Flames
Baron
Baron

Re: Why don't you emigrate?

Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:22 pm

Julianus wrote:
Zinek wrote:
Hiems wrote:
Why I don't emigrate? Because it costs 1k linaris...

Which you can get for free by levelling up your house!

And thats the only way ingame of getting it if you are free to play and thats only like 50-80 linari each time house lvls so your house needs to be lvl 10+ so yea f2p players never can switch.

It's not the only way. From time to time they sent out a survey to give your opinion.
If you answer these few questions you get like 150 linari sometimes.

Julianus
Knight
Knight

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:35 pm

Flames wrote:
Julianus wrote:
Zinek wrote:

Which you can get for free by levelling up your house!

And thats the only way ingame of getting it if you are free to play and thats only like 50-80 linari each time house lvls so your house needs to be lvl 10+ so yea f2p players never can switch.

It's not the only way. From time to time they sent out a survey to give your opinion.

True but forcing players to keep their linari seems kinda odd to me and those questions arent on a weekly basis. I rather see some kind of system with honor to be honest.
If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.
-Julius Caesar

Flames
Baron
Baron

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:39 pm

Julianus wrote:
Flames wrote:
Julianus wrote:

True but forcing players to keep their linari seems kinda odd to me and those questions arent on a weekly basis. I rather see some kind of system with honor to be honest.

They don't force you to keep your linari and they don't force you to use migrate.
It's all up to yourself how you want to play the game.

But i agree that they need to give the honor some more use in the game.

Julianus
Knight
Knight

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:42 pm

Flames wrote:
But i agree that they need to give the honor some more use in the game.

My point is that f2p players basiscly can't emigrate if they want. Sure they can wait for the odd survey to show up but how long is that gonna take to basisly wait that out? at this rate it would be atleast a month or longer
-Julius Caesar

Flames
Baron
Baron

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:50 pm

Maybe they don't made this feature to be used each day again and switch like crazy.
But just in case after a while when you notice your not happy with your king or kingdom,
as a back up feature to give you a second chance with another kingdom to start over but keep your progress.

Julianus
Knight
Knight

Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:53 pm

Flames wrote:
Maybe they don't made this feature to be used each day again and switch like crazy.
But just in case after a while when you notice your not happy with your king or kingdom,
as a back up feature to give you a second chance with another kingdom to start over but keep your progress.

I like the whole idea of it but yes it is hard to balance it out 1000 linari just seems a little to much for a f2p player if it was honor u could slowly atleast grind for it and let it cost like 20-25k honor or something and make it so you cant switch for like 1 month when you do decide to switch.
-Julius Caesar

SilentNSly
Squire
Squire

Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:33 am

SilentNSly wrote:
Flames wrote:
In order to maintain a reasonable balance between kingdoms, players are prevented from migrating to the kingdom that rules the most cities. We hope that players will migrate sparingly

I predict many players who are not in the kingdoms with #1 and #2 most cities, joining the kingdom with #2 most cities, effectively de-populating the other kingdoms.

Would not a better system for balance be to only allow migration to any kingdom that has less (or equal) cities as their current kingdom?

The new patch is almost here, and if my prediction is true then we are going to see many dead kingdoms as players emigrate to the #2 Kingdom.

Then, those F2P players in weak kingdoms with insufficient Linari to emigrate, will likely quit and realms will get even emptier.
Realm: S61
Kingdom: Athaly
House: Immortals
Player: Crystal Dawn

OIO
Knight
Knight

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:22 am

Honestly I see very little emigration happening. There will be those with the money to do so, but lets be honest. People with money in the game are usually a duke or prince in a prominent house anyways. So that leaves those who have spent some money but not allot, is it likely they'll move to another kingdom? Whats the incentive? Inless a large amount of people move, with sufficient power then it means little in the scope of territory gain. Because lets be honest, the people who decide the outcome of wars/city captures are the whales, and the smaller whales that follow them. So unless those individuals uproot and move to a new faction, without any direct inventive at first mind you, then nothing will change.

The incentives would have to be forming a new house, and gaining access to cities again as a prince/duke (mind you that the king system mitigates some of these issues, as you can appoint those individuals to one of the new ranks), but their will be marked drop in overall territory control. Since their not bringing the 20-80 house members with them(at least not likely) so the power and ability to capture and then KEEP a city will still basically be the same in the gaining kingdom.

So no, I dont see emigration really changing anything let alone fixing the current and ongoing issue that plagues any server older then a month.

Which is population. Can it be solved? Sure, find a way to protect lower end players, I wont go into the million and one ways to do this. They can pick one or any and go with it. Otherwise servers will continue to bleed people into newer servers, while either stagnating into a stalemate as defined by the algorithm that seems to define the state of all the older servers.

Whale + Player count + time coverage = winning kingdom

Whales can be mitigated, so can time coverage, nothing solves a lack of players to sit in an acquired city and act as a wall.

Flames
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:43 am

SilentNSly wrote:
SilentNSly wrote:
Flames wrote:
In order to maintain a reasonable balance between kingdoms, players are prevented from migrating to the kingdom that rules the most cities. We hope that players will migrate sparingly

I predict many players who are not in the kingdoms with #1 and #2 most cities, joining the kingdom with #2 most cities, effectively de-populating the other kingdoms.

Would not a better system for balance be to only allow migration to any kingdom that has less (or equal) cities as their current kingdom?

The new patch is almost here, and if my prediction is true then we are going to see many dead kingdoms as players emigrate to the #2 Kingdom.

Then, those F2P players in weak kingdoms with insufficient Linari to emigrate, will likely quit and realms will get even emptier.

That would indeed not be a good outcome.
Let's hope for the best and i'm sure if thing go wrong the devs will figure out something.