, Gan Wraxius? Never once seen any of them in shop.

This is what happens in every game ever that has heroes and abilities. They get buffed, nerfed, changed in many ways. Everyone said Cleo was broken, this was the reason I wouldn't spend money on her, I knew she would be nerfed ans didn't want to waste money. Big reason why I haven't spent any money on heroes yet.

Jamus
Squire
Squire

Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:10 pm

Vallari has been nerfed into oblivion with this change. First, you nerf her damage by 75%, a ridiculously over the top nerf. Second, you remove her utility by erasing her stamina potion skill.

Virion, all heroes really, already blows up the moment they are focused. The bubble nerf will make him another stat stick, only there to buff your units(and less effective at that since you're also nerfing his morale boost.)

The mana/energy changes to all heroes is just you wanting people to spend money on mana/energy potions. It's a shameless cash grab.

Let me repeat that, removal of resource/potion generation on top of adding/increasing usage costs is just a cash grab.

I've spent some money on this game, but your actions here(severe nerfs coupled with increased cost) are stopping me from doing that in the future.
Last edited by Jamus on Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flames
Baron
Baron

Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:24 pm

AzazeL wrote:

They are heroes, but it looks that don't come up so often in the shop.
Someone in another topic said he recently saw Gan, but some didn't saw nora for a while.

Gairten
Squire
Squire

Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:06 pm

First of all, I really appreciate how actively this game is being worked on for balance and fun. I'm looking forward to more information being available about each hero'es, unit's, item's statistics/abilities to make it easier for us to make informed choices on which heroes/units/items to work towards getting or developing. I'd be equally happy if that took the form of an online wiki or enhanced in-game tool tips.

Hero Rework-wise:
Given the scale and scope of these hero changes, will we have all of our ability points refunded for each hero? This would be very reasonable given how many abilities have been swapped out or significantly re-balanced.

AzazeL
Squire
Squire

Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:35 pm

Flames wrote:
AzazeL wrote:

They are heroes, but it looks that don't come up so often in the shop.
Someone in another topic said he recently saw Gan, but some didn't saw nora for a while.

Yeah, I'm just being a brat... I mean who am I to ask for something as Simple as the option to purchase content on a convient page where all Heroes available...

Tom
Squire
Squire

Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:42 pm

Gairten wrote:
Hero Rework-wise:
Given the scale and scope of these hero changes, will we have all of our ability points refunded for each hero? This would be very reasonable given how many abilities have been swapped out or significantly re-balanced.

You can already do this for free every 48 hours on the ability screen of each hero. Look for the orange button on the bottom right.

Destination wrote:
2. increasing the mana cost,the only thing this really does is giving people that buy a lot of chests/energy potions in the shop an advantage because they will be the ones acually beeing able to use the abilities all the time, i would rather see you just balance them out without increasing the mana cost.

Totally agree with this point. Five mana points is way too much for any hero's ult – this change will render magic-focused heroes practically unusable. A balance for this would be to add 3 mana potions per day to the patron rewards.
-
Server 30 / Dunwulf / Direwolves / 37 cities