CabbageLord
Squire
Squire

Mummies

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:47 am

I hope mummies projectiles are faster. By the time they reach the enemy, the enemy troops are already killed by other units

Flames
Baron
Baron

Re: Mummies

Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:36 pm

CabbageLord wrote:
I hope mummies projectiles are faster. By the time they reach the enemy, the enemy troops are already killed by other units

I would suggest to invest in some other units that do fir your style of fighting and leave those mummies for other parts of the game.

Ragnaros
Squire
Squire

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:56 am

Mummies need a buff. Give them the gold archer treatment, they are already nerfed being disposable.

shaunus
Squire
Squire

Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:58 am

Mummies are garbage, yes.
What are they good for? Goodness knows, wasting rubies I guess? Doesn't help that unlike cavalry and tanks mummies are total garbage in your garrison.

FlyingScorpion
Squire
Squire

Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:27 am

Yeah I noticed that mummies are kinda weak too. I would rather have another spider in the 3x3 spot where the mummies go. I have a question though, if I put mummies in my garrison and they are on the wall during a defense, can they raise dead all the way across the battlefield, or only close proximity to the wall?

FleurDeMur
Squire
Squire

Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:34 am

All the way across the battlefield. I had this happen at a castle I was attacking.

FlyingScorpion
Squire
Squire

Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:59 am

That's actually really cool.

FleurDeMur
Squire
Squire

Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:52 am

Yeah, it really messed up the AI of some of my units. The guy probably only took 1/3 of the wall damage he would have otherwise, and because they were gold mummies (he's in a level 14 human castle iirc, so I assume he got lucky on a merc camp or something) I couldn't quite kill them, so they spawned skeletons the whole time. It was kind of cool to see, there were people fighting across the whole field most of the time.

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:31 pm

Maybe a buff for mummies could be that they get a separate building that isn't the hospital that revives undead troops(a graveyard building maybe?!) its too risky to make gold troops and silver troops that die pretty easily before they give you the value of their cap spaces. Its why most lich never even touch mummies or ravagers or any undead troop for that matter, cost does not match the reward making their usage rate probably the lowest in the game especially for how much value scorps and spiders give and are healable

FlyingScorpion
Squire
Squire

Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:49 pm

Yes, Scorps and Spiders are much more used than undead units. Maybe the devs need to nerf scorps and spiders so that we will use undead units more.

Just kidding! If you lose 24 Silver Acolytes in battle on enemy territory and you lose 7 Scorpions, 70% of the scorpions survive, while all of the Acolytes die. If you add up the mithril costs, you lose a considerably larger amount of mithril if a squad of 24 Acolytes die rather than 7 Scorpions. I think it's 37% more. However; if you fight on your own territory, then the difference in cost-efficiency increases even more! 0% lost mithril/crystals for scorpions/spiders is unmeasurably better than the rare resources lost with undead.

The main difference in the debate between undead units vs magical beasts comes down to time. Which one gives you the most benefit in terms of time? Consider the amount of time it takes for scorps/spiders to heal in the hospital versus the amount of time it takes to farm up enough resources to rebuild an undead army.